It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye to The Outlaw
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
Glad he's gone. Looked like Tarzan, took a hit like Jane. If Noah Fant or CJ Hockenson are available in the first round, get one of them. Both have more upside than George Kittle in San Fran, who I also wanted previously.

James was probably the least fluid receiver / TE I have ever seen. It looked like he was trying to do the robot when he turned to run after catch.

He was mediocre at best, and easily replaceable. No one here would care that James left had he come from Nebraska or Illinois instead of Penn State.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
KCSteeler wrote:
Glad he's gone. Looked like Tarzan, took a hit like Jane. If Noah Fant or CJ Hockenson are available in the first round, get one of them. Both have more upside than George Kittle in San Fran, who I also wanted previously.

James was probably the least fluid receiver / TE I have ever seen. It looked like he was trying to do the robot when he turned to run after catch.

He was mediocre at best, and easily replaceable. No one here would care that James left had he come from Nebraska or Illinois instead of Penn State.

This. When Vance took that ball to the house in Tampa last year after one of the greatest stiff arms ever, it reminded me of what tough TE play looked like. Vanimal deserves every target we can get him. James was really never that good at run blocking and whiffed on plenty in our WR screen game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Worst news all offseason.

Yeah, losing that #2TE really hurts.

Lynch is an odd character. His favorite players are Dirty Red, Outlaw, Chickillo and Switzer. All JAG's at best. I wonder why he likes them so much.

What do all those players have in common? Think about it...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 pm 

I will miss Jesse James going down faster and easier than a masseuse at Orchids of Asia Day Spa

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:55 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I will miss Jesse James going down faster and easier than a masseuse at Orchids of Asia Day Spa

Signstein! Wut up mein Himmlah?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm 

hopefully it a nice deal where it help us in getting another comp pick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
KCSteeler wrote:

I totally agree. He is easily replaceable in rounds 5-7.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 pm 

I like him being from Glassport & Penn State. Made some plays; didn't make others. On the whole, liked him being a Steeler.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 pm 

What is going on above in this thread ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm 

fortythree wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Worst news all offseason.

Yeah, losing that #2TE really hurts.

Hes just mad they lost a white guy.

Damn Inspector 43. You would have been a great detective! You missed your calling!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:33 pm 

Now who going to get the Health calls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Maybe they'll teach him how to not fall down before reaching the EZ in Detroit

Either way, whatever. No wonder they re-signed Grimble

Agree - can never get over that play - should have held onto the ball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm 

R S wrote:
Damn Inspector 43. You would have been a great detective! You missed your calling!

:lol:

I'm not claiming I solved a mystery, I'm just being blunt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:12 pm 

Was hoping he'd get re-signed. Good Luck to him. Always clutch with his combat catching. I would cringe as he was leveled and dude got up everytime. Will be Missed I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm 

hope he gets a big deal helps with our comp picks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Was hoping he'd get re-signed. Good Luck to him. Always clutch with his combat catching. I would cringe as he was leveled and dude got up everytime. Will be Missed I think.

Pretty solid #2 TE. I don't know Detroit's intentions but he doesn't have the skillset to be a solid #1. When Vance goes down I'd rather have JJ than Grimble. That's for sure. I suspect they pick up a vet after cuts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 am 

R S wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Pretty solid #2 TE. I don't know Detroit's intentions but he doesn't have the skillset to be a solid #1. When Vance goes down I'd rather have JJ than Grimble. That's for sure. I suspect they pick up a vet after cuts.

Unfortunately, the X-Man is still on the roster despite his season-changing fuck-up. I'm not really interested in seeing Grimble on the Steelers any longer. I hope they eventually cut his ass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
He'll be back like spaeth. :mrgreen:

This is kind of a surprise, but some have said he's going to be too expensive.

But I can see it since McDonald pretty much shoved him aside.

Sad, when you're team thinks a guy like this is too high end and you need to find a cheaper option :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we'll replace AB and Bell with worse options, and then need to find a TE cheaper and worse than James? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 am 

Nick79 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Sad, when you're team thinks a guy like this is too high end and you need to find a cheaper option :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we'll replace AB and Bell with worse options, and then need to find a TE cheaper and worse than James? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bell was hurt all the time when it mattered, was slowing down and James Conner made the Pro Bowl in his first season as a starter.

Let's see how the AB thing goes. He reportedly quit on his team 3 times last year. The dude became another T.O. A cancer.

Let's see who is added and how players like James Washington step up. We missed the playoffs with the great AB. He didn't lead this team anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 am 

KC wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Bell was hurt all the time when it mattered, was slowing down and James Conner made the Pro Bowl in his first season as a starter.

Let's see how the AB thing goes. He reportedly quit on his team 3 times last year. The dude became another T.O. A cancer.

Let's see who is added and how players like James Washington step up. We missed the playoffs with the great AB. He didn't lead this team anywhere.

Conner is decent, but also injury prone. I would like another somewhat decent RB in the mix, Samuels is OK, but inexperienced. Sorry, but I have doubts that JuJu will be near as good without AB on the other side of the field quitting on the team.

At the very least, since this team is SO STUPID they voluntarily took the huge cap hit and are historically, epically cheap in free agency as it is, at least go after some AAF stars or something like that. They are going to need more WR and RB depth that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am 

Do we still have Bucky Hodges? I thought he looked real good last preseason. Loved the play where he flew past the WR who caught the ball to make a block for him. He's got decent size, nice hands and can move pretty good. I thought he should have gotten a roster spot over Grimble or James last year. This is only if my memory serves me right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 am 

Hanging on to guys like Xavier Grimble, Justin Hunter, Daniel McCullers, etc., is a microcosm of what ails this organization.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
Now who going to get the Health calls

Matt Spaeth

Or they'll draft another really tall white TE to fill the quota

Remember Jay Riesmera?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Conner is decent, but also injury prone. I would like another somewhat decent RB in the mix, Samuels is OK, but inexperienced. Sorry, but I have doubts that JuJu will be near as good without AB on the other side of the field quitting on the team.

At the very least, since this team is SO STUPID they voluntarily took the huge cap hit and are historically, epically cheap in free agency as it is, at least go after some AAF stars or something like that. They are going to need more WR and RB depth that's for sure.

Conner was unbelievable before injury (calling him injury prone is a little early. Bell was THE most injury prone RB as a Steeler I've ever seen) and ended up in the Pro Bowl.

He was far better as a receiver and in blitz pick up than I ever believed he could be. To me, he's already an upgrade over Bell and that asshole's sloth-ish Bettis-like ability to get downfield.

Samuels has a bunch of upside and we'll add another back soon.

Now, time to re-tool the receiver group.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm 

KC wrote:

Conner was unbelievable before injury (calling him injury prone is a little early. Bell was THE most injury prone RB as a Steeler I've ever seen) and ended up in the Pro Bowl.

Well, I agree its early in Conner's career to label him as injury prone...but he's been in the league 2 years and missed time in both. Ended 2017 on IR (got hurt in Pats game I think?). And the obvious missed time last year.

I'd like them to add a 3rd guy to the group with a different skillset and use the committee approach and use guys as needed within specific, targeted game plans.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next