It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: SB LIII Comments Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:53 am 

https://twitter.com/RoobNBCS/status/1092260859030749184

Reuben Frank wrote:
Jared Goff's last 8 games this year: 7 TDs, 8 INTs

No, I read on SteelerFury that the Patriots used CIA technology funded by offshore accounts tied to Roger Goodell and the Shah of Shangri-La as part of the most massive coverup in sports history to circumvent the genius that is Sean McVay and his unstoppable offense... all of which is secretly part of the NFL's plan to undermine the legacy of the Pittsburgh Steelers. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 am 

TB wrote:

Reuben Frank wrote:

No, I read on SteelerFury that the Patriots used CIA technology funded by offshore accounts tied to Roger Goodell and the Shah of Shangri-La as part of the most massive coverup in sports history to circumvent the genius that is Sean McVay and his unstoppable offense... all of which is secretly part of the NFL's plan to undermine the legacy of the Pittsburgh Steelers. :ugeek:

The plan to undermine the legacy of the steelers is being perpetrated not by the NFL but by the steelers staff and ownership.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 am 

Steel 40 wrote:
franco32 wrote:
The biggest outlier is the fact the AFC East hasn't been able to generate a decent team in over a decade. It is astonishing good luck that the Pats haven't had divisional competition in over a decade. They've seized the moment...credit to them. But, hard to think of another division that can't produce a decent contender for over a decade (really longer if you think about it).

I used that excuse for years. No all 15 AFC teams are complicit in allowing NE to build this 18 Dynasty. And make no mistake the Pittsburgh Steelers are mostly responsible because we underachieved more than any of them. We squandered talent and have become a laughingstock tarnishing our once-proud image. Goddel will drag us to Foxborough to open the season. Thus assuring us a 0-1 start.

The Steelers are not an attractive opening night matchup with all the drama. It’ll be the Chiefs, Browns, or Cowboys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 am 

14Thumb wrote:
Steel 40 wrote:
franco32 wrote:
The biggest outlier is the fact the AFC East hasn't been able to generate a decent team in over a decade. It is astonishing good luck that the Pats haven't had divisional competition in over a decade. They've seized the moment...credit to them. But, hard to think of another division that can't produce a decent contender for over a decade (really longer if you think about it).

I used that excuse for years. No all 15 AFC teams are complicit in allowing NE to build this 18 Dynasty. And make no mistake the Pittsburgh Steelers are mostly responsible because we underachieved more than any of them. We squandered talent and have become a laughingstock tarnishing our once-proud image. Goddel will drag us to Foxborough to open the season. Thus assuring us a 0-1 start.

The Steelers are not an attractive opening night matchup with all the drama. It’ll be the Chiefs, Browns, or Cowboys.

Please let that be true. Didnt we do the opening Thursday night thing vs them already? I remember alot of Deangelo and we lost pretty handily. No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:12 am 

TB wrote:

Reuben Frank wrote:

Losing Cooper Kupp hurt a little bit. Gurley being hurt or whatever he was was the nail in the coffin.

Goff isn't good enough to overcome the loss of his best WR and his best RB, especially when the coach who has been propping him up gets his ass handed to him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 am 

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/statuses/ ... 2597164032

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:40 am 

TB wrote:
I don't see how you can be a fan of the sport and not appreciate this, putting biases aside. We'll never see this level of greatness again.

I get the admiration for NE and I think the cheating and conspiracy is total bullshit but I don’t get your love for the Steelers brain trust? With every NE success, my disappointment in Art2 grows.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:50 am 

Fuck EMR
Fuck Mike Tomlin

#FreeSTD

I love white_steel_wolfe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
3 fucking points. There is not a person alive that would have taken that bet with any odds.

Well, I'm less impressed with McVay than I was and faaaaaaaaar less impressed with Goff.

Goff did not have a great game, missed some wide open receivers BUT I think the biggest factor to his sub optimal performance was the O line. They really stunk. QB had pressure all game, and the blitz pick ups (probably some backs responsibilities) were terrible. That was the biggest reason for his lousy game. NE D line bunch of no names was really good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:53 am 

Did not comment last night during the game, but this morning I'm still pissed off.

If we weren't so fucking dysfunctional, we would have smoked either one of those teams. What an absolute waste of a season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Did not comment last night during the game, but this morning I'm still pissed off.

If we weren't so fucking dysfunctional, we would have smoked either one of those teams. What an absolute waste of a season.

Exactly. The Steelers should have been there this year. That they weren't is the Steelers' fault, not the Patriots. This recent streak of the Patriots achieving three straight Super Bowls is due largely to the Steelers failing to live up to their potential.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

Exactly. The Steelers should have been there this year. That they weren't is the Steelers' fault, not the Patriots. This recent streak of the Patriots achieving three straight Super Bowls is due largely to the Steelers failing to live up to their potential.

Add Mike Tomlin to the list of fortunate circumstances that have helped the Pats achieve this dynasty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:32 am 

I hate the fact I watched this lame ass boring game! rams were pathetic, tho the defense did its part. I don't give the pats defense much credit as I believe it was goff choking and unimaginative play calling and crap game plan,
another reminder that a 41 year old qb with sub par to average skill men thru most of career has won 6 fucking bowls. are u shitting me? with a coach who's lost every coach and coordinator thru the years and keeps winning.
meanwhile the dunce tomlin ; the idiot train wreck,
has ben and weapons galore and uses his coaches as fall guys to fire while missing a bowl for 10 years! its a fucking gd shame! disgraceful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:07 am 

bam morris wrote:
I hate the fact I watched this lame ass boring game! rams were pathetic, tho the defense did its part. I don't give the pats defense much credit as I believe it was goff choking and unimaginative play calling and crap game plan,
another reminder that a 41 year old qb with sub par to average skill men thru most of career has won 6 fucking bowls. are u shitting me? with a coach who's lost every coach and coordinator thru the years and keeps winning.
meanwhile the dunce tomlin ; the idiot train wreck,
has ben and weapons galore and uses his coaches as fall guys to fire while missing a bowl for 10 years! its a fucking gd shame! disgraceful.

This is why I didn’t watch.

I knew McVay’s simplistic approach would be no match for Belichick with two weeks to prepare, especially with the Rams missing guys and Goff still needing his hand to be held by McVay.

So there was nothing to be gained by watching a Patriots slobber fest.

That the game utterly sucked was just gravy.

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
3 fucking points. There is not a person alive that would have taken that bet with any odds.

Well, I'm less impressed with McVay than I was and faaaaaaaaar less impressed with Goff.

Goff did not have a great game, missed some wide open receivers BUT I think the biggest factor to his sub optimal performance was the O line. They really stunk. QB had pressure all game, and the blitz pick ups (probably some backs responsibilities) were terrible. That was the biggest reason for his lousy game. NE D line bunch of no names was really good.

So is Goff gonna be labeled a "game manager" for the first 5 years of his career or does that only apply to Ben?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

Add Mike Tomlin to the list of fortunate circumstances that have helped the Pats achieve this dynasty.

He's integral to the Steelers' underperformance over the past 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:57 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

The NE defense seems to always raise their level of play late in the season.

It seems that as the season wore on, NE ran the ball with more and more success. These 2 reasons are why they won another SB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Why would the NFL want the Patriots to win at this point? They’re the most hated team in the country.

They’d have gained so much more by putting KC in it. I can guarantee millions more would have tuned in to watch Mahomes play his first game than Brady playing his 9th or whatever it is.

You think the chiefs fans would buy more overpriced merch? Sorry i disagree. Pats winning earns goodell and his syndicate more money. Mahomes will get there. Roger had to repay Kraft for the shit show aka deflate gate. It’s one big production. I just hope Rooney begged to win one more, but he’s clueless and a dope

Yes. They would. And if Goodell was still trying to repay Kraft for some back room deal you think they had, he wouldn’t have suspended Brady for deflate gate. And even still, the first couple of Super Bowls would have well replayed that debt 3 Super Bowls ago.

Ratings are out.

Worst rated Super Bowl in 10 years.

Either Goodell isn't rigging the outcome of games to get the best matchups...or he's just REALLY REALLY bad at it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:40 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

You think the chiefs fans would buy more overpriced merch? Sorry i disagree. Pats winning earns goodell and his syndicate more money. Mahomes will get there. Roger had to repay Kraft for the shit show aka deflate gate. It’s one big production. I just hope Rooney begged to win one more, but he’s clueless and a dope

Yes. They would. And if Goodell was still trying to repay Kraft for some back room deal you think they had, he wouldn’t have suspended Brady for deflate gate. And even still, the first couple of Super Bowls would have well replayed that debt 3 Super Bowls ago.

Ratings are out.

Worst rated Super Bowl in 10 years.

Either Goodell isn't rigging the outcome of games to get the best matchups...or he's just REALLY REALLY bad at it.

People are wising up to the NFL Sham. I'm glad they were low. He's bad at everything, that is a known fact.

This positioning was all about NE getting annointed best all time. You can see that right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 pm 

It was not a good football game. Neither qb played at a high level.

Patriots only scored 13 and got #6. I give their win yesterday more to their defense and Belichick, same as their 3 in 4 dynasty.

Brady already established his greatness, nothing about this game was going to change that. 6 rings has been about their team as a whole, a lot about their defense under Belichick. That's what it takes to get 6 rings, contributions on both sides of the football.

14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
I think Drew Brees would have been able to figure out NE's defense a damnsight better than Jarod "still wet behind the ears" Goff.

The wetness that mattered was in the trousers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:43 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
5 road losses to non-playoff teams.....8-0 at home. Nothing to see here, please move along.

You arent going to suffer through the trophy deal are ya? Brady screaming " lets go " and " were still hete". Jesus. Id rather take a horse beating.

No, although I am kind of curious to hear drunk Kraft

Much like his team's defense, Drunk Kraft did not disappoint.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

The three worst plays Goff had in crunch time featured great protection.

He held the ball, was late on the throw, and then it wobbled/floated to a WFO Cooks in the EZ. That ball needed to be on a line and thrown 2 seconds earlier. Missed wide open DIG route on 2nd and 22 with a perfect pocket. Short-armed (predictable but) bullshit INT throw with great protection.

There were also bad pays under some pressure, but (other than a scramble play where he stupidly didn't throw the ball away or run full speed out of bounds on a line where he couldn't have been hit), and one terrific play he made where he stood in and threw down the seam in the face of a big hit, he barely got dirty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

He held the ball, was late on the throw, and then it wobbled/floated to a WFO Cooks in the EZ. That ball needed to be on a line and thrown 2 seconds earlier. Missed wide open DIG route on 2nd and 22 with a perfect pocket. Short-armed (predictable but) bullshit INT throw with great protection.

There were also bad pays under some pressure, but (other than a scramble play where he stupidly didn't throw the ball away or run full speed out of bounds on a line where he couldn't have been hit), and one terrific play he made where he stood in and threw down the seam in the face of a big hit, he barely got dirty.

Yup- Goff was jumping at shadows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Right about everything except the interception play. It as not perfect protection. He rushed and threw up for grabs because he was about to get his clock cleaned. But you are right about it being predictable.
Bottom line...he shit his drawers on the national stage. It was a historically bad performance. The type of which a fragile player has a hard time bouncing back from. We’ll see...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next