It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tony Tap Out with more drama
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
I agree 100% with Lit.

I’m almost at the point where I don’t give a shit about players like AB. Why? Because as someone pointed out a few weeks ago (maybe SteelDrama?); name a SB winner that won it all with a diva like AB. You can’t.

I’m at the point where we don’t need to make it a mystery; we need to model what the pats do. Focus on coaching and scheme with smart, dedicated football players and rid the team of any dumbfuck that doesn’t want to buy in on this approach.

Notice I said focus on scheme and coaching; which is why I want Tomlin canned yesterday.

Now you're saying that Santonio Holmes was NOT a diva??

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm 

Santonio Holmes didn't quit on his team with the playoffs on the line.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:35 pm 

TB wrote:
Santonio Holmes didn't quit on his team with the playoffs on the line.

That wasn't the statement that was being made, TB. Statement was that no team has won a Super Bowl with a diva? Seems as though the consensus on here through the years, even from me, who loved Holmes, is that he was most certainly a diva. Yes?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm 

The Cowboys won a SB with Charles Haley’s crazy ass, anything is possible.

Holmes was a diva. AB is an out of this world megalomaniac level diva. Not even comparable really.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 pm 

TB wrote:
The Cowboys won a SB with Charles Haley’s crazy ass, anything is possible.

Holmes was a diva. AB is an out of this world megalomaniac level diva. Not even comparable really.

Yeah, there are divas, Santonio, Hines...then there are DIVAS, AB, TO, Ocho...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:43 pm 

But yeah, the statement that no team won a SB with a diva is categorically wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:20 pm 

I would say Holmes wasn't a diva [yet] when we won that SB.

Hines became a bit of a diva [lowercase] toward the end of his career, as well.

But AB is on another planet level DIVA. Extreme narcissistic personality disorder.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:16 am 

Kodiak wrote:

But AB is on another planet level DIVA. Extreme narcissistic personality disorder.

This is correct.

AB looks like he gave a mustache ride to a stripper with a toxic pussy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

This is correct.

From the MAYO Clinic....
"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

This is correct.

From the MAYO Clinic....
"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them."

Sounds like a lot of posters around here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am 

TB wrote:
But yeah, the statement that no team won a SB with a diva is categorically wrong.

It's a matter of degrees though, as others have pointed out.

Big difference between a guy unleashed to do what he really wants to do (rush the passer) vs a wr who is not on board with spreading the football around more than he is used to.

As far as I know Charles Haley didn't have a problem with how he was used in the Cowboys defensive scheme (I'm guessing here).

14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am 

What is so maddening about AB is that he has no good reason NOT to be on board with getting the ball less.

Everyone already knows what he is. No one doubts what he is. He is already headed to the hall of fame.

For fuck's sake AB: what you need is not more stats. What you need is a ring.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am 

Exactly Lit, on the ring.

AB needs a ps Lombardi winning run where he is a badass, something he has never done. It matters.

Please spare me the overrated between the 20s rs domination. Yes, it's great for what it is, but there is a higher level in this league and AB has never been there.

14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Few short weeks ago, AB was a beast on the field, RS. I happen to think this issue can be resolved.

Swiss, I don't know if you're optimism should be praised or if you're just delusional. :lol:

Well....not looking at all for praise, RS, and I'm delusional about more shit than this. Trust me on that. Thing is, from what we've heard/read, AB's teammates want him back. If that's true....this is def fixable.

If AB's teammates want him back, who care what everyone else thinks. Personally, I believe that much (not all) the turmoil he raised was to bring the 'we can't win with Tomlin' reality to the forefront. Our window with Ben in control is short, does anyone truly believe that we can go all the way without AB on the receiving end? The Rams would have won the SB with AB as their wr.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 am 

I'll add...

Show me numbers that contributed to the #1 scoring offense in the league.

Show me ps numbers that contributed to capturing a Lombardi.

Show me where AB has ever done what Fitzgerald did for the Cards in their 2008 ps run.

AB's rs numbers to a degree are empty numbers. They were inflated due to flaws in the offense and maybe flaws in coaching, volume numbers. All that domination between the 20s didn't translate equally to drives that ended up in the EZ.

Jerry Rice shits on AB. They do not belong in the same sentence.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm 

Havoc wrote:

I fairness to AB, who does regarding post-season play? Really, no one. Except maybe Edelman. :shock:

I find it hard to fault AB for lack of post season appearances. And when the Steelers have been in the play offs, AB has done his part.

He was a MONSTER in that Jax loss.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:47 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I fairness to AB, who does regarding post-season play? Really, no one. Except maybe Edelman. :shock:

I find it hard to fault AB for lack of post season appearances. And when the Steelers have been in the play offs, AB has done his part.

He was a MONSTER in that Jax loss.

Rice shits on him in the RS too.

Rice's rs numbers contributed to the #1 scoring offense in the league in six different seasons.

Rice rs numbers that contributed to the #1 scoring offense in the league in two of those six seasons...

22 TDs 16.6 Y/R (1987)
17 TDs 18.1 Y/R (1989)

Also, Rice career rs peak in Y/R is 20.4
Rice was 6'2" It matters. He's not the only wr I would choose over AB.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 pm 

Fair enough, but ABs talent is still first ballot worthy.

And notice you did not disagree that it is not ABs fault he has not had more chances to shine in the post season and that when he has been there, he's done pretty damn well.

Rice being the best WR of all friggin' time is a not a reason to down-play AB's skills or value.

Ben is not the best QB of all time nor are his post season numbers the best of all time, but I do not see you making posts saying so and so shits all over Ben R. If we're doing GOAT PS rankings, I bet Ben does not even crack top 10. Hell, I suspect Bradshaw in PS DOES shit all over Ben R. And yet I do not see you posting that so and so shits all over Ben R.

The reason, I suspect, is that currently Ben R. seems not to have lost his mind. Unlike AB. Who has decided to dye his mustache, be/act high on camera, shove women, threaten people physically, quit on the team, throw things off balconies, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 pm 

blu wrote:
If AB's teammates want him back, who care what everyone else thinks. Personally, I believe that much (not all) the turmoil he raised was to bring the 'we can't win with Tomlin' reality to the forefront. Our window with Ben in control is short, does anyone truly believe that we can go all the way without AB on the receiving end? The Rams would have won the SB with AB as their wr.

As far as the bolded above Goff had more than a few chances to make plays to win the game. He missed one of the easiest TD's in NFL history that would have changed the way the game was played. I am not so sure AB on the Rams equates to a win with the way Goff was playing. Cooks got open more than once for what could have been big plays and scores.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm 

blu wrote:

Yeah since AB's brought so many Lombardis to Pittsburgh, right? And how about that great track record vs. New England, too! :roll:

#FreeSTD

I love white_steel_wolfe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:02 pm 

Holmes had his best moment in the biggest game where AB quit on the team when a win was needed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 pm 

Obviously wrote:
blu wrote:

Yeah since AB's brought so many Lombardis to Pittsburgh, right? And how about that great track record vs. New England, too! :roll:

Not sure how that gets blamed on AB, though.

AB gets triple teamed by NE and we still lose. That's coaching as far as I am concerned!

The other thing that's wonderful about AB is that he tends to catch passes even when he is being interfered with. That's a pretty big asset.

Who was the Rams receiver that got interfered with (non-call), but got both hands on the ball and still dropped it for a TD? AB catches that shit. You know he does.

Well, he does when he has not decided to walk out on the team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

This is my problem. He left everyone hanging out to dry. I would not be able to trust him as a teammate to do things that are team oriented. He clearly has shown he does not give one iota of a crap about the team and his teammates. It is all AB about AB and dealing with AB from AB. He would have been just as happy playing in AZ or Jax or Mia or Buffalo just as long as his numbers look good. I know he is talented but you have to be able to trust the guy next to you to do what is needed. What is the NE motto or verbiage that gets thrown around all the time "Do Your Job"? Well AB decided to not even show up for his job. I would have taken that pay check out of his hands as well as suspend his ass for the game but since Tomlin claimed he was hurt they had to stick to that story and list him as an injury scratch. In fact if I were Tomlin I would have told him to not even show up to the stadium vs Cinci.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm 

A real HC would have suspended him for conduct detrimental and docked him his paycheck for the missed game.

Instead, Tomlin chose to foster an environment where AB could act out like a petulant child, show up till halftime, then leave with game check in hand.

And Art is ok signing that check obviously. For what, the pleasure of seeing the cocksucker on the sideline for 30 minutes in his fur coat?

What a disgrace and joke of a team we have at present.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:16 pm 

stillthere wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

This is my problem. He left everyone hanging out to dry. I would not be able to trust him as a teammate to do things that are team oriented. He clearly has shown he does not give one iota of a crap about the team and his teammates. It is all AB about AB and dealing with AB from AB. He would have been just as happy playing in AZ or Jax or Mia or Buffalo just as long as his numbers look good. I know he is talented but you have to be able to trust the guy next to you to do what is needed. What is the NE motto or verbiage that gets thrown around all the time "Do Your Job"? Well AB decided to not even show up for his job. I would have taken that pay check out of his hands as well as suspend his ass for the game but since Tomlin claimed he was hurt they had to stick to that story and list him as an injury scratch. In fact if I were Tomlin I would have told him to not even show up to the stadium vs Cinci.

AB's a piece of shit.

That was confirmed this season.

Even more worrisome, to me at least, than his bailing on his team before the Cincy game, was how Ben forced throws to AB all season long.

Many ended up as INT's. THAT is far more worrisome because Ben had zero reason to force those throws to a blanketed AB unless.......AB was SUCH A FUCKING COCKSUCKING ASSHOLE that Ben literally felt he had to get AB a certain number of targets each week.

Just to keep him from being an impossible distraction or even worse....to keep him from quitting on his team even earlier than AB did.

That's even more concerning to me. How long this shit with AB was actually going on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next