It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Belichick helped Steelers in XL run says Cowher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 pm 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1901310103

Quote:
“He helped a lot in Super Bowl XL,” Cowher said in an interview in Atlanta with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The Patriots lost to the Broncos at Denver in a divisional playoff game Jan. 14, 2006. That set up the AFC championship in Denver between the Steelers and Broncos the following week.
“When they lost to Denver,” Cowher said, “Bill called me up and said ‘Hey, congratulations, good luck, do you need anything? Want to know anything on Denver?’ ”
Cowher did not say what information Belichick might have provided, but the Steelers crushed the Broncos, 34-17, to earn their trip to the Super Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit.
In the days before that game against Seattle, Belichick offered Cowher more tips, not so much on the Seahawks but on how to handle things surrounding the Super Bowl, like the extended time in pregame and halftime that teams are not accustomed to. New England had won three of the previous four Super Bowls.
Said Cowher: “Yeah, he really did [help]. He said at halftime, take your pads off. Put some food in there. It’s a long halftime. It’s like two different games [regular season versus Super Bowl]. I never thought about it that way, never looked at it that way.
“I didn’t know about the [long] pregame. I called him up about the pregame, little things about the week. It’s a different game day.”

Cowher also reiterated that he believe execution, not cheating, was the reason the Pats beat the Steelers twice in the two AFCCG's they played.

#FreeSTD

I love white_steel_wolfe

Post subject: Re: Belichick helped Steelers in XL run says Cowher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:04 pm 

Can he call and help Tomlin now?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:

With what, exactly, at this point?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 pm 

Ice wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

With what, exactly, at this point?

Literally, anything. Gameplanning, tying his shoes....take your pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:27 pm 

Cowher took the Steelers to the Super Bowl 10 years prior to SB 40. Why the fuck would he need BB's help dealing with the game. Maybe Belichick thought that Cowher was such a simpleton that he needed advice on the "little things"...Like your gunner running out of bounds on punt coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 pm 

It's too bad that Belichick doesn't help Tomlin, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 pm 

Belichick: Hey Bill, I will help you win against Denver and Seattle and in return you have to say to say it was execution, not cheating, that allowed us to beat you in 2001 and 2004. Deal?

Cowher: Sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 am 

Obviously wrote:
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/31/bill-belichick-patriots-steelers-super-bowl-atlanta/stories/201901310103

Quote:
“He helped a lot in Super Bowl XL,” Cowher said in an interview in Atlanta with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The Patriots lost to the Broncos at Denver in a divisional playoff game Jan. 14, 2006. That set up the AFC championship in Denver between the Steelers and Broncos the following week.
“When they lost to Denver,” Cowher said, “Bill called me up and said ‘Hey, congratulations, good luck, do you need anything? Want to know anything on Denver?’ ”
Cowher did not say what information Belichick might have provided, but the Steelers crushed the Broncos, 34-17, to earn their trip to the Super Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit.
In the days before that game against Seattle, Belichick offered Cowher more tips, not so much on the Seahawks but on how to handle things surrounding the Super Bowl, like the extended time in pregame and halftime that teams are not accustomed to. New England had won three of the previous four Super Bowls.
Said Cowher: “Yeah, he really did [help]. He said at halftime, take your pads off. Put some food in there. It’s a long halftime. It’s like two different games [regular season versus Super Bowl]. I never thought about it that way, never looked at it that way.
“I didn’t know about the [long] pregame. I called him up about the pregame, little things about the week. It’s a different game day.”

Cowher also reiterated that he believe execution, not cheating, was the reason the Pats beat the Steelers twice in the two AFCCG's they played.

Cowher didn’t know about the long pregame?

Did the Super Bowl really change that much in 10 years?

Cowher is acting like XL was his first time there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 am 

From the comments section...what Mike Tomlin hath wrought...a subset of fans who feel we are spoiled and are “thankful” the Steelers have been as successful as they have been.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yo7jv5.jpg

Last edited by Jeemie on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Drom the comments section...what Mike Tomlin hath wrought...a subset of fans who feel we are spoiled and are “thankful” the Steelers have been as successful as they have been.

Mediocrity is the new success.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:34 am 

Can't believe I'm saying this but I've actually grown to like Belichick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am 

fortythree wrote:
Belichick: Hey Bill, I will help you win against Denver and Seattle and in return you have to say to say it was execution, not cheating, that allowed us to beat you in 2001 and 2004. Deal?

I wish the Steelers would cheat like the Patriots.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:58 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Studs believing the cheating meme continues to crack me up.

#FreeSTD

I love white_steel_wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 pm 

Obviously wrote:

Sure, because all the stats point to that run being legit. /sarcafont

Like I've said many times, when you see people that are that big of outliers VERSUS OTHER GREATS, it has ALWAYS been because of cheating.

This shouldn't even be a debate since they've been busted twice already for cheating. It's not even speculation at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Drom the comments section...what Mike Tomlin hath wrought...a subset of fans who feel we are spoiled and are “thankful” the Steelers have been as successful as they have been.

well Brian Young is a c*nt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Like I've said many times, when you see people that are that big of outliers VERSUS OTHER GREATS, it has ALWAYS been because of cheating.

This shouldn't even be a debate since they've been busted twice already for cheating. It's not even speculation at this point.

Well it is a debate because it has to be proven to me where cheating played a part in the two AFCCG losses. It's just too convenient to blame the Steelers' shortcomings such as shit special teams play in 2001 and Bill Cowher's FG decision in 2004 on Patriots' cheating. I know it's a feel-good thing to do in Steeler Nation to conveniently blame it on cheating.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:40 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Obviously wrote:

There was a film of the Rams practice before SB XXXVI and a few deflated footballs before a Colts playoff game they completely dominated. How did those events play a part in the Steelers' losses in 2001 & 2004? I'll wait.

#FreeSTD

I love white_steel_wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:10 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Not always. Michael Phelps is a massive stoner and he's the most decorated Olympic athlete ever. I don't think he cheated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

I don't think we could pull it off to be honest. I'm fairly certain we could have all the answers and it'd still be fucked up by some "my gut told me" bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:30 pm 

FGB is caught between not ratting out another coach who did cheat the game using the video.
Cowher said all teams stole signals but no one did the illegal video stuff. "They did it better than us, just a more advanced way of doing it"

His execution arguement comes point about allowing the Pats to do it. He wants all other teams to just allow it and move on.

He's softer than baby shit. Queen V must have him so whipped.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:50 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

I just wish they’d get a real head football coach...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:39 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Not always. Michael Phelps is a massive stoner and he's the most decorated Olympic athlete ever. I don't think he cheated.

There was some idiot on this board a few weeks ago claiming pot was a performance enhancing drug.