It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: SF Board Draft 2019: Discussion, Brickbats, and Harangue
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm 

FU 43....nice pick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
FU 43....nice pick

Haha, after I posted it B2B said you'd probably be upset.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
I'll go with natural hands, speed (though almost a dead heat, Campbell has done more with the ball in his hands) and short area quicks/burst, and say Campbell has more upside. Both are A+ character guys, and I think both would have been drafted higher if they had gotten another year of work in the Ryan Day air-raid offense. That whole WR group (Johnny D will get drafted, too, and could very well stick on a roster) is better than they are given credit for.

I think there are at least two more WRs that no one here is talking about who might have better NFL careers than any of the OSU guys, but we'll see. I hesitate to mention them with the draft ongoing.

Homeristically (chill, poetic license. I have a degree and it's not useful for much else) speaking, I probably overhype this crew because they all did a great job breaking out last season once their phase of the offense was featured, and did a pretty selfless job of at the very least 100% effort blocking for two or three years before when the offense was essentially three yards and a cloud of dust. Selfless, team-first, high character group, and I definitely have a bias.

Would not surprise me if there are other that turn out better, either. Deep pool this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
I'll go with natural hands, speed (though almost a dead heat, Campbell has done more with the ball in his hands) and short area quicks/burst, and say Campbell has more upside. Both are A+ character guys, and I think both would have been drafted higher if they had gotten another year of work in the Ryan Day air-raid offense. That whole WR group (Johnny D will get drafted, too, and could very well stick on a roster) is better than they are given credit for.

I think there are at least two more WRs that no one here is talking about who might have better NFL careers than any of the OSU guys, but we'll see. I hesitate to mention them with the draft ongoing.

Homeristically (chill, poetic license. I have a degree and it's not useful for much else) speaking, I probably overhype this crew because they all did a great job breaking out last season once their phase of the offense was featured, and did a pretty selfless job of at the very least 100% effort blocking for two or three years before when the offense was essentially three yards and a cloud of dust. Selfless, team-first, high character group, and I definitely have a bias.

Would not surprise me if there are other that turn out better, either. Deep pool this year.

That's fair. I wouldn't complain too hard about either guy this year, even if there are others who stood out more to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm 

If there's one position where I think the Steelers can successfully take a deep pick and make it work out, it's WR. It's going to mostly rest on internal evals of James Washington how long they go before pulling the trigger, from where I sit. If they think they've got something with Juju, Moncrief holding a place at 2 and providing deep speed, Washington as a 3 with growth potential and Eli Rogers as Eli Rogers at 4, I could see them waiting a while.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm 

Interesting pick B2b..id say player B is crosby...man he looks skinny...in those highlights doesnt seem to be all that explosive either

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Interesting pick B2b..id say player B is crosby...man he looks skinny...in those highlights doesnt seem to be all that explosive either

Really tall/long... and most of his weight is in his butt. I think he can put on 10 good pounds but he's already the size of and same explosion as TJ. Don't forget tall guys look slower. I like that he gets low. Definitely a project but he's a fit for LOLB in this defense, of which there are not too many in any draft. He said he played around 251 last two years, was 255 at combine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Really tall/long... and most of his weight is in his butt. I think he can put on 10 good pounds but he's already the size of and same explosion as TJ. Don't forget tall guys look slower. I like that he gets low. Definitely a project but he's a fit for LOLB in this defense, of which there are not too many in any draft. He said he played around 251 last two years, was 255 at combine.

hey when it comes to pass rushers, you seem to hit on a good chunk of them so ill spare my tv on this pick... :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm 

Dear Houston:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:52 pm 

:lol:

Post subject: Re: SF Board Draft 2019: Picks Only: 3.88 DET - ohmegosh -
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm 

Warring's a perfect #2 for Macdonald. Run, run , run offense, so he got a ton of block reps-- the thing he was least familiar with coming in. Only one year of HS football after lettering in basketball and water polo and others. Remarkably good for so little play time. Great ball skills, promising future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm 

I mean, if you're going to eat some dicks, you might as well get the buffet and stay til closing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 pm 

TB wrote:
I mean, if you're going to eat some dicks, you might as well get the buffet and stay til closing.

Sounds like something a big 'ol wet, sloppy, fat pussy would do...

Post subject: Re: SF Board Draft 2019: Picks Only: 3.88 DET - ohmegosh -
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Warring's a perfect #2 for Macdonald. Run, run , run offense, so he got a ton of block reps-- the thing he was least familiar with coming in. Only one year of HS football after lettering in basketball and water polo and others. Remarkably good for so little play time. Great ball skills, promising future.

I was surprised by how polished and quick in and out of his cuts he is. Probably snagged him early but oh well, like the player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm 

Charles having a fantastic draft for my Pacific Beach Chargers. Hitting all their needs with Dillard, Deebo, and now Pratt. Good stuff.

'Ol School picked one of my favorites as it relates to my Browns. Andy Isabella went to Mayfield HS in Mayfield Ohio and if he made it to round 4 was going to be catching balls from Baker Mayfield.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm 

Quote:
3 86 HOU - TB - Kahale Warring and a Bag O Ds, TE, San Diego State

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 pm 

Ready for my new bag dicks to be thrown my way :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm 

I threw your bag of dicks to 15 yards behind the defense Emmanuel Hall and he dropped it.

You’ll have to go to the buffet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:07 am 

DP39 wrote:
TB wrote:

Sounds like something a big 'ol wet, sloppy, fat pussy would do...

#awkwardboner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am 

Ice, Miles Sanders has already been chosen. Kindly select a different player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 am 

I texted him.

We have to have at least one of these each draft.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
Charles having a fantastic draft for my Pacific Beach Chargers. Hitting all their needs with Dillard, Deebo, and now Pratt. Good stuff.

'Ol School picked one of my favorites as it relates to my Browns. Andy Isabella went to Mayfield HS in Mayfield Ohio and if he made it to round 4 was going to be catching balls from Baker Mayfield.

Thanks Drama. I don’t love the Isaiah Buggs selection last night, but in my defense I was half asleep when I made the pick. Kind of like Tomlin and Colbert.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:

Sorry, Drama. For many reasons, he was too perfect to pass up for the Pats.

I love the kid, and honestly think that while he won’t put up the best numbers of the WRs in this draft class, he’ll have the longest career.

For several years he’ll have the speed to take the top off a defense, do k/p return duties, and be a viable situational ball carrier. For many more years after that he can be purely a short route slot WR, given the rules remaining as they are.

Every team needs a guy like this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I threw your bag of dicks to 15 yards behind the defense Emmanuel Hall and he dropped it.

You’ll have to go to the buffet.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1106969710049067008

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm 

Holding... on the offense... 10 yard penalty

But, c'mon... is everyone going to show me every bad rep Vosean had? I'm fine with it as long as you tag me with every bad rep Bush has, too.

Besides, that's more about a great rep for McCoy... he's a beast. How many flow LBs are going to beat that block?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next