It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell takes a PAYCUT!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 am 

steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Bell's replacement fumbled away two wins.

never thought i'd see it here -- but swiss has become a troll -- sad day

Your hating Bell’s guts does not make Swiss a troll for posting something factual or nearly close to plain fact.

Connor sure as shit fumbled us into a tie in the opener. The one who denies it is closer to being a troll than the one who affirms it.

That doesn’t mean Connor isn’t going to be a formidable back going forward. But the ball was coughed up and it cost us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am 

steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Because we’ve already shown we can replace his production with a cheaper tandem of Connor/Samuels.

RBs, even pass-carching RBs like Bell, are commodities, not premium players, Swiss.

If CJ Anderson stepping right in for Todd Gurley didn’t prove that to you...nothing will.

excellent points Jeemie -but swiss is trolling, so your logic will fail no matter how good it is

Swiss is right that there are going to be growing pains, and I get that Ben isn’t getting any younger so can we afford more growing pains? I get that argument.

But it had to be done...these guys didn’t want to play here anymore. The cost to keep their talent here exceeded the benefit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 am 

Still Lit wrote:
steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Your hating Bell’s guts does not make Swiss a troll for posting something factual or nearly close to plain fact.

Connor sure as shit fumbled us into a tie in the opener. The one who denies it is closer to being a troll than the one who affirms it.

That doesn’t mean Connor isn’t going to be a formidable back going forward. But the ball was coughed up and it cost us.

go back to sucking Swiss's tiny troll cock

one fumble doesn't cost an entire game, dumbass -- a statement like that reveals either ignorance or trolling.
I will choose trolling, because I know that Swiss knows better
and you're just ignorant

Last edited by steel on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 am 

That the fumble did not cost the game is arguable.

I mean, if the dude does not fumble in Denver (iirc) and certainly in Cleveland we win in Cleveland.

I suppose we could hammer out the semantics of what “cost” means.

You sure did resort to dick sucking awfully fast in this exchange. You couldn’t have waited for at least two more posts? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 am 

Still Lit wrote:

I mean, if the dude does not fumble in Denver (iirc) and certainly in Cleveland we win in Cleveland.

You sure did resort to dick sucking awfully fast in this exchange. You couldn’t have waited for at least two more posts? :lol:

one post limit this year -- trying something new for 2019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Didn't Conner's fumble in the Cleveland game come in the rain on something like his 38th touch of his first-ever NFL start? I put the blame for that fumble largely on the coaches for not trying to rotate the other backs in to give Conner a rest. Fichtner basically came out and said as much after the game.

The Denver fumble was an inexcusable fuck-up on Conner's part and very costly. The entire team played that game like they had spent all night celebrating Colorado's legalization. While other fuck-ups were worse (Grimble's decision to get lit up by a safety instead of scoring a TD, Ben's horrible game ending decisions), Conner certainly bears a portion of that loss.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:18 am 

Still Lit wrote:

When he fumbled the Steelers were leading 21-7. The fumble hurt but not sure you can say his fumble cost the game. Did his fumble cost the game more than Boswell’s OT FG miss did?

Against Denver, there were four turnovers in that game. Grimble’s took seven points off the board...we lost by seven points. Did Connor’s fumble cost us the game more than Grimble’s?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am 

I saw the Jets changed the deal to 4 years $61M. The additions were crazy incentives that he will not reach. It just had to be more than the Steeler offer he left on the table.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:

Didn't Conner's fumble in the Cleveland game come in the rain on something like his 38th touch of his first-ever NFL start? I put the blame for that fumble largely on the coaches for not trying to rotate the other backs in to give Conner a rest. Fichtner basically came out and said as much after the game.

The Denver fumble was an inexcusable fuck-up on Conner's part and very costly. The entire team played that game like they had spent all night celebrating Colorado's legalization. While other fuck-ups were worse (Grimble's decision to get lit up by a safety instead of scoring a TD, Ben's horrible game ending decisions), Conner certainly bears a portion of that loss.

this is OUTSTANDING football analysis -- but Swiss will still probably troll you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 am 

Jeemie wrote:
When he fumbled the Steelers were leading 21-7. The fumble hurt but not sure you can say his fumble cost the game. Did his fumble cost the game more than Boswell’s OT FG miss did?

Against Denver, there were four turnovers in that game. Grimble’s took seven points off the board...we lost by seven points. Did Connor’s fumble cost us the game more than Grimble’s?

this is MORE OUTSTANDING football analysis -- but Swiss will also still probably troll you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:22 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Cost is relative. I don’t dislike Connor. I was merely suggesting that Swiss is not simply trolling. Grimble’s dumbfuckery definitely cost us. Bc Boz fucked up does not mean that Connor did not, obviously. Where Connor fumbled iirc gave the Browns seven points?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 am 

Me first players like Bell and Brown aren't conducive to Championships. We need players that think team first.

I said last year that I didn't think Bell was anywhere near the deal offered to him. Thank God he didn't take it. Killing our cap on a RB is plain old dumb in today's NFL.

Sure, Conner made a couple mistakes last year. Shit happens. Good teams find ways past it when their best players make a mistake. The Steelers had other crucial errors in those games that cost them just as much. We should be thankful we have Conner at this point to carry the load.

As for the good news here, well, if the Jets get better that is good news. The Cheats have cruised to AFC East titles without ever breaking a sweat for 15 years now. Someone in that division has to rise up and make it tougher on them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 am 

Still Lit wrote:
I was merely suggesting that Swiss is not simply trolling. Grimble’s dumbfuckery definitely cost us. Bc Boz fucked up does not mean that Connor did not, obviously. Where Connor fumbled iirc gave the Browns seven points?

Swiss said that Connor's 2 fumbles "cost us 2 wins" -- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 am 

Quote:
Adam Crowley

Verified account

@_adamcrowley
2h2 hours ago
More Adam Crowley Retweeted NFL on ESPN
I can’t wait for Le’Veon Bell to get revenge on those damn Steelers. They tried to pay him too much.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 am 

steel wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:

this is OUTSTANDING football analysis -- but Swiss will still probably troll you

I enjoy reading Swiss' posts, but he seems naive on the Bell and Brown situations. There was no realistic way that either of these guys would be on the Steelers in 2019- if there had been, the Steelers would have kept them. They were no longer willing to be Steelers. I think losing AB may pose a big problem for the offense- I'm skeptical about Washington, and the FO has been very spotty in drafting WRs since 2010 (JuJu being the only success). I think Bell is overrated and declining. We didn't really miss him in 2018. But whatever the case may be, they're not Steelers, they didn't want to be Steelers, so I see no point whining that we should have kept them. It wasn't going to happen.

Still Lit wrote:
steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Swiss’ act is getting tiring, Lit.

Brown and Bell weren’t coming back. It makes little sense to keep whining about it.

Vindictiveness for them for their part in screwing the Steelers is all the rest of us have left.

That and a realization that they’re gone and the Steelers have to make the best of it.

What’s the point in being a fan and saying “Oh, Brown and Bell are gone- we’re screwed?” It’s March...and March is the time for hope. At this time of year, even fans of teams destined to finish 2-14 are probably dreaming of how their team will somehow make the Super Bowl.

I feel hopeful because Fichtner shows flashes that he’ll be able to make a successful offensive scheme with lesser offensive talent because his scheme doesn’t rely as much on players winning individual matchups as Haley’s did...and so Haley could only be successful with All-Pro talent everywhere...and then only when that All-Pro talent was playing well.

That hope is tempered by the fact that Tomlin is still HC and neither Tomlin/Colbert/Butler seem to be able to find, develop and build defensive talent, and Tomlin is a fucking strategic and tactical moron.

But we have what we have...shut the fuck up about it and move on already.

Last edited by Jeemie on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

franco32 wrote:
Me first players like Bell and Brown aren't conducive to Championships. We need players that think team first.

I said last year that I didn't think Bell was anywhere near the deal offered to him. Thank God he didn't take it. Killing our cap on a RB is plain old dumb in today's NFL.

Sure, Conner made a couple mistakes last year. Shit happens. Good teams find ways past it when their best players make a mistake. The Steelers had other crucial errors in those games that cost them just as much. We should be thankful we have Conner at this point to carry the load.

As for the good news here, well, if the Jets get better that is good news. The Cheats have cruised to AFC East titles without ever breaking a sweat for 15 years now. Someone in that division has to rise up and make it tougher on them.

MORE GREAT FOOTBALL ANALYSIS --

But Swiss is trolling - "Bell is better than Connor, therefore, we are worse off today"

FUCKING TROLL!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:

I enjoy reading Swiss' posts, but he seems naive on the Bell and Brown situations. .

SURPRISES ME TOO

trolling doesn't suit Swiss's online persona here - it's not naivete

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 am 

Don't forget the 14.1 he walked away from last season.

What a stupid motherfucker

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am 

MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
4 years at $52M

LOWER YEARLY AVERAGE THAN THE STEELERS OFFERED!

TRIUMPH!!!

Plus $14.5 million lost from not showing up last year! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am 

So it's ok Conner fumbled?

Somehow Conner's fumbles don't contribute losses. Why? Because he replaced Bell? And Bell is a jerk?

There's no arguing fumbles contribute losses. Name me a stat that says fumbling helps winning or is neutral in terms of game outcomes.

What we do know regarding Bell. Steelers offerred him a contract exceeding his market value. They were willing to pay a premium to keep him on the team. Bell decided he didn't want to play under those terms. Bell overvalued himself and is now not a steeler due to his own decision. The steelers didn't run him out of town. The steelers didn't low ball him. Bell decided to decline.

Now he's gone, making less money after giving up a year's salary. Steelers aren't overpaying for him. Very talented back who didn't turn the ball over who i'd like to have on the roster. But he decided to leave. Oh well. Fuck him. And yes, it can be argued conner/samuels at their pay are more value than bell is when overpaying him when dealing with a cap.

On to AB, oddly his future replacement as defacto #1 also contributed to a loss by fumbling at the end of a game this past year.

AB wanted gone too. I'd also like him on the team. He didn't want to be here, like Bell. Steelers did nothing unfair to the kid, he turned malicious in not showing up, then attacking a teammate on media and intentionally devaluing his trade value.

AB/Bell more talent to the steelers than JuJu/Conner. But, neither wanted to be here despite the steelers treating them MORE than fairly.

So what's the argument exactly? How do you keep players that refuse and shit on your goodwill, mocking you as you offer it?

Their choice that they're gone. Fuck them to hell.

On to the guys that want to be here. Just like FC's recent post....im personally moving on to this team as construed going forward

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 am 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
4 years at $52M

LOWER YEARLY AVERAGE THAN THE STEELERS OFFERED!

TRIUMPH!!!

*Steelers lose one of the game's premier running backs.

*Team that signs him doesn't pay all that much.

How exactly is this a triumph??

Was hoping the market would tank on him enough for us to sign him back.

Me too. That said, Conner is not better, he's not as good as Bell, personally, I would like them to get someone else, to share the load with Conner and Samuels, I'm a Pitt fan and I think Conner can be injury prone, I've watched him now for 6 seasons. There's no reason to "run the wheels off" of any RB, get another decent back who can run and catch and have the three of them split touches, Why not Conner 180-200 carries and the other 2 100-150 each, and split their time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Somehow Conner's fumbles don't contribute losses. Why? Because he replaced Bell? And Bell is a jerk?

go suck Swiss's tiny troll cock

He didn't say the fumbles CONTRIBUTED TO LOSSES - he said Connor "fumbled away 2 wins"

fucking troll comment, and you fucking fell for it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:10 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Yeah, I don’t get what’s controversial about this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:10 am 

Nick79 wrote:

Me too. That said, Conner is not better, he's not as good as Bell, personally, I would like them to get someone else, to share the load with Conner and Samuels, I'm a Pitt fan and I think Conner can be injury prone, I've watched him now for 6 seasons. There's no reason to "run the wheels off" of any RB, get another decent back who can run and catch and have the three of them split touches, Why not Conner 180-200 carries and the other 2 100-150 each, and split their time.

OK - I have news for you and troll-Swiss

You can't judge a players value without also judging THE COST

The value of AB, and the value of LB, does not exceed their cost. NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE.

The value of Connor is so far higher than his cost that it's not even believable. It's such a bargain, and none of you fucking see it.

That's ok - luckily you don't run an NFL franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next