It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell takes a PAYCUT!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
So it's ok Conner fumbled?

Somehow Conner's fumbles don't contribute losses. Why? Because he replaced Bell? And Bell is a jerk?

Yeah, I don’t get what’s controversial about this.

there wouldn't be anything controversial if we were talking about what you two Swiss dick-suckers just said

But that's not what Swiss said

Once you get your mouth off of Swiss's troll-cock, go back and read the thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 am 

steel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

Somehow Conner's fumbles don't contribute losses. Why? Because he replaced Bell? And Bell is a jerk?

there wouldn't be anything controversial if we were talking about what you two Swiss dick-suckers just said

But that's not was Swiss said

I’ve got news for you: I can suck dick AND read at the same time. I’m a multiple threat.

When Swiss said “cost us games,” I took him to mean contributed mightily to a loss. I am sorry that I did not read him in a light that would make his comments as easy to dismiss as possible.

Sheesh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:27 am 

steel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

But that's not what Swiss said

Nah. I understand words and context.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:36 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

no, you don't

there was no context - i posted the entire sentence from the troll-post that he wrote

here it is again:

Bell's replacement fumbled away two wins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:43 am 

steel wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Me too. That said, Conner is not better, he's not as good as Bell, personally, I would like them to get someone else, to share the load with Conner and Samuels, I'm a Pitt fan and I think Conner can be injury prone, I've watched him now for 6 seasons. There's no reason to "run the wheels off" of any RB, get another decent back who can run and catch and have the three of them split touches, Why not Conner 180-200 carries and the other 2 100-150 each, and split their time.

OK - I have news for you and troll-Swiss

You can't judge a players value without also judging THE COST

The value of AB, and the value of LB, does not exceed their cost. NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE.

The value of Connor is so far higher than his cost that it's not even believable. It's such a bargain, and none of you fucking see it.

That's ok - luckily you don't run an NFL franchise.

Yet you managed to miss where I basically said this regarding cost and opposed swiss's stance, referring to me as swiss's fellater and suggesting I re-read. I could care less about defending swiss. But why are you so offended that people might?

Bell and AB didn't want to be here. Conner is 0/2 in playing a full season. Conner's poorly timed fumbles contributed to 2 losses. Juju's poorly timed fumble contributed to another. Bell/AB more talented than Conner/JuJu. Conner's cost/production is better value than Bell's cost/production enabling team to build elsewhere.

Why can't these all be true?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Bell and AB didn't want to be here. Conner is 0/2 in playing a full season. Conner's poorly timed fumbles contributed to 2 losses. Juju's poorly timed fumble contributed to another. Bell/AB more talented than Conner/JuJu. Conner's cost/production is better value than Bell's cost/production enabling team to build elsewhere.

Why can't these all be true?

the things you say are all true.

in the rush to promote Bell/AB over Connor/ JuJu, the trolls like Swiss blatantly ignore the COST of those players vs. the VALUE

the basic premise of the PATRIOT WAY is to jettison good solid (even superstar) players when their COST exceeds their VALUE, and when there is a substantially cheaper alternative to fill in the value gap.

my only problem with the Steelers is that we need to TRADE these prima-donna superstars before we overpay them, or just let them walk as free agents like the Pats do (and pick up draft pick compensation).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 am 

Still Lit wrote:
steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

never thought i'd see it here -- but swiss has become a troll -- sad day

Your hating Bell’s guts does not make Swiss a troll for posting something factual or nearly close to plain fact.

Connor sure as shit fumbled us into a tie in the opener. The one who denies it is closer to being a troll than the one who affirms it.

That doesn’t mean Connor isn’t going to be a formidable back going forward. But the ball was coughed up and it cost us.

Swiss makes good points...can’t argue with any of them...fully acknowledging that both guys needed to move on.
Where he loses me is railing on the posters trying to put a positive spin on this. Players come and go...fans will always look at the bright side.
This is very un-Swiss-like, who is usually Mr. Positive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:22 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
4 years at $52M

LOWER YEARLY AVERAGE THAN THE STEELERS OFFERED!

TRIUMPH!!!

*Steelers lose one of the game's premier running backs.

*Team that signs him doesn't pay all that much.

How exactly is this a triumph??

In the Chinese Year of Mike Tomlin failure is success as self preservation is the aim of all beings.
This is what comes of paying little to no attention to details and ass-slapping your lazy way along under the guise of pseudo-gut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 am 

[/quote]

never thought i'd see it here -- but swiss has become a troll -- sad day[/quote]

Your hating Bell’s guts does not make Swiss a troll for posting something factual or nearly close to plain fact.

Connor sure as shit fumbled us into a tie in the opener. The one who denies it is closer to being a troll than the one who affirms it.

That doesn’t mean Connor isn’t going to be a formidable back going forward. But the ball was coughed up and it cost us.[/quote]

go back to sucking Swiss's tiny troll cock

one fumble doesn't cost an entire game, dumbass -- a statement like that reveals either ignorance or trolling.
I will choose trolling, because I know that Swiss knows better
and you're just ignorant[/quote]

Maybe you should consider decaf. Caffeine is a hell of a drug :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm 

How is Swiss a troll again?

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:17 pm 

Wow, it’s like a Swiss dick sucking party in here!

They’re coming out of the woodwork!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
How is Swiss a troll again?

I don't think Swiss is a troll, I just think he's wrong on many levels.

Both Bell and Brown are pieces of shit for different reasons and we're lucky to be rid of them.

Especially Bell. I believe Conner and Samuels gave us actually more than Bell would have had he played last season.

We can go on and on about a few big fumbles (and big they were) but Bell's inability to be more than "3 yards and cloud of dust" just isn't important anymore in today's NFL.

Bell's a dinosaur who has had far too many touches in his career and his body is breaking down.

Here is part of ESPN's take on Bell leaving the Steelers:

1. The Steelers rushing' attack was just fine without him. The best thing for the 27-year-old's market value would have been if Pittsburgh's offense had collapsed in his absence. That didn't happen. Pittsburgh's offense averaged 25.2 points per game, up from its 24.4 points per contest in 2017. It declined in offensive DVOA, but only from third in the league to sixth.

The Steelers inserted James Conner and then Jaylen Samuels into the breach, and the duo outperformed the Bell we saw play out the franchise tag in 2017:

Bell in 2017: 4.0 yards per carry, with a first-down percentage of 23.1 and an EPA+ percentage of 40.5.

Conner/Samuels in 2018: 4.5 yards per carry, with a first-down percentage of 25.5 and an EPA+ percentage of 44.6.

EPA+ percentage is the percentage of carries each back had that added to the expected points the Steelers were likely to score on their respective drives.

Pittsburgh did have to change its offense to account for Bell being gone. It threw the ball more frequently, calling for passes on 67.4 percent of its snaps last season as opposed to 58.4 percent of the offensive plays in 2017. The Steelers also missed Bell as a receiver, although Conner caught 55 passes for 497 yards and averaged 7.0 yards per target, which was better than the 6.2 yards per target Bell averaged in 2017.

At the same time, if we can even make a credible case that the Steelers got similar production from two backs who made a combined $1.1 million in 2018 as Pittsburgh received from a franchise-tagged Bell in 2017, there's no reason to split hairs. There's no question the smarter teams in the league looked at how Pittsburgh operated without Bell and thought that he was less impactful after looking at the offense in his absence. (The same might very well be true for Gurley in Los Angeles after C.J. Anderson's late-season run.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:30 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Swiss dicks have too many holes...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Swiss dicks have too many holes...

Priceless...Thanks for the laughs - out loud....both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:27 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

That doesn’t mean Connor isn’t going to be a formidable back going forward. But the ball was coughed up and it cost us.

So none of Ben's 4 or 5 turnovers had anything to do with that game? It is all on Conner? Just want to make sure I adjust the stats so that conner is the one with 5 turnovers in that game and nobody else did anything wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

The fumble started the Browns comeback, opened the door for them. After the Browns scored the TD after Conner's fumble, we still had a 7 point lead. A lot happened on the football field after the fumble including OT.

Leveon Bell is the most overrated player in the NFL, well he was anyway. We replaced him for a fraction of the cost with his backup and his backup's backup. 7.2 ypc 142 yds for Samuels vs Patriots. I'm looking forward to seeing hopefully a slimmed down Samuels plus Conner this season in Fichtner's offense baggage free.

We need to add talent to the receiving game. If the offense slows down this season, it won't be because of the RB position.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:32 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:

There's no arguing fumbles contribute losses. Name me a stat that says fumbling helps winning or is neutral in terms of game outcomes.

What we do know regarding Bell. Steelers offerred him a contract exceeding his market value. They were willing to pay a premium to keep him on the team. Bell decided he didn't want to play under those terms. Bell overvalued himself and is now not a steeler due to his own decision. The steelers didn't run him out of town. The steelers didn't low ball him. Bell decided to decline.

Now he's gone, making less money after giving up a year's salary. Steelers aren't overpaying for him. Very talented back who didn't turn the ball over who i'd like to have on the roster. But he decided to leave. Oh well. Fuck him. And yes, it can be argued conner/samuels at their pay are more value than bell is when overpaying him when dealing with a cap.

On to AB, oddly his future replacement as defacto #1 also contributed to a loss by fumbling at the end of a game this past year.

AB wanted gone too. I'd also like him on the team. He didn't want to be here, like Bell. Steelers did nothing unfair to the kid, he turned malicious in not showing up, then attacking a teammate on media and intentionally devaluing his trade value.

AB/Bell more talent to the steelers than JuJu/Conner. But, neither wanted to be here despite the steelers treating them MORE than fairly.

So what's the argument exactly? How do you keep players that refuse and shit on your goodwill, mocking you as you offer it?

Their choice that they're gone. Fuck them to hell.

On to the guys that want to be here. Just like FC's recent post....im personally moving on to this team as construed going forward

Didn’t AB cost us a playoff spot or something when he stepped out of bounce during the Miami game. That cost us a victory. We can go on an on with these blunders.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 pm 

steel wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

no, you don't

there was no context - i posted the entire sentence from the troll-post that he wrote

here it is again:

I'll stand by my comment, Steel.

*Against Cleveland, per my memory, Steelers had a 14-point lead, and the ball when Connor fumbled with seven minutes left. He doesn't fumble, Steelers win. What part of that don't you understand??

*Against Denver, last play of 3Q, Connor fumbles on Denver's 23 yard line with Steelers about to go ahead. Denver then drives for winning TD. What part of THAT don't you understand?

Connor accounted for himself well last season. He is NOT Leveon Bell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm 

Jeemie writes:

Swiss’ act is getting tiring, Lit.

Brown and Bell weren’t coming back. It makes little sense to keep whining about it.

Vindictiveness for them for their part in screwing the Steelers is all the rest of us have left.

That and a realization that they’re gone and the Steelers have to make the best of it.

What’s the point in being a fan and saying “Oh, Brown and Bell are gone- we’re screwed?” It’s March...and March is the time for hope. At this time of year, even fans of teams destined to finish 2-14 are probably dreaming of how their team will somehow make the Super Bowl.

I feel hopeful because Fichtner shows flashes that he’ll be able to make a successful offensive scheme with lesser offensive talent because his scheme doesn’t rely as much on players winning individual matchups as Haley’s did...and so Haley could only be successful with All-Pro talent everywhere...and then only when that All-Pro talent was playing well.

That hope is tempered by the fact that Tomlin is still HC and neither Tomlin/Colbert/Butler seem to be able to find, develop and build defensive talent, and Tomlin is a fucking strategic and tactical moron.

But we have what we have...shut the fuck up about it and move on already.[/quote]

Swissvale72 writes:

Funny, the Hall Monitor with 25,000 posts says that MY act is getting old? March..time for hope? What about time for realism?? Lose arguably best running back and wideout in football, keep a Dumbfuck to coach the team, and we're suppose to be infused with hope?? Hokkayyyy, Jeems!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am 

Yes Swiss, it is realistic to have hope.

Because we didn’t win any rings with either Bell or Brown on the roster, so there’s no call to believe we’re suddenly going to collapse without them on the roster.

And more to the point, since you’re talking about being realistic...

THEY...WERE...NEVER...COMING...BACK.

Everyone but you knew this...you were still talking about the situation with Brown being “salvageable” as late as a week ago.

So don’t talk to me about realism.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:52 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Yes Swiss, it is realistic to have hope.

Because we didn’t win any rings with either Bell or Brown on the roster, so there’s no call to believe we’re suddenly going to collapse without them on the roster.

And more to the point, since you’re talking about being realistic...

THEY...WERE...NEVER...COMING...BACK.

Everyone but you knew this...you were still talking about the situation with Brown being “salvageable” as late as a week ago.

So don’t talk to me about realism.

So...Steelers have on their roster arguably the game's premier running back AND wide receiver. They win no rings. Take those two guys off of the roster, and we're supposed to be brimming with hope???

This must be the new math, according to Jeemie, former oboe player in the Penn State Blue Band, author of 25,000 posts, roughly half of which call attention to little bullshit errors of fact, grammer and remembrance.

So Steelers lose AB and sign Dante Moncrief, and all of a sudden the assembled populace of this esteemed website are believers in James Washington as well, after castigating the kid for the majority of last season.

We lose Leveon Bell, but we're okay with the guy who fumbled twice in big spots last year, and yes....Steelers WOULD HAVE won the Browns game and thus made the playoffs, had he held onto the ball vs. Cleveland with seven minutes left and a 14-point lead.

Sorry I'm not buying the Steelers equivalent of Arab Spring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
steel wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

no, you don't

here it is again:

I'll stand by my comment, Steel.

*Against Cleveland, per my memory, Steelers had a 14-point lead, and the ball when Connor fumbled with seven minutes left. He doesn't fumble, Steelers win. What part of that don't you understand??

*Against Denver, last play of 3Q, Connor fumbles on Denver's 23 yard line with Steelers about to go ahead. Denver then drives for winning TD. What part of THAT don't you understand?

Connor accounted for himself well last season. He is NOT Leveon Bell.

As ESPN pointed out, Conner and Jaylen Samuels definitely were NOT Le'Veon Bell.

They were better and more effective.

Far more explosive, too.

Glad as fuck Bell is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:50 am 

Deal even worse than initially reported.

4 year $52.5m with $25m guaranteed by Sunday. $8m of that is signing bonus.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... 37314?s=20

Worse in every way than what Steelers offered.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God that is so fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:

I'd be finding a new agent. Not only that but he lost the time value of money also.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next