It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7472
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
It is a good article, and all it does is piss me off because it reminds me of how dumb our coaching is.

7-2-1 and miss the playoffs is a JOKE.


Image
Go ahead. Pour more salt into the wound.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24892
Speaking of that Raiders’ game and Tomlin’s coaching...

Remember the Christmas 2016 game won with AB’s stretch into the end zone?

I happened to be watching it...and we have Kyle Juszczyk to thank that we ever saw those heroics.

Because had he not struggled to get into the end zone in the TD that put the Ravens up 27-24, we might never have seen a final Steelers’ drive...because it was the EXACT same situation as the Raiders’ game. Steelers were clinging to a 24-20 lead and had two timeouts left and the Ravens were inside the ten...and Mike Tomlin was doing the EXACT same thing...letting the clock tick away instead of saving time for his offense should it be needed.

Had Juszczyk fallen down short of the goal line, Tomlin may very well have let the clock tick away as the Ravens scored the winning TD.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9223
Jeemie wrote:
Speaking of that Raiders’ game and Tomlin’s coaching...

Remember the Christmas 2016 game won with AB’s stretch into the end zone?

I happened to be watching it...and we have Kyle Juszczyk to thank that we ever saw those heroics.

Because had he not struggled to get into the end zone in the TD that put the Ravens up 27-24, we might never have seen a final Steelers’ drive...because it was the EXACT same situation as the Raiders’ game. Steelers were clinging to a 24-20 lead and had two timeouts left and the Ravens were inside the ten...and Mike Tomlin was doing the EXACT same thing...letting the clock tick away instead of saving time for his offense should it be needed.

Had Juszczyk fallen down short of the goal line, Tomlin may very well have let the clock tick away as the Ravens scored the winning TD.

He has done this over and over and over again. Surprisingly, he DID call TO's against the Saints late when they were about to score. I don't know if that means he's learned his lesson or not. I still say we need to build a monster defense so that Tomlin can count on his D to stop teams from scoring when they get to our 6 yard line.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5282
Poltargyst wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Speaking of that Raiders’ game and Tomlin’s coaching...

Remember the Christmas 2016 game won with AB’s stretch into the end zone?

I happened to be watching it...and we have Kyle Juszczyk to thank that we ever saw those heroics.

Because had he not struggled to get into the end zone in the TD that put the Ravens up 27-24, we might never have seen a final Steelers’ drive...because it was the EXACT same situation as the Raiders’ game. Steelers were clinging to a 24-20 lead and had two timeouts left and the Ravens were inside the ten...and Mike Tomlin was doing the EXACT same thing...letting the clock tick away instead of saving time for his offense should it be needed.

Had Juszczyk fallen down short of the goal line, Tomlin may very well have let the clock tick away as the Ravens scored the winning TD.

He has done this over and over and over again. Surprisingly, he DID call TO's against the Saints late when they were about to score. I don't know if that means he's learned his lesson or not. I still say we need to build a monster defense so that Tomlin can count on his D to stop teams from scoring when they get to our 6 yard line.


How about we fire Tomlin and then build that monster D?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9223
Obviously wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Speaking of that Raiders’ game and Tomlin’s coaching...

Remember the Christmas 2016 game won with AB’s stretch into the end zone?

I happened to be watching it...and we have Kyle Juszczyk to thank that we ever saw those heroics.

Because had he not struggled to get into the end zone in the TD that put the Ravens up 27-24, we might never have seen a final Steelers’ drive...because it was the EXACT same situation as the Raiders’ game. Steelers were clinging to a 24-20 lead and had two timeouts left and the Ravens were inside the ten...and Mike Tomlin was doing the EXACT same thing...letting the clock tick away instead of saving time for his offense should it be needed.

Had Juszczyk fallen down short of the goal line, Tomlin may very well have let the clock tick away as the Ravens scored the winning TD.

He has done this over and over and over again. Surprisingly, he DID call TO's against the Saints late when they were about to score. I don't know if that means he's learned his lesson or not. I still say we need to build a monster defense so that Tomlin can count on his D to stop teams from scoring when they get to our 6 yard line.


How about we fire Tomlin and then build that monster D?

Kevin and Art have not elected to fire Tomlin this year, so I'm working wtih what we have.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Havoc and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group