It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

Yes. They would. And if Goodell was still trying to repay Kraft for some back room deal you think they had, he wouldn’t have suspended Brady for deflate gate. And even still, the first couple of Super Bowls would have well replayed that debt 3 Super Bowls ago.

Ratings are out.

Worst rated Super Bowl in 10 years.

Either Goodell isn't rigging the outcome of games to get the best matchups...or he's just REALLY REALLY bad at it.

People are wising up to the NFL Sham. I'm glad they were low. He's bad at everything, that is a known fact.

This positioning was all about NE getting annointed best all time. You can see that right?[/quote]

You'll just come up with anything to try and keep your little tin foil hat conspiracies alive, despite obvious evidence of the contrary, won't you?

Like, if the NFL were rigging it for NE, why did they even give Edelman the suspension in the first place? They could have easily not tested him, or brushed his positive test under the rug. Instead, they suspended their best WR.

Same with Brady with the inflategate stuff. The evidence was marginal at best. That could have easily have gone unpunished and the league would have carried on just fine.

Yeah, you can keep coming up with insane reasons why this stuff happens to try and justify your black chopper suspicions.

But the much more obvious and reasonable answer is that they're an extremely well run and well coached franchise that knows how to take advantage of inept officiating to win championships.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

Yes. They would. And if Goodell was still trying to repay Kraft for some back room deal you think they had, he wouldn’t have suspended Brady for deflate gate. And even still, the first couple of Super Bowls would have well replayed that debt 3 Super Bowls ago.

Ratings are out.

Worst rated Super Bowl in 10 years.

Either Goodell isn't rigging the outcome of games to get the best matchups...or he's just REALLY REALLY bad at it.

People are wising up to the NFL Sham. I'm glad they were low. He's bad at everything, that is a known fact.

This positioning was all about NE getting annointed best all time. You can see that right?

You'll just come up with anything to try and keep your little tin foil hat conspiracies alive, despite obvious evidence of the contrary, won't you?

Like, if the NFL were rigging it for NE, why did they even give Edelman the suspension in the first place? They could have easily not tested him, or brushed his positive test under the rug. Instead, they suspended their best WR.

Same with Brady with the inflategate stuff. The evidence was marginal at best. That could have easily have gone unpunished and the league would have carried on just fine.

Yeah, you can keep coming up with insane reasons why this stuff happens to try and justify your black chopper suspicions.

But the much more obvious and reasonable answer is that they're an extremely well run and well coached franchise that knows how to take advantage of inept officiating to win championships.[/quote]

i never said they weren't coached well or executed. You pile me into a group you laugh at. So rather that, listen to my message, the game is fixed. Too much money at stake not to direct what and how they see fit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 pm 

Ill be goddamned, I respect the hell out of them but I hate them too.

I simply am amazed by the success BB gets outta some fairly average talent with his strategy acumen.

Nothing ever has been or ever will be written about Tomlin such as this: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/04/bill- ... -bowl-liii

The other less heralded part of this run is how dominant that Pats OL has been. Brady has been largely kept clean all playoffs, last night against a ferocious front 4 that I thought would eat them up.

Man, I am 100% comfortable admitting that much of my hate stems from jealousy. Fuck, I want a coaching staff that puts our guys in the best position to win with some gameplan design, rather than just line up and try to out athlete the guy across from ya.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:00 pm 

I watched casually the first half. Didn't watch the second.

But I'll repeat something I said earlier. I find it interesting that everyone says you have to pressure brady from the inside, yet Suh and Donald couldn't get close enough to rattle brady. From what I saw, the secondary was keeping it close. They must have an exceptional O line.

Anybody see Romo's hour long special? Something stood out to me in regard to the AFC. I think it was rivers that said it's a 4 game season, and anybody can get hot and win as long as you make it to the post season. The pats have had a soft division for a large part of those 18 years. Beating up on the bills and jets and dolphins is not the same as the games the steelers have had to play against the ravens or bengals. One team in the division that has sucked is not enough, plus brain farts by the team.

I guess what I'm asking for those that know, how much does BB change his scheme during the year? Most teams, from what I've read and heard, install an offense in camp, and pretty much do the same things for the entire season with a few wrinkles. I think BB picks players that can change scheme on a dime. IOW, smart. The four game season for BB is like another season, as he said about the first half vs the second. He said there is so much time for SB halftimes that it's like playing a second game. One of the keys to his success is the ability to change scheme completely from week to week. Half to half. Meanwhile other coaches like tomlin and haley keep their cards close to the chest and play mostly vanilla until they absolutely have to. And then sometimes it's too late. And when they release the dogs, so to speak, they're left impotent for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm 

Even if I had watched, I would have tuned out as soon as there was the penalty for “not letting the receiver establish himself as a runner”.

Just seeing that in the postgame articles made me sick and tired of this “game”.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:00 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

I guess what I'm asking for those that know, how much does BB change his scheme during the year? Most teams, from what I've read and heard, install an offense in camp, and pretty much do the same things for the entire season with a few wrinkles. I think BB picks players that can change scheme on a dime. IOW, smart. The four game season for BB is like another season, as he said about the first half vs the second. He said there is so much time for SB halftimes that it's like playing a second game. One of the keys to his success is the ability to change scheme completely from week to week. Half to half. Meanwhile other coaches like tomlin and haley keep their cards close to the chest and play mostly vanilla until they absolutely have to. And then sometimes it's too late. And when they release the dogs, so to speak, they're left impotent for the playoffs.

This is exactly it.. but the flip side is you need players willing and capable to make those changes week to week. If you fall out line or do your own thing - he ships you out that day. Jamie Collins is a great example. They don't care what your talent level is if you don't do what you are asked to do on gameday.

Practices are intense and with purpose. They are important because in order to change the scheme on a dime and curtail it to an opponent, there has to be participation and focus.

I would venture to guess if you ask any layperson how teams prepare for each other, they all believe NFL coaches do things the way as described above... special preparation for the team they face... but in reality I bet it's more of a "do what we do" with maybe a wrinkle or two thrown in.

The rams were probably a really easy read for BB... and he had two weeks to do it. I don't think the Rams changed one thing coming in, and that's how you end up with 3 points.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:05 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

But I'll repeat something I said earlier. I find it interesting that everyone says you have to pressure brady from the inside, yet Suh and Donald couldn't get close enough to rattle brady. From what I saw, the secondary was keeping it close. They must have an exceptional O line.

You were not paying attention then. Donald was doubled and tripled the entire night. When he was not he was in Brady's face in 2 seconds. Brady made a ton of bad throws because of the pressure.

For some reason, they had Suh playing 5-tech DE. He got some pressure but not fast enough.

for all the comments that BB makes due with nothing is foolish for these last several SB. Gilmore is not nothing. He is the best press man CB in the league. Unless a team has multiple weapons, the Pats are able to shut them down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:07 pm 

There has to be an increasing number of Pats fans that are getting less joy out of winning the SB. At this point, how big of a deal is it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:16 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
There has to be an increasing number of Pats fans that are getting less joy out of winning the SB. At this point, how big of a deal is it?

Trust me, I live in NE, and there aren't. Do you think Steelers fans would get less Joy from the team winning the Super Bowl often? I sure didn't back in the day.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Trust me, I live in NE, and there aren't. Do you think Steelers fans would get less Joy from the team winning the Super Bowl often? I sure didn't back in the day.

Well, I'm getting less joy from it. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I read that the stadium yesterday was similarly loud to what the Steelers had in Detroit. That means plenty of people were willing to pony up serious cash t get to ATL, stay there and attend the game. That said, initial reports after the two championship games were that prices were down from previous Super Bowls ....still expensive though. It probably has something to do with the Rams not having a natural fan base in LA but regardless, Pats fans showed up for this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm 

jebrick wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

You were not paying attention then.
Yeah, probably. When I was watching I saw brady have all kinds of time and couldn't find anybody open. But you'd think with two pro bowl players on the d line, they'd have some kind of impact.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Even if I had watched, I would have tuned out as soon as there was the penalty for “not letting the receiver establish himself as a runner”.

Just seeing that in the postgame articles made me sick and tired of this “game”.

Was a horrible call. Par for the course with how lame and bastardized this game has become.

Was nothing but a bang bang play.

Just another example of how the refs can influence flow and outcomes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 pm 

955876 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Was a horrible call. Par for the course with how lame and bastardized this game has become.

And another example was the nice Gurley run called back at 3-3, i'm guessing it was late in the 3rd. Even Romo said they had to let that one go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm 

Yep. That too was another big one.

That type of nonsense make the game hard to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 am 

I blame Dee Ford. Period.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 am 

AirRescueFF wrote:
I blame Dee Ford. Period.

And the refs in NO.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:14 am 

955876 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

It was absolute bullshit, and a bullshit explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 am 

Jeemie wrote:

That call was egregious. Totally unnecessary. Takes the momentum from 1 team and gives it to the other for no reason. Refs are supposed to be invisible, not after calls like that (the hold on the center was almost as bad and another momentum swinger).

I guarantee if there was no flag every person playing or watching is saying nice defensive play lets move on the the next play, no one is looking for a flag. Gross.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 am 

Normally Deaspin sucks at this kind of stuff, but here is a great analysis of what went down:

https://deadspin.com/how-the-patriots-d ... 1832326941

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Normally Deaspin sucks at this kind of stuff, but here is a great analysis of what went down:

That is a really good review of the cheats game plan. Great post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

I saw a story on the Rams' tendencies before the game...why I didn't watch because I knew with two weeks to prepare, Belichick would easily counter such predictability.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I saw a story on the Rams' tendencies before the game...why I didn't watch because I knew with two weeks to prepare, Belichick would easily counter such predictability.

Probably didn’t even need the two weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:03 pm 

It is a good article, and all it does is piss me off because it reminds me of how dumb our coaching is.

7-2-1 and miss the playoffs is a JOKE.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:08 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
It is a good article, and all it does is piss me off because it reminds me of how dumb our coaching is.

7-2-1 and miss the playoffs is a JOKE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next