It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye to The Outlaw
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
KC wrote:

Conner was unbelievable before injury (calling him injury prone is a little early. Bell was THE most injury prone RB as a Steeler I've ever seen) and ended up in the Pro Bowl.

Well, I agree its early in Conner's career to label him as injury prone...but he's been in the league 2 years and missed time in both. Ended 2017 on IR (got hurt in Pats game I think?). And the obvious missed time last year.

I'd like them to add a 3rd guy to the group with a different skillset and use the committee approach and use guys as needed within specific, targeted game plans.

Tevin Coleman will get too much money but a guy like him would be perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 pm 

Steelers RB group lacks:

• short-yardage converter
• breakaway speed
• 4-min drill grind it out guy

That's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:47 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Hanging on to guys like Xavier Grimble, Justin Hunter, Daniel McCullers, etc., is a microcosm of what ails this organization.

Ding ding.

Jesse James was ok if viewed for what he really was. And that’s an ok #2 that can give you some spot starts here and there.

He’s isn’t a guy you hitch your wagon to long term and should have been upgraded a while back.

Glad he got a good offer to play elsewhere.

This front office is becoming more and more like a no kill animal shelter. They’ll keep whatever sickly dog that behaves itself. Performance or upside be damned.

We simply cannot get better if we continue to keep players that have already shown over multiple years to be mediocre JAGS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:53 pm 

For reference, Vance McDonald got 3 years / $19.65m with $7m guaranteed.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Lions are giving TE Jesse James a 4-year deal worth $25M, source said. He gets $11M fully guaranteed. Big payday for the former Steeler.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 pm 

He was a 5th round draft pick. That the return on was more than worth the pick. It means in 3rd or 4th I fully expect Steelers to draft a TE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:17 pm 

The Outlaw was underappreciated when he was here. Not to the extent of, say, a Heath Miller, but what I saw on the field was a solid player for where he was picked. I am scratching my head at what Detroit paid for him, but we'll see.

His signature moment, for better or worse, will always be the not-a-TD-TD that basically determined the 2017 season, and will remain for me one of the top five biggest screw jobs perpetrated by the NFL I have ever seen. But he made plenty of clutch catches for us outside of that, and I wish him the best of luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:21 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
The Outlaw was underappreciated when he was here. Not to the extent of, say, a Heath Miller, but what I saw on the field was a solid player for where he was picked. I am scratching my head at what Detroit paid for him, but we'll see.

His signature moment, for better or worse, will always be the not-a-TD-TD that basically determined the 2017 season, and will remain for me one of the top five biggest screw jobs perpetrated by the NFL I have ever seen. But he made plenty of clutch catches for us outside of that, and I wish him the best of luck.
That's where I am. Kinda sorry to see him leave. No bullshit player. Kept his nose clean and went to work. Unlike the other narcissistic assholes on the team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:23 pm 

DrMalba wrote:

I would have loved to watch a foot race between James, Betty White and Stephen Hawking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm 

KC wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
I would have loved to watch a foot race between James, Betty White and Stephen Hawking.
With or without the wheel chair?

I kinda wanted to see him fake out a tree. I'm guessing the tree would tackle him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Now who going to get the Heath calls

Matt Spaeth

wait, wut?! :?

It was cool last decade, but maybe it's time for Yinzer Nation to just let that shit die already...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:16 pm 

DrMalba wrote:

He fucking did man. I remember SEVERAL times watching him sky in the middle of the field for a high ball and get damn near cut in half. The fucker looked like he'd suffered a hella back injury but never fuckin missed a beat. Yeah the mf'er didn't maintain across the plane against NE. That's a dicked up new rule man. Once you cross its over.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm 

Twitter @BradGalli

New Lions tight end Jesse James says he is glad to get away from the drama within the Steelers organization.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:35 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Twitter @BradGalli

New Lions tight end Jesse James says he is glad to get away from the drama within the Steelers organization.

Jeez :roll:
This shit might be worse than we think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:40 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Twitter @BradGalli

:lol:

That’s fucking super.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:42 pm 

When a fucking JAG can’t get out of town fast enough you know you have a big culture problem.

Such a shame our wagon is still hitched to the man with the most responsibility here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
I like him being from Glassport & Penn State. Made some plays; didn't make others. On the whole, liked him being a Steeler.

I concur. "Concur" may confuse the Swiss haters enough to stop them calling me names for agreeing with you. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:24 pm 

KC wrote:

Bell was hurt all the time when it mattered, was slowing down and James Conner made the Pro Bowl in his first season as a starter.

Bell NEVER PLAYED a complete season with us, did he?

overrated piece of fucking shit -- so happy we didn't get stuck with an albatross contract with him

we have equal production for less than 1/10th the price

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:26 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Twitter @BradGalli

yea, must be really fucking bad, considering JJ signed to play football out of High school with a college where it had been recently revealed that a serial child rapist had been an icon coach for the football program for decades

He DEFINITELY is familiar with "drama" within an organization!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 pm 

955876 wrote:
When a fucking JAG can’t get out of town fast enough you know you have a big culture problem.

Such a shame our wagon is still hitched to the man with the most responsibility here.

you left out 3 letters after "JAG"

JAG OFF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 pm 

oldsteelerfan wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I like him being from Glassport & Penn State. Made some plays; didn't make others. On the whole, liked him being a Steeler.

I concur. "Concur" may confuse the Swiss haters enough to stop them calling me names for agreeing with you. :roll:

FUCK HIM -- dropped an easy TD against the Pats that would've ensured home field throughout the playoffs. The kid has no hands.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm 

Someone hopefully will write a book someday

Would love to know who is mostly to blame for the drama

Players, coaches.....personality clashes, whatever it may be

I’m gonna go with my gut on this one

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm 

Someone should post the tweet from our new CB when asked about the drama or what he heard coming into the Steelers.

He said something along the lines of about how several people told me about this great organization and how chill Tomlin is and you can just come to work and do your thing. (Paraphrasing)

:|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:49 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Someone should post the tweet from our new CB when asked about the drama or what he heard coming into the Steelers.

He said something along the lines of about how several people told me about this great organization and how chill Tomlin is and you can just come to work and do your thing. (Paraphrasing)

:|

More frat brother than head coach.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 pm 

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/03 ... ers-drama/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 pm 

Pabst wrote:
For reference, Vance McDonald got 3 years / $19.65m with $7m guaranteed.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Lions are giving TE Jesse James a 4-year deal worth $25M, source said. He gets $11M fully guaranteed. Big payday for the former Steeler.

I know McDonald's contract is always reported as 3 years, $19.65 million but it was way more than that.

There were 4th and 5th year club options at $5.5 million apiece. The Steelers will pick both of those up as they have already restructured his contract and are spreading out the restructure over the 2019-2021 seasons, so McDonald's contract is actually a 5 year almost $31 million contract.

And there are performance escalators and other options too. He gets $75,000 if he has over 55 receptions, gets $75,000 if he has over 700 yards receiving. He has per game bonuses of some $47,000 where he can make up to a max of $750,000.

McDonald just missed those performance escalators last season. I think he will greatly improve on his 50 catches of last season and he could make an additional $900,000 this upcoming season if he has a Pro Bowl season, 75 catches, 1,000 yards, etc.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that when everything is said and done, the total value of McDonald's contract could be as much as $33 million.

So, the Steelers could afford to pay for one TE, but to have two TEs both making over $25 million? To have close to $60 million invested in your 2 TEs?? Wasn't going to happen. I wish Jesse nothing but the best, he was a high character, blue collar player and was never injured. I see him as a guy who will play 10-12 years in the NFL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next