It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11169
swissvale72 wrote:
Okay asshats!! Watch that shit, and tell me again that we're NOT forever indebted to Santonio Holmes!!


But who claims we aren’t?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5146
it funny on an interview he said Ben and him practice that play from the start of camp and never ever completed it till that game winning catch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9381
steelmann58 wrote:
it funny on an interview he said Ben and him practice that play from the start of camp and never ever completed it till that game winning catch.

It was too easy in practice.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:36 pm
Posts: 381
Obviously wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:
Off topic but how in the hell do you get an avatar to work? Everyone i try is too damn big. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers me.


You need to reduce the pic to 150x150 pixels using any photo editing program. Paint that comes with Windows works fine. Then upload.

Thanks. Appreciate it man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 8430
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Okay asshats!! Watch that shit, and tell me again that we're NOT forever indebted to Santonio Holmes!!


But who claims we aren’t?


You've seen the posts, Lit....Santonio wasn't all that, his numbers weren't great, what the fuck...he dropped the potential winning TD the play before he caught the game-winner. The assembled asshats on this esteemed website have been putting down Santonio Holmes since the day he was traded to the Jets.

Besides the game-winner in the SB, besides the four catches for 73 yards on the winning drive, look at the entirety of the '08 playoffs...the punt return for a score versus the Chargers, the 67 yard catch and run through the Ravens secondary for a score the following week. Check the vid that we just watched, the game-winner IN Baltimore in the season's 15th game, clinching the North and a first-round bye. The dude was an absolute Ravens killer throughout his four years with the Steelers.

Santonio Holmes was a clutch mother-fucker who performed best when the lights were brightest and continued to do so in his fuckin' CONTRACT YEAR with the Jets. Was no need to trade him...could've played his contract year with the Steelers, just might've helped that Super Bowl team, and then gone to the highest bidder.

_________________
#NoMoTomlin!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11169
Trading him was pretty stupid, no doubt.

Makes me have zero hope for AB situation.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 8430
Still Lit wrote:
Trading him was pretty stupid, no doubt.

Makes me have zero hope for AB situation.


On the list, fortunately not a long one, of Steelers front office dumbfuckery.....starts with the stupid as fuck Buddy Dial for nothing trade in '63 or so....then not drafting Marino....then Santonio Holmes.

The Douchebag Art II then dangled Ben as trade bait prior to the '10 draft. The Shadyside Bistro crowd actually wanted him gone....for Sam Fuckin' Bradford, or some such shit!!

Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.

_________________
#NoMoTomlin!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8296
Quote:
then not drafting Marino

I think they had a pretty legit reason for this...

Quote:
Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.

I’m not going to beat the FO up over these two boneheads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Trading him was pretty stupid, no doubt.

Makes me have zero hope for AB situation.


On the list, fortunately not a long one, of Steelers front office dumbfuckery.....starts with the stupid as fuck Buddy Dial for nothing trade in '63 or so....then not drafting Marino....then Santonio Holmes.

The Douchebag Art II then dangled Ben as trade bait prior to the '10 draft. The Shadyside Bistro crowd actually wanted him gone....for Sam Fuckin' Bradford, or some such shit!!

Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.




Wow those are bad. I've said it before, id take Santonio Holmes on my team any day of the week...and like you, the 1 word i associate with him is clutch.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
then not drafting Marino

I think they had a pretty legit reason for this...

Quote:
Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.

I’m not going to beat the FO up over these two boneheads.


Marino was a cokehead in college, for sure.

But Dan Rooney told a story (who knows if it's true) that John Clayton made a big push to Rooney to draft Marino, and Rooney went to Noll with that idea, but mistakenly told Noll Clayton was pushing it.

And since Noll was to be forever pissed at Clayton for ratting him out for "ShoulderPadGate", Noll was adamantly against the idea...hence we went after Gabe Rivera instead.

Who knows if that story is true? Personally I doubt it- I believe Noll simply wanted to rebuild his team defense first the same way he built the 1970s champions.

And who knows what would have happened had Rivera not gotten in that car accident?

But it makes for a fun story.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
For Santonio we got Bryant McFadden and Antonio Brown.

McFadden, while not an all-Pro, shored up a weak spot on the defense and who knows if we go after Brown if we keep Santonio?

You can't simply say everything stays the same and we get to the Super Bowl, then Santonio puts us over the top to win it.

Me personally? It's second and 1 at the start of the 4th Quarter. I'm passing instead of running on that down.

And it wasn't just me second guessing. I said at the time that Arians was starting to rely a little too much on Mendenhall....just before the goddam fumble.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Last edited by Jeemie on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8296
Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
then not drafting Marino

I think they had a pretty legit reason for this...

Quote:
Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.

I’m not going to beat the FO up over these two boneheads.


Marino was a cokehead in college, for sure.

But Dan Rooney told a story (who knows if it's true) that John Clayton made a big push to Rooney to draft Marino, and Rooney went to Noll with that idea, but mistakenly told Noll Clayton was pushing it.

And since Noll was to be forever pissed at Clayton for ratting him out for "ShoulderPadGate", Noll was adamantly against the idea...hence we went after Gabe Rivera instead.

Who knows if that story is true? Personally I doubt it- I believe Noll simply wanted to rebuild his team defense first the same way he built the 1970s champions.

And who knows what would have happened had Rivera not gotten in that car accident?

But it makes for a fun story.

I’d never heard the Noll/Clayton story before, interesting to say the least.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:36 pm
Posts: 381
The thing about Marino, it makes me sick we didnt pick him but man, we werent the only team that passed on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7534
Jeemie wrote:
Marino was a cokehead in college, for sure.
He was a lot of other things as well. I have some inside info about him, but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to post. Lets just say it's not complimentary. Yup. He was a dickhead. But what do you expect from someone that was recruited by the Royals because he could throw out batters from right field as though it were a ground ball to the second baseman, and almost every NFL team would have taken him in a heartbeat?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Marino was a cokehead in college, for sure.
He was a lot of other things as well. I have some inside info about him, but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to post. Lets just say it's not complimentary. Yup. He was a dickhead. But what do you expect from someone that was recruited by the Royals because he could throw out batters from right field as though it were a ground ball to the second baseman, and almost every NFL team would have taken him in a heartbeat?


My sister had a couple classes with Marino.

Well- I should say...classes he was supposed to be attending.

He was never in them, and yes, she told me less than flattering stories of him as well.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13423
I'm no longer laughing at emphasizing character and smarts....

But you got 8 years out of AB (not counting his rookie year) and 5 years of Bell (ignoring the injury where he played just 6 games that year) before they imploded.

So I doubt anyone would say, if we had a do-over, you wouldn't still draft those guys knowing they go AWOL after 5-8 years. That's not even taking into account AB was an R6 (which makes it a no-brainer). But 5 years for a 2nd rounder on Bell I wouldn't call anything other than a success. Then maybe drafting high character guys is a little overrated....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 1054
Kodiak wrote:
maybe drafting high character guys is a little overrated....

Drafting high characters worked for the 2017 draft class with Watt, Juju, and James Conner all high character kids all highly productive starters earning Pro Bowl honors in just their second year with the team.

I don't want a team of choir boys. What I want is when a player is causing a problem it's dealt with before it ruins an entire season.

The coach of the Patriots whose team is playing in the Super Bowl tomorrow here in my transplant hometown takes chances on player with character concerns. Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. The difference is he doesn't let them torpedo a season or live in an apartment during training camp etc etc etc. Nope, when his low character players step out of line they get cut or benched for a Super Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4481
SteelDrama wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
maybe drafting high character guys is a little overrated....

Drafting high characters worked for the 2017 draft class with Watt, Juju, and James Conner all high character kids all highly productive starters earning Pro Bowl honors in just their second year with the team.

I don't want a team of choir boys. What I want is when a player is causing a problem it's dealt with before it ruins an entire season.

The coach of the Patriots whose team is playing in the Super Bowl tomorrow here in my transplant hometown takes chances on player with character concerns. Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. The difference is he doesn't let them torpedo a season or live in an apartment during training camp etc etc etc. Nope, when his low character players step out of line they get cut or benched for a Super Bowl.


.

The only leader on this team I really trust is Heyward. The rest are either too selfish, too demonstrative, or too arrogant. I'm hoping guys like Watt, Conner, and JJSS step up and become leaders in the locker room because we new ones with a quickness.

And if this team lets AB back into that locker room, then Tomlin and the current leaders on this team are gutless cowards. AB has spent the last month plus pissing in their faces without a hint of an apology. Fuck him. It will be a disgrace if he plays another down as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13423
SteelDrama wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
maybe drafting high character guys is a little overrated....

Drafting high characters worked for the 2017 draft class with Watt, Juju, and James Conner all high character kids all highly productive starters earning Pro Bowl honors in just their second year with the team.


You're right about Belicheat not tolerating that crap.

I'm just saying I'm not sure "character" should factor into who you draft. The guys you list should have been drafted regardless.

But maybe that's part of the fix. You look for high-character guys to rebuild your locker room when your team lacks leadership. But that says more about what a HC is lacking. You shouldn't have to potentially reach for guys just because your coach is an enabler creating a leadership void.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11303
just shows how wrong folks were. marino was talented and amazing . I was sick as a dog when steelers drafted who? Gabe rivera? wtf. they needed a qb. I was stunned Danny still on board when steelers picked. then watch him his rookie year in super bowl. pure passing bad ass dude. been amazing to see what mighta happened with marino at qb till late 90s. no doubt bowls woulda been there and how long noll mighta stayed. still saddens me they passed on Danny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8296
Quote:
But you got 8 years out of AB (not counting his rookie year) and 5 years of Bell (ignoring the injury where he played just 6 games that year) before they imploded.

Zero Super Bowl championships.
Bell and Brown have put up tons of numbers, given us thrill after thril on the field, regular season wins aplenty. Buttkiss in the post season.
Time to move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9381
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Trading him was pretty stupid, no doubt.

Makes me have zero hope for AB situation.


On the list, fortunately not a long one, of Steelers front office dumbfuckery.....starts with the stupid as fuck Buddy Dial for nothing trade in '63 or so....then not drafting Marino....then Santonio Holmes.

The Douchebag Art II then dangled Ben as trade bait prior to the '10 draft. The Shadyside Bistro crowd actually wanted him gone....for Sam Fuckin' Bradford, or some such shit!!

Now....we've gone from having arguably the best running back AND receiver in the game, to having neither one.

I'm going to throw letting Rod Woodson go in here as well.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13423
Jobus Rum wrote:
Zero Super Bowl championships.


AB has performed in the playoffs. And the one time Bell wasn't hurt, he balled in the playoffs, as well.


Ben is supposedly close and friends with AB. It should be an easy fix. Unless the ocho-cancer has metastasized. But AB is in for a rude awakening with a lesser arm NOT force-feeding him....with respect to fantasy football, AB is going over the cliff. 2:1 odds he doesn't even make the Pro Bowl next year.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18343
Kodiak wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Zero Super Bowl championships.


AB has performed in the playoffs. And the one time Bell wasn't hurt, he balled in the playoffs, as well.


Ben is supposedly close and friends with AB. It should be an easy fix. Unless the ocho-cancer has metastasized. But AB is in for a rude awakening with a lesser arm NOT force-feeding him....with respect to fantasy football, AB is going over the cliff. 2:1 odds he doesn't even make the Pro Bowl next year.

I don't think the primary issue is between AB and Ben.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #7 to #10,Greatest game winning drive ever. Must watch!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4481
I totally believe a white, 36-year-old Trump supporter from bumfuck Ohio is uber BFF with this guy:

Image

I mean, they said it in front of a microphone so it has to be true, right? :?

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group