It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Awesome breakdown of the failed fake punt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:07 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
As soon as I saw the snap I thought "OMFG Tomlin has fucked this team again, and this time right out of the playoffs".

"It was only half a yard short from being genius" is the funniest equivocation I've seen in a long time. I suppose it was inevitable that eventually the bar would be lowered below ground level.

Got a good laugh out of that as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
As soon as I saw the snap I thought "OMFG Tomlin has fucked this team again, and this time right out of the playoffs".

"It was only half a yard short from being genius" is the funniest equivocation I've seen in a long time. I suppose it was inevitable that eventually the bar would be lowered below ground level.

Here's the problem.

Guarantee you Mike Tomlin views it the same way.

"It only came up half a yard short. I'll mark that in my book as a good play. We'll try it again another time, and this time we'll expect better execution".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 pm 

Quote:

Well...the standard IS the standard, ya know?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:08 pm 

maybe the fist a cuffs will awaken geno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Here's the problem.

Guarantee you Mike Tomlin views it the same way.

"It only came up half a yard short. I'll mark that in my book as a good play. We'll try it again another time, and this time we'll expect better execution".

Agreed and starting to think that Art2 thinks this way too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 pm 

Quote:
Agreed and starting to think that Art2 thinks this way too.

A2 pretty much stated that things were fine because they finished only a half game out of the division. So, yeah...he’s thinking the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:01 am 

I'm pretty annoyed that Virginia did not pass that bill making it legal to kill sufficiently retarded babies. I know that eugenic retard slaughter isn't law (yet) - but I am an optimist.

Obviously I'd first nominate Tomlin for a 147th trimester abortion. Hopefully Cor-Ten also falls under VA's jurisdiction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:40 pm 

tunch wrote:
I'm pretty annoyed that Virginia did not pass that bill making it legal to kill sufficiently retarded babies. I know that eugenic retard slaughter isn't law (yet) - but I am an optimist.

Obviously I'd first nominate Tomlin for a 147th trimester abortion. Hopefully Cor-Ten also falls under VA's jurisdiction.
I wish the best for you and yours as well. I hope you get all you want, and then some.

Cheers, asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 pm 

tunch wrote:

Link?

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:08 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Link?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HB43tfyJdX4

How have you not seen this? It's the governor of Virginia detailing the mechanics of when it's appropriate to slaughter a delivered baby.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:40 pm 

tunch wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Link?

How have you not seen this? It's the governor of Virginia detailing the mechanics of when it's appropriate to slaughter a delivered baby.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but the VA gov is a pediatric neurologist and he’s talking about the very rare instance of when a baby that is not viable to live in its own has to be delivered for the mother’s health.

So, you’re pretty much an emotive reactionary who is just operating according to political bias and pretending to be rational. On the other hand you might merely be engaging in moral preening or virtue signaling.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:15 am 

Still Lit wrote:
tunch wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Link?

Correct me if i’m wrong, but the VA gov is a pediatric neurologist and he’s talking about the very rare instance of when a baby that is not viable to live in its own has to be delivered for the mother’s health.

So, you’re pretty much an emotive reactionary who is just operating according to political bias and pretending to be rational. On the other hand you might merely be engaging in moral preening or virtue signaling.

Or he could just be an asshole. Nice explanation though.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am 

Asshole is too broad a genus. A gentleman will provide a species difference in order to capture the essence of the particular kind of assholism on display. For instance, I am by virtue of this post running the risk of being an asshole of the sort that is characterized by pretension. Another kind of asshole is characterized by moral preening. Another by uninformed outrage. And there is Swiss, whose causticism often exceeds the measure due to my stupidity.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Asshole is too broad a genus. A gentleman will provide a species difference in order to capture the essence of the particular kind of assholism on display. For instance, I am by virtue of this post running the risk of being an asshole of the sort that is characterized by pretension. Another kind of asshole is characterized by moral preening. Another by uninformed outrage. And there is Swiss, whose causticism often exceeds the measure due to my stupidity.

As per usual, Lit, you have me a bit confused. Are you calling ME an asshole, or yourself?? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:20 am 

Still Lit wrote:
tunch wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Link?

He (Va. Gov.) has other issues to deal with now...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47098776

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:44 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where a guy could run afoul of right-wing AND left-wing partisans in less than a week...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where a guy could run afoul of right-wing AND left-wing partisans in less than a week...

It makes sense as the Democrats will go after their own as they did with Senator Al Franken for moral reasons & Republicans will go after the moral character of anyone on the other side oblivious to the moral decay of their top dog. Meanwhile, the VA governor now says he mistakenly claimed that he was in the photo that was printed on his page & that he had never seen the yearbook previously as he was in the army when it was published.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:35 pm 

I just keep laughing how, 40+ years after Roe v. Wade, both the left and right regularly lose their shit over pretending like this isn't settled law. It's a perpetual battle of slippery slopes, one that has gone pretty much nowhere over 40 years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:28 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Ah, thank you for the lesson, Professor. :lol:

#CdnSteelerFanStrong