It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: AB trade close to completion...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:45 pm 

Where the hell is Luca Brasi when you need him?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:14 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Time to start playing hard ball with this assclown.

This is never going to work. That idea royally fucks the 2019 season, just to try to teach AB a lesson that I can promise you right now, he won't learn. Dumb dumb dumb.

Assuming he doesn't hold out, the second he steps foot into the facility I trade him for the last best offer.

But he can still decide not to show up for his new team. He wants a new gauranteed contract and if he doesn't get 25 mill/year and fully gauranteed, he will decide not to go. So, in reality you basically gotta give him away for virtually nothing to a team that has lots of cash. That way, it's not a big deal if he doesn't show. A team under that circumstance won't give more than a possible 5th rounder! I guess the best thing is to just release him, that will be that and he wins with a big fuck you!!! That would go over quite well with Steeler nation I bet.

My idea would be to push him till he breaks and quits! There's lots you can do to push his buttons but I agree, it would mess your team up till he does. Steelers are proverbially over a barrel as they are screwed either way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:25 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

This is never going to work. That idea royally fucks the 2019 season, just to try to teach AB a lesson that I can promise you right now, he won't learn. Dumb dumb dumb.

Assuming he doesn't hold out, the second he steps foot into the facility I trade him for the last best offer.

It doesn’t fuck the 2019 season...essentially it is $2 M more, capwise, to keep AB than to trade him.

That’s not a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:46 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
It doesn’t fuck the 2019 season...essentially it is $2 M more, capwise, to keep AB than to trade him.

That’s not a lot.

Horribly wrong - it's $15M in salary and bonuses that could be spent on another player. That a very real cost. The accounting for dead money that's already been spent, not so much.

And I wasn't talking about the money, I'm saying keeping AB would fuck the 2019 season - because we are only seeing the beginning of the shitstorm if they try to keep him. He QUIT on the team!!! A bunch of guys don't even appear to want him back in the locker room..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:04 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Here’s how the Steelers regain the leverage...
As of this minute all trade talks are over. Antonio Brown will remain property of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He plays here or not at all. Choose not to play, he will not be paid and the Steelers will insist that any bonus money be repaid.
AB insists he won’t play without guaranteed money...how about you don’t play it’s guaranteed you get no money.

I totally agree with Jobus here the steelers Need to play hardball and say you either play here or not !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:08 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
But he can still decide not to show up for his new team. He wants a new gauranteed contract and if he doesn't get 25 mill/year and fully gauranteed, he will decide not to go. So, in reality you basically gotta give him away for virtually nothing to a team that has lots of cash.

I think the only way you can really stick it to him is sending him to a team that's not going to re-do his deal and just lets him sit/retire if that's how he plays it.

That's the nuclear option, because why would anyone trade anything in that scenario? But rather than give him away, if the offers suck then I collude with another GM to screw him. Anyone worried about precedent or the inmates running the asylum, players would look at AB and see he didn't win or get his way.

He goes to BUF, for instance, then he's much more likely to sit without a new deal (vs, say, if Carr was his QB in warm Vegas/LA). And the unspoken deal is, for the good of the league, AB can sit as long as he wants.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
...and say you either play here or not !

They're not going to say that because they don't want him playing here. He quit on the team. There is no scenario where AB is wearing a PIT uniform next year.

LOL, an employee comes and shits on your desk....and some of you are like "I'm going to punish you by making you go back to work" :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:24 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
...and say you either play here or not !

They're not going to say that because they don't want him playing here.

He quit on the team. There is no scenario where AB is wearing a PIT uniform next year.

He starts missing paychecks, watch how fast he accepts that trade to Buffalo...or wherever. It’s real easy for him to stand his ground right now because he’s not losing money. That becomes an issue in September.
The Steelers own his ass for 3 more years. That’s a long time to stand on the unemployment line.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:28 pm 

That what i can't understand what people don't understand what people don't understand about the steelers having him locked for 3 years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:34 pm 

https://es.pn/2TJaKXk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:52 pm 

Well, there are things they can do if he does come back and some of them, the other players may enjoy watching. Make AB practice on every special team unit. Tell him he might lineup as a rb, so put him in on the backs on backers drill and have lots of them. Practice him hard, then deactivate him on game day. Let the players handle him in the locker room. No coaches aloud. He acts up, they pound his ass, unfortunately for him, the team sticks together and denies everything and no coaches anywhere to see it. You would be surprised at how well that works. Let Pouncey slam his ass a few times and he will mind his tongue. Just some thoughts is all. AB has a very fragile ego so I'm sure there are a lot of psychological things the Steelers could do to make him blow his top so he either quits or you can suspend him without pay.nif he thinks everyone else is favored, then everyone can arrive 5 minutes late, but him, whereby you fine him for being late. You fine him for every little thing there is while you let everyone else get away with it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:54 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
https://es.pn/2TJaKXk

It's really not that difficult of a strategy to pull off. I have no idea why the media is acting so confused.

Demand trade ---> burn bridges with your current team ---> sabotage trades to places you don't want to go by threatening not to report (thus making the team unlikely to trade you).

It's not complicated to pull off if you're talented, but the media is "OMG why are the Steelers letting him dictate terms?" Well, what do you want them to do? Their only leverage is to keep him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
He starts missing paychecks, watch how fast he accepts that trade to Buffalo...or wherever. It’s real easy for him to stand his ground right now because he’s not losing money. That becomes an issue in September.
The Steelers own his ass for 3 more years. That’s a long time to stand on the unemployment line.

Who says he's going to miss paychecks? The issue is PIT wants him gone. He can cause LOTS of problems that PIT can't fine or suspend him for. Despite what some players may think, the NFL is not slavery - PIT doesn't "own" Brown nor do they have much leverage to force him to be a good teammate. They're not going to pay a guy to be a huge distraction and possibly disappear when it matters.

I don't know how it could be any clearer - he QUIT on the team. You can't rely on or count on the guy. He has to go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 pm 

No dispute on AB quit the team and he burned a ton of Bridges ,but to let him dictate to wear he want to go is absurd.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm 

Now that he has come out and stated that he wants to be the highest paid WR, well, that is all the proof I need.

It has been all about the money. I don't really believe there is any animosity between Brown and Ben, or JuJu, or Tomlin, or Rooney, it is just business!!!

This really makes what Brown is doing so much worse. He is willing to throw away friendships, relationships, the goodwill and love of his fans, throw all of that away for the money.

I don't see how any team is going to make him the highest paid WR at age 31 unless it is just a one or two year deal.

In the very beginning of this I said it was for the money, that Brown would expect his new team to tear up his contract and make him the highest paid WR, give him $100 million and it looks like I am right. I would let him rot on the bench and implode for 3 years.

Who knows? Maybe AB has been burning through his money and is in dire straits. That would be nice. Imagine not being able to continue your lifestyle and then sitting on the bench for 3 years and then at age 34 trying to get a large deal or any deal beyond the league minimum. Then AB ends up as one of those losers on the reality shows, doing Survivor or Big Brother.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
No dispute on AB quit the team and he burned a ton of Bridges ,but to let him dictate to wear he want to go is absurd.

If he tells a team he won't report, they won't trade for him. So he literally gets to dictate where he goes by making the team that would have traded him not trade for him. How do you get around that?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Now that he has come out and stated that he wants to be the highest paid WR, well, that is all the proof I need.

It has been all about the money. I don't really believe there is any animosity between Brown and Ben, or JuJu, or Tomlin, or Rooney, it is just business!!!

This really makes what Brown is doing so much worse. He is willing to throw away friendships, relationships, the goodwill and love of his fans, throw all of that away for the money.

I don't see how any team is going to make him the highest paid WR at age 31 unless it is just a one or two year deal.

In the very beginning of this I said it was for the money, that Brown would expect his new team to tear up his contract and make him the highest paid WR, give him $100 million and it looks like I am right. I would let him rot on the bench and implode for 3 years.

Who knows? Maybe AB has been burning through his money and is in dire straits. That would be nice. Imagine not being able to continue your lifestyle and then sitting on the bench for 3 years and then at age 34 trying to get a large deal or any deal beyond the league minimum. Then AB ends up as one of those losers on the reality shows, doing Survivor or Big Brother.

He may very well be broke.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm 

like i said from the very beginning... $$$$$

Thats all this ever was about. everything else is just white noise made up BS by AB. The guys a c*nt.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:23 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
If he tells a team he won't report, they won't trade for him. So he literally gets to dictate where he goes by making the team that would have traded him not trade for him. How do you get around that?

He is still under contract, so eventually he's going to report so he can start getting paid. How big of a malcontent he'll be, and if teams really even want to deal with it who knows.

Unless he and the new team can agree to a contract beforehand, then any deal will probably happen some time after the draft because it's going to have to be conditional pick(s). I have no idea, but I wonder if you can really screw him over with poison pills. After the draft the strategy changes and the conversation becomes future picks, you can start putting all kinds of conditions in. Cut or traded is an automatic R1. Re-do his deal, and it's two R1's :lol:

I guess I'm sort of proposing what others are to screw him, except I'm making him someone else's problem. And if he does play 32 great games with them over the next 2 years, PIT would get like an R2 in 2020 and R1 in 2021. If he doesn't report, then all that really happens is BUF loses some cap space this year that gets clawed back each week (and they potentially get to go after $10M in unrated bonus for their troubles). Eventually he grasps the reality that he either finishes his contract with BUF, or retires.

Probably not possible to do poison pills like that in a trade, but I sure hope so!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

He is still under contract, so eventually he's going to report so he can start getting paid. How big of a malcontent he'll be, and if teams really even want to deal with it who knows.

Unless he and the new team can agree to a contract beforehand, then any deal will probably happen some time after the draft because it's going to have to be conditional pick(s). I have no idea, but I wonder if you can really screw him over with poison pills. After the draft the strategy changes and the conversation becomes future picks, you can start putting all kinds of conditions in. Cut or traded is an automatic R1. Re-do his deal, and it's two R1's :lol:

I guess I'm sort of proposing what others are to screw him, except I'm making him someone else's problem. And if he does play 32 great games with them over the next 2 years, PIT would get like an R2 in 2020 and R1 in 2021. If he doesn't report, then all that really happens is BUF loses some cap space this year that gets clawed back each week (and they potentially get to go after $10M in unrated bonus for their troubles). Eventually he grasps the reality that he either finishes his contract with BUF, or retires.

Probably not possible to do poison pills like that in a trade, but I sure hope so!

This still doesn't make sense to me.

It takes two to tango.

If AB threatens to be a malcontent on a specific team, a team won't trade for him, so we can't make him someone else's problem. They won't take him from us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
If AB threatens to be a malcontent on a specific team, a team won't trade for him, so we can't make him someone else's problem. They won't take him from us.

"IF" being the operative word. That's why I'm saying this may end-up having to be future conditional picks to get something approaching fair value.

What's causing teams to steer clear isn't that AB is threatening to be a malcontent, it's that his contract demands might be unreasonable or that he might sit out. But if it's a conditional 2020 pick, then AB can sit out until he's old and gray.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

by keeping him on the team and sticking to his contract.

it's simple.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

"IF" being the operative word. That's why I'm saying this may end-up having to be future conditional picks to get something approaching fair value.

What's causing teams to steer clear isn't that AB is threatening to be a malcontent, it's that his contract demands might be unreasonable or that he might sit out. But if it's a conditional 2020 pick, then AB can sit out until he's old and gray.

Very true. Pens should look to trade AB for 2020 picks, not 2019 picks. That way, teams aren't on the hook for a guy who wont commit. And you're right, they would have to put poison pills in the contract so the team can't turn around and trade his rights, otherwise the Steelers would get 2 #1s. That could potentially get someone to take a flyer on his ass!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:47 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

This still doesn't make sense to me.

It takes two to tango.

correct - we are stuck with him.

AB is trying to pull a LG Blunt or a Deebo Harrison -- acting like a miserable turd in order to make the team cut him loose (free agency).

Hopefully, the Steelers don't grant his wish.

Make him comply with the contract.

AB has A LOT of kids and probably a lot of child support payments - he really can't afford to sit out for a year like LBell did. The guy may actually be broke.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Jason La Canfora

Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
Following Following @JasonLaCanfora
More
Word on these NFL streets is that Antonio Brown wants $18M-$20M per year on a new deal. Yikes. Good luck with that. What a mess

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 86  Next