It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Leveon Bell talk.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-steelers-considering-using-transition-203142208.html

Apparently, this reporter has incite that the Steeler's FO is considering using the Transition tag on Bell. they should have done this two years ago, but now, the Steelers just need to move on. I don't want that dumbass anywhere near this team - him or AB. I hope both find their next team NFL purgatory!

Post subject: Re: More Leveon Bell talk.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-steelers-considering-using-transition-203142208.html

Apparently, this reporter has incite that the Steeler's FO is considering using the Transition tag on Bell. they should have done this two years ago, but now, the Steelers just need to move on. I don't want that dumbass anywhere near this team - him or AB. I hope both find their next team NFL purgatory!

Rooney seems to enjoy drama more than winning SBs fuck him!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:41 pm 

The Steelers should ONLY use the transitional tag if Bell is going to sign it. Otherwise it does no good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm 

Can you imagine how tired of the word Tag old Lev is?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm 

Fuck him, jesus.

FUCKBROWN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:49 pm 

jebrick wrote:
The Steelers should ONLY use the transitional tag if Bell is going to sign it. Otherwise it does no good.

Actually, just by offering it, they control his rights and can seek compensation from some team willing to sign him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Actually, just by offering it, they control his rights and can seek compensation from some team willing to sign him.

How would that work?

They'd have to match the offer to then turn around and trade him, meaning even a reasonable SB would be a huge chunk of change for a trade of unknown value.

They might be thinking they'd love to match and keep him if he only gets $8-$10M a year. But I just don't know how, with the locker room issues, that Bell could be a Steeler next year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
jebrick wrote:

How would that work?

They'd have to match the offer to then turn around and trade him, meaning even a reasonable SB would be a huge chunk of change for a trade of unknown value.

They might be thinking they'd love to match and keep him if he only gets $8-$10M a year. But I just don't know how, with the locker room issues, that Bell could be a Steeler next year.

Kodiak - Tomlin remains...and with him....the locker room issues. That leopard won’t change its spots...my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:27 pm 

If a team want to sign him, Steelers say they will match unless they get compensation. If the offer is reasonable, they might even follow-through on that threat and actually match.

I predict the offer will be much lower than expected and the Steelers will have some leverage in the situation.

Bell + Conner + Samuels used like a team? With Bell signed at a reasonable price? Sign me up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If a team want to sign him, Steelers say they will match unless they get compensation. If the offer is reasonable, they might even follow-through on that threat and actually match.

I predict the offer will be much lower than expected and the Steelers will have some leverage in the situation.

Bell + Conner + Samuels used like a team? With Bell signed at a reasonable price? Sign me up.

And the NFL wants to broker deals like these. Having stars sit out the year is bad business.

And i agree with B2B. Bell's offers will not be in the range he imagines. I think he will ask for the 13.5M to be put on the table again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:27 pm 

I'm hoping we have LBell and AB in Black & Gold for the opener next year. Might actually make me believe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:06 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
I'm hoping we have LBell and AB in Black & Gold for the opener next year. Might actually make me believe.

They could have the '78 Steelers on the sidelines, but they won't sniff a Lombardi as long as Tomlin's on the sidelines.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 pm 

You guys are absolute mad men, god bless ya.

I hope neither one of them play a down for us again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:47 pm 

Yes you transition tag him.

If he gets an outrageous offer, you don't match. And you're in the same situation you would be if you released him.

If he gets a smaller offer than anyone imagined, you match it and either have a 3-headed monster at running back OR you trade him after matching (unless there's a stipulation in CBA that you can't match and trade?)

Keep any leverage you can. It's business. No point in giving up leverage because "you don't wanna deal with it". It's business, this what the front office is paid to do. Get the most out of this as possible.

Any fuckups from the prior year are a sunk cost. They don't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:

If he gets an outrageous offer, you don't match. And you're in the same situation you would be if you released him.

If he gets a smaller offer than anyone imagined, you match it and either have a 3-headed monster at running back OR you trade him after matching (unless there's a stipulation in CBA that you can't match and trade?)

Keep any leverage you can. It's business. No point in giving up leverage because "you don't wanna deal with it". It's business, this what the front office is paid to do. Get the most out of this as possible.

The downside is if you transition tag him and you don't keep him, you lose his compensatory value. So no potential third round pick in 2020. That's pretty huge.

You don't transition tag him unless you want to bring him back at a pretty good amount of money. We don't have much cap room, relatively speaking compared to the rest of the league, to use that cap space on a bitch who fucked this team over when we've got a Pro Bowl RB who has already replaced him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:51 pm 

TB wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

The downside is if you transition tag him and you don't keep him, you lose his compensatory value. So no potential third round pick in 2020. That's pretty huge.

You don't transition tag him unless you want to bring him back at a pretty good amount of money. We don't have much cap room, relatively speaking compared to the rest of the league, to use that cap space on a bitch who fucked this team over when we've got a Pro Bowl RB who has already replaced him .

To make this 100% clear for those people in the back: IT IS LIKELY THAT THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO SIGN MULTIPLE FREE AGENTS THIS OFFSEASON, SO THEY ARE THEREFORE UNLIKELY TO GET ANY COMP PICK FOR LEV BELL, ESPECIALLY NOT A 3RD.

Their other signings will, in all likelihood, cancel out the value of a Lev Bell comp pick. You only really get these high comp picks when you don't sign many free agents, while letting your guys walk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 pm 

Also, assuming they aren't actually going to pay him a big contract, you just shift a bunch of Ben's money into 2020. Then, when Bell and the tag ultimately fall off the cap, that money carries over into 2020 to offset all the money of Ben's you shifted there.

Of course, you could argue that would do that anyway with Ben and have that much more for FA. But that's not how they've opearted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

You don't transition tag him unless you want to bring him back at a pretty good amount of money. We don't have much cap room, relatively speaking compared to the rest of the league, to use that cap space on a bitch who fucked this team over when we've got a Pro Bowl RB who has already replaced him .

To make this 100% clear for those people in the back: IT IS LIKELY THAT THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO SIGN MULTIPLE FREE AGENTS THIS OFFSEASON, SO THEY ARE THEREFORE UNLIKELY TO GET ANY COMP PICK FOR LEV BELL, ESPECIALLY NOT A 3RD.

Their other signings will, in all likelihood, cancel out the value of a Lev Bell comp pick. You only really get these high comp picks when you don't sign many free agents, while letting your guys walk.

Yeah, I get that, but I would rather go after another top CB or perhaps an OLB, ILB, or damn good pass rushing DLmen, than waste that money on a RB. For me, I would rather build the defense to be top notch than hold onto Bell, as you won't win shit with the defense we have now. Haden won't last forever, so we could use another stub CB. Since we can't seem to draft and develop a guy for that role, the only reasonable conclusion is to steal one from another team, even if you have to overpay a little. I'd gladly take that 14 mill they were offering Bell, and put it toward one of the top CB's in the league. (hopefully that would be enough to land one).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:08 pm 

I also wonder what Bell would do, if he can't pull a contract for any more than say 10m mill/year? I, myself, will LMFAO, sign up for twitter just so I can troll that motherfucker!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm 

the steelers are playing a dangerous game here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 pm 

I dont want Leveon back but i hope they use every available tag on his ass for eternity just to drive him nuts. Stick a transition tag right up his ass.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm 

If the steelers use the tag and then we meet whatever team signs him and if then we can trade him and get another number one that be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 pm 

The chances the Steelers sign a free agent with Bell's SB and yearly salary this offseason? Slim to none.

It's definitely possible the Steelers lose just as much in FA (Foster, Jesse James, Alualu, Sensabaugh, Chickillo, etc are all potential losses, though we likely bring most back) than what they ultimately gain.

So yeah, it's definitely possible losing Bell might end up netting us a third round pick in 2020, or might be the difference in us getting an extra 4th or 5th as opposed to nothing. So it definitely has to be a consideration if you're planning on transition tagging him especially if you don't want him back to begin with and are only looking to trade him.

Bringing him back to this team is a bad move in many ways.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

Yeah, I get that, but I would rather go after another top CB or perhaps an OLB, ILB, or damn good pass rushing DLmen, than waste that money on a RB. For me, I would rather build the defense to be top notch than hold onto Bell, as you won't win shit with the defense we have now. Haden won't last forever, so we could use another stub CB. Since we can't seem to draft and develop a guy for that role, the only reasonable conclusion is to steal one from another team, even if you have to overpay a little. I'd gladly take that 14 mill they were offering Bell, and put it toward one of the top CB's in the league. (hopefully that would be enough to land one).

I agree with the bolded. I see posters saying that we should have won the super bowl this year or we should have won x super bowls over the past decade, but I don't see it with the defenses we've had. Build a real defense, go win the super bowl.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm 

I have been saying it all starts with Fa and them adding playmakers and not shopping i the bargain bin.