It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: AB trade close to completion...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am 

They're going to draft defensive playmakers with their first three picks regardless.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 am 

I don’t know why we’re entertaining it, but if we had the 4th overall pick we damn well better trade out and aquire a future first and future assets. Our QB is 37 years old. You better develop ammo to get the next guy, because you’re not winning shit when it matters without great QB league in this league. It’s questionable why they haven’t already started tha process.

If we ended up with another first rounder I’d gladly trade it for a second round pick and a 2021 first. Get creative. Be a forward-thinking organization. Foreign concepts to our fat and happy FO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm 

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/stat ... 4465665024

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:40 pm 

Thought you would enjoy this

Quote:
I’m keep imagining this AB news (social media) cycle.

- Steelers and team discuss quality offer, 1st round/high second

- AB and his agents get a call from the team to discuss financials

- AB on social media “big news coming!”

- AB and agents want to be paid $30M per fully guaranteed (exaggerating, but not by much)

- Team calls Steelers back now offering a 7th

- Deal dies...

Post subject: Re: Call Your Shot: Predict AB Outcome
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:44 pm 

Brown to the packers or the jets
For a second round pick
Completed Monday
It has to be someone with a franchise QB young or old
No one else is going to give out the contract needed so that he isn’t an asshole

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 pm 

Brown scares away all teams and is still a Steeler come August.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:16 pm 

I think it comes down to who ever wants to part with their extra 1st rounder. Raiders or Packers? If neither are, then Brown stays in Pittsburgh and is either later traded or forced to eat crow and humble pie throughout the season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm 

Still, just boggles my mind how he has so much say in all this, but... if the Steelers don't have the balls to say, "Fuck you - play or retire", I wouldn't expect a team to give a #pick only to be fucked over! I honestly hope at this time, that nobody gives him the offer he wants and he just retires!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:40 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Still, just boggles my mind how he has so much say in all this, but... if the Steelers don't have the balls to say, "Fuck you - play or retire", I wouldn't expect a team to give a #pick only to be fucked over! I honestly hope at this time, that nobody gives him the offer he wants and he just retires!

The smaller, dumber version of Terrell Owens. I didn't know there could ever be a 'dumber' (TO) but I stand corrected. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:45 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

The smaller, dumber version of Terrell Owens. I didn't know there could ever be a 'dumber' (TO) but I stand corrected. :roll:

He’s the Kanye of the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:06 pm 

I can see him getting what he wants, though because I can’t imagine the Steelers being ballsy enough to hold on to him and not play him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:07 pm 

It is kind of funny watching people realize that PIT doesn't actually have all the leverage here....

I kind of hope AB stays - Mike Tomlin's Steelers are very frustrating and disappointing, but the circus is entertaining!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:35 pm 

Quote:
Jason La Canfora

Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
6m6 minutes ago
More
Things fairly quiet on the AB front. The two teams I continue to hear most closely linked to him are the Raiders and Eagles. Several teams who have been in the mix believe a trade with Raiders would already be done if not for contractual hold-ups between the WR and the team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:45 pm 

So does anybody believe that the fact that the steelers abstained from the CBA vote years ago hasn't permeated the steelers organization?

I mean, two players are outwardly contesting contracts and agreements in order to advance their cause. Meaning. #ME FIRST or #PLAYERS FIRST.

IOW, give players a larger share of the $8-$10B industry. Which in turn would mean agents would get a bigger slice of the pie.

"Next Question?!?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:46 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
It is kind of funny watching people realize that PIT doesn't actually have all the leverage here....

I kind of hope AB stays - Mike Tomlin's Steelers are very frustrating and disappointing, but the circus is entertaining!

I know that I never thought he would have any leverage here, but his leverage is a product of the Steelers FO and owner. I never thought Art2 would be such a pussy and bend over the way he has. That is where I think most of us went wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:57 pm 

Here’s how the Steelers regain the leverage...
As of this minute all trade talks are over. Antonio Brown will remain property of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He plays here or not at all. Choose not to play, he will not be paid and the Steelers will insist that any bonus money be repaid.
AB insists he won’t play without guaranteed money...how about you don’t play it’s guaranteed you get no money.
Time to start playing hard ball with this assclown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:03 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
I never thought Art2 would be such a pussy and bend over the way he has. That is where I think most of us went wrong.

I don't know what people think can be done differently, aside from paying him $15M to stay home. I don't get advocating flushing money down the toilet like that on a team with supposed championship aspirations....because there's this thing called a salary cap.

AB can cause all kinds of chaos on twitter and in interviews, among other things that fall short of being a fine-able/suspendable offense. So people should really drop this fantasy that PIT can force him to behave a certain way. He's not going to just shut-up and play, not in the real world.

He's done in PIT. D-O-N-E. People want to teach him a lesson, but he has a contract (and a union)....nothing to do with Deuce being a pussy or bending over. He's off the team, this is only about what the best deal they can get is. I think people are in denial, and still subconciously hoping he's balling out catching passes from Ben next year BUT THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 pm 

Unfortunately I don’t think him playing for the Steelers is an option. Mostly because he won’t
He will be injured or sit out. I am convinced what bell did is a new tool for players in dealing with these different negotiations and the lack of guaranteed contracts.

Is the real issue in contracts for older guys age or wear and tear. Modern fitness is extending careers. Of course the NFL counter move is Simply letting younger drafted guys start sooner. And IMo the question is can RBs, DBs, DL and LB and WRs perform at older ages. We have seen that OL and WB and TE can

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Time to start playing hard ball with this assclown.

This is never going to work. That idea royally fucks the 2019 season, just to try to teach AB a lesson that I can promise you right now, he won't learn. Dumb dumb dumb.

Assuming he doesn't hold out, the second he steps foot into the facility I trade him for the last best offer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

I know that I never thought he would have any leverage here, but his leverage is a product of the Steelers FO and owner. I never thought Art2 would be such a pussy and bend over the way he has. That is where I think most of us went wrong.

Mike Tomlin still coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers is all you need to know about Art 2 being a pussy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:14 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
So does anybody believe that the fact that the steelers abstained from the CBA vote years ago hasn't permeated the steelers organization?

I mean, two players are outwardly contesting contracts and agreements in order to advance their cause. Meaning. #ME FIRST or #PLAYERS FIRST.

IOW, give players a larger share of the $8-$10B industry. Which in turn would mean agents would get a bigger slice of the pie.

"Next Question?!?"

That vote had everything to do with the Commissioner having total authority re: discipline, followed the bogus James Harrison suspension. Rest of the league voted for the money; Steelers vote was to limit the fuckface Roger Goodell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm 

Gonzo wrote:
I am convinced what bell did is a new tool for players in dealing with these different negotiations and the lack of guaranteed contracts.

I think it will continue to be very rare. Most guys don't have such an over-inflated ego and sense of self-worth, and most aren't going to leave $15M on the table.

Will there be a push for guaranteed contracts? Sure, but Bell and AB are actually exhibit A against such contracts. If you underperform, you're contract is guaranteed but if you outperform then you get to sit out for more money? Never going to fly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:28 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Mike Tomlin still coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers is all you need to know about Art 2 being a pussy.

Bingo!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:31 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

^^^^BOOM

1000% TRUTH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 86  Next