It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oline assistant hired
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 am 

Quote:
@steelers
We have hired Adrian Klemm as assistant offensive line coach. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/109 ... 1902050129

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1902050129
This would be a good thing. Shared responsibilities within the staff can increase their teaching capacity improving players development. So that said, when are they going to hire a darn QB coach? Butler having two roles as a coach I think is a mistake but what do I know. I'd at least consider hiring an assistant for Butler regarding coaching the LB'ers. JMO

Post subject: Re: Oline assistant hired
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 am 

Butler now has one role. He is Tomlins assistant to the assistant defense coordinator/ linebackers coach. Tomlin is d coordinator correct. I have no idea what this fucking hillbilly has been doing the last 3 years besides cashing checks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:35 am 

“Yo...Adrian! “- Rocky Balboa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@steelers
We have hired Adrian Klemm as assistant offensive line coach. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/109 ... 1902050129

This would be a good thing. Shared responsibilities within the staff can increase their teaching capacity improving players development. So that said, when are they going to hire a darn QB coach? Butler having two roles as a coach I think is a mistake but what do I know. I'd at least consider hiring an assistant for Butler regarding coaching the LB'ers. JMO

We have an assistant OL coach, which is great.

But do not have a QB coach. Crazy, considering our #2 and #3 QB's have a combined 12 NFL snaps.

How much time can Fichner devote to these two young guys and...................... develop, run coordinate, perfect, innovate, incorporate, etc, and NFL offense.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:12 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@steelers

We have an assistant OL coach, which is great.

But do not have a QB coach. Crazy, considering our #2 and #3 QB's have a combined 12 NFL snaps.

How much time can Fichner devote to these two young guys and...................... develop, run coordinate, perfect, innovate, incorporate, etc, and NFL offense.

And, really, we have to hope that Butler actually has been demoted. Bc if he hasn't actually been fully demoted, we have no dedicated OLB coach either.

And if he has been fully demoted, we have an ass-hat doing global HC work AND doing all the DC work, i.e., no dedicated full-time HC or DC!

Thanks for the horns of a dilemma, Tomlin!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 pm 

Hawaii kid I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm 

Interesting. He's know more for recruiting than his coaching prowess. Maybe that's why he's an assistant OL coach.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm 

I am stunned still how this team has their OC/DC doing dual roles. I know tomlin running the defense so have to have Butler doing something. But we need to really have a coach to handle our two young qb's .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 pm 

For years we had a strong DC in LeBeau, and people wondered what Tomlin even did for this team. Now, Tomlin is the defacto DC, and people are saying it's too much to have to be the DC and do HC duties. I guess I'm glad people recognize there are HC duties to be done even if the HC isn't also the OC or DC.

It doesn't seem that unusual to me that an offensive-minded HC also be the defacto OC or a defensive minded HC also be the defacto DC. At least we don't have to wonder what Tomlin is doing anymore. And if the defense continues to suck, it's all on him.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 pm 

tomlin has enough issues with the clock management and replays does he need more on his plate? but i do agree it on him if the defense does not produce.