It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4878
Zeke5123 wrote:
Hey guys, SteelPowerful is rude when playing basketball, doesn't tip, and is just generally an ass.

What's my evidence? Well, SteelPowerful has never said anything to the contrary!


Lol

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 312
That Manning example is nothing like what Ben has done, Give me a damn break. Seriously?!

:lol:

Manning is criticizing a kicker who got "liquored up." You think this is equivalent to what Ben has done to Washington and Brown? You think this is equivalent to Ben throwing his coaches under the bus after that 2017 Patriot game debacle.

You gotta be kidding.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4878
SteelPowerful wrote:
That Manning example is nothing like what Ben has done, Give me a damn break. Seriously?!

:lol:

Manning is criticizing a kicker who got "liquored up." You think this is equivalent to what Ben has done to Washington and Brown? You think this is equivalent to Ben throwing his coaches under the bus after that 2017 Patriot game debacle.

You gotta be kidding.


Did you see the "we had protection problems" interview after their loss vs the Steelers or did you conveniently ignore that?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
seems to ignore certain points and looks only to try to view his points.
But he still has not explain tomlin statement when he said we could have put ben in earlier but we were in flow in that raider game. But also never said what qb would demand to play from his coach ? or did ben say that and the poster ignored it. Also I am curious who would be his qb after he lets Ben go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 312
Quote:
Did you see the "we had protection problems" interview after their loss vs the Steelers or did you conveniently ignore that?


I remember that back when it happened so I did not look at it. And from I what recall, unless I forgot something it's nothing. Unless you can tell me which individual player he called out. Because that is the issue here.

Ben has called out his coaching staff and individual players in the media. I know of no other players that have done this so blatantly and consistently. You coming up with individual cases of various players here and there does not come close to how many times Roethlisberger has done this.

The guy is self-serving and a piss poor leader. He does not know how to lead by example. He will win no more Super Bowls. He needs a coach who will hold him accountable and get him to stop running his mouth so that he does not alienate other players. At this point in his career, that is impossible.

Cut bait.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
he has two SB the most since our LAST SB QB way back in 1979.
ok so who do you go with ?

BTW you never replied to what tomlin told the press after the raider game ?

I guess you enjoyed the years between Bradshaw and BEN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3961
steelmann58 wrote:
he has two SB the most since our LAST SB QB way back in 1979.
ok so who do you go with ?

BTW you never replied to what tomlin told the press after the raider game ?

I guess you enjoyed the years between Bradshaw and BEN


I believe that 2 SBs is tied for the most by any QB since Aikman, other than Brady.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4671
Jeemie wrote:
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like you have an axe to grind against playmaking qbs. If a qb holds the football 8 seconds extending the play and a wr breaks free downfield for a 25 yd gain, is that holding the football too long? Extending the play means holding the football. Pat Mahommes holds the football, extends plays.



I do not have an axe to grind at all. Follow the argument. Ben is a piece of work mentally. He is the same as Brown and Bell - a fucking ego maniac but a passive aggressive one. He is not worth it. He was successful when there were stronger leaders on this team. There is now a void and he has taken the place as leader. Like it or not the QB is a position of leadership and Ben fails badly at it. And Tomlin lets all these bastards away with the shit they do.

After we extend him be prepared for gaudy stats and no rings no matter who the coach will be.

And yes I blame Ben for that Raiders game. If you're a leader you go to your coach and tell him to put you back in.


How do we know he didn't tell Tomlin that?


He might have said something. Sure.

However, I was at the game and Ben didn’t come out after half until the 3rd quarter had already started. When he came out he had a baseball hat on and was not standing anywhere near Tomlin.

He also did not toss a single warm-up throw prior to coming back in. And this coming after the extended halftime where he wasn’t back for a part of the third.

Now it didn’t impact him as he led team right down the field for a score. So not doing so wasn’t detrimental to his performance.

So again though, he might have said something to Tomlin but if he did it would have had to have been in passing or in lockeroom because the two did not appear to be chatting it up while he was on the sideline.

To me, a nice passive aggressive way of letting coach know you are ready to go would have been to have your helmet on and be seen tossing warm-up throws.

Instead he chilled with his baseball hat on while Dobbs sucked ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7563
955876 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelPowerful wrote:


I do not have an axe to grind at all. Follow the argument. Ben is a piece of work mentally. He is the same as Brown and Bell - a fucking ego maniac but a passive aggressive one. He is not worth it. He was successful when there were stronger leaders on this team. There is now a void and he has taken the place as leader. Like it or not the QB is a position of leadership and Ben fails badly at it. And Tomlin lets all these bastards away with the shit they do.

After we extend him be prepared for gaudy stats and no rings no matter who the coach will be.

And yes I blame Ben for that Raiders game. If you're a leader you go to your coach and tell him to put you back in.


How do we know he didn't tell Tomlin that?


He might have said something. Sure.

However, I was at the game and Ben didn’t come out after half until the 3rd quarter had already started. When he came out he had a baseball hat on and was not standing anywhere near Tomlin.

He also did not toss a single warm-up throw prior to coming back in. And this coming after the extended halftime where he wasn’t back for a part of the third.

Now it didn’t impact him as he led team right down the field for a score. So not doing so wasn’t detrimental to his performance.

So again though, he might have said something to Tomlin but if he did it would have had to have been in passing or in lockeroom because the two did not appear to be chatting it up while he was on the sideline.

To me, a nice passive aggressive way of letting coach know you are ready to go would have been to have your helmet on and be seen tossing warm-up throws.

Instead he chilled with his baseball hat on while Dobbs sucked ass.

The TV cameras showed Ben coming out of the locker room during the third quarter, then showed him soon after, helmet in hand talking to the guy wearing the aviators. Now maybe they were talking about what topping they were getting on their pizza after the game, or maybe Tomlin was telling Ben about his flow, but they were in fact talking. So there’s that...

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4671
I’m not making the claim he didn’t speak to Tomlin.

I’m simply stating after Ben came back out he was on the sideline wearing a baseball hat and nowhere near Tomlin. This during at least two of Dobbs clusterfuck drives.

The clip you saw on TV, was that before or after the Raiders took the lead? Because as soon as they did that is when Ben helmeted up.

So my observation still valid. Ben came from locker room and stood with ball cap on. He wasn’t next to Tomlin.

As soon as Oakland took the lead was when I first noticed Ben stirring and him chatting with Tomlin.

Obviously lots of people on the sideline and I didn’t stare exclusively at Ben the entire time. I’m sure words were exchanged. I dont think that is the debate, it’s when those words occurred.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7563
955876 wrote:
I’m not making the claim he didn’t speak to Tomlin.

I’m simply stating after Ben came back out he was on the sideline wearing a baseball hat and nowhere near Tomlin. This during at least two of Dobbs clusterfuck drives.

The clip you saw on TV, was that before or after the Raiders took the lead? Because as soon as they did that is when Ben helmeted up.

So my observation still valid. Ben came from locker room and stood with ball cap on. He wasn’t next to Tomlin.

As soon as Oakland took the lead was when I first noticed Ben stirring and him chatting with Tomlin.

Obviously lots of people on the sideline and I didn’t stare exclusively at Ben the entire time. I’m sure words were exchanged. I dont think that is the debate, it’s when those words occurred.

Like I said, they showed him coming out of th3 locker room, then moments later next to Tomlin with his helmet in hand. It appeared...emphasize appeared, that he was ready to go back in. Obviously, I have no idea what the conversation was. But IIRC, at the time the Steelers were still clinging to the lead.
We have a QB that had his nose splattered all over his face, went to the sideline, had it put back in place, and was back under center a few plays later. Lead the team on a playoff game winning drive with his throwing arm basically hanging from his shoulder. This guy has played hurt and even injured many times, sometimes against better judgment. Ben has his issues, but how anyone that has been a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and has watched the guys entire career can question his toughness and desire to play and win, (not to suggest that is what you’re doing 955876) is mind boggling to me.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4671
I’m definitely not questioning his toughness. Real answer here is likley that Tomlin seriously planned on milking that 4 point lead with Dobbs the rest of the afternoon.

Then as soon as Raiders took the lead he lead Ben come back in.

One of Timlin’s biggest faults is not being able to look at a situation and do any type of projecting.

It’s almost as if he didn’t realize why that Raider game was a must win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7563
Quote:
One of Timlin’s biggest faults is not being able to look at a situation and do any type of projecting.

No doubt.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
This was another Tomlin mistake and it cost us the game and playoff spot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10813
Where do I rank among the top Ben complainers on the board? Gotta be top 10. I think this thread is a joke.

As for Washington, yes, Ben assaholically threw him under the bus on his radio show.

The same Ben when asked by Fichnter to whom do you want to throw deep in the Bengals game that has to be won and shit is by a thread says Washington and then praises Washington to the moon after the game.

Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
Still Lit wrote:
Where do I rank among the top Ben complainers on the board? Gotta be top 10. I think this thread is a joke.

As for Washington, yes, Ben assaholically threw him under the bus on his radio show.

The same Ben when asked by Fichnter to whom do you want to throw deep in the Bengals game that has to be won and shit is by a thread says Washington and then praises Washington to the moon after the game.

Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.


SPOT ON


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:36 pm
Posts: 218
Nick79 wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
he has two SB the most since our LAST SB QB way back in 1979.
ok so who do you go with ?

BTW you never replied to what tomlin told the press after the raider game ?

I guess you enjoyed the years between Bradshaw and BEN


I believe that 2 SBs is tied for the most by any QB since Aikman, other than Brady.

Eli has two as well. Still makes them both tied, just pointing that out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 312
Quote:
Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.



This game of football has never been just about talent. Ask your boy Dan Marino.

You should use common sense to consider what it would be like for a rookie to be called out in the media especially an individual like Washington. If he had confidence issues, that sure as hell did not help. And Washington seems like he has sense. He is not going to tell anyone outside of that locker room what he really thinks of the franchise QB. So you want me to ask him what he thinks of Ben? :lol: Come on now. I would bet my bottom dollar though that after that nonsense with Ben he preferred catching passes from his homie from back in the day (Rudolph).

It is about intangibles and the Steelers with Ben simply do not have them. Ben is a major part of the problem. In the end, people believe what they want to believe. What evidence do I have for my opinion? The Steelers have not had playoff success for almost this entire decade (with Ben at the helm) - seeing the AFC Championship game only twice with all that talent. You cannot pin that all on one person. If Brady were on this team, he would be urging Rooney to put Tomlin out on the street. From all indications, Ben would never do that to Tomlin. Ben seems complacent to come in second while Tomlin seems lost. This team is in a form of rebuild, particularly the offense. Munchak is gone and Brown is on the way out. Losing Munchak is like losing a franchise player. He has made all the difference for Ben. There is nothing but homerism and fear in this thread.

Call it what you want but these Steelers are done. The window has closed as there are new threats on the block and the Patriots have another 2-3 years in them. Brady is hungry as if he has never won a ring. Amazing. You might as well rebuild this team from the ground up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
so it just Ben fault for the non success what about the other players or lack of talent or maybe your famous leader


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1660
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:
Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.



This game of football has never been just about talent. Ask your boy Dan Marino.

You should use common sense to consider what it would be like for a rookie to be called out in the media especially an individual like Washington. If he had confidence issues, that sure as hell did not help. And Washington seems like he has sense. He is not going to tell anyone outside of that locker room what he really thinks of the franchise QB. So you want me to ask him what he thinks of Ben? :lol: Come on now. I would bet my bottom dollar though that after that nonsense with Ben he preferred catching passes from his homie from back in the day (Rudolph).

It is about intangibles and the Steelers with Ben simply do not have them. Ben is a major part of the problem. In the end, people believe what they want to believe. What evidence do I have for my opinion? The Steelers have not had playoff success for almost this entire decade (with Ben at the helm) - seeing the AFC Championship game only twice with all that talent. You cannot pin that all on one person. If Brady were on this team, he would be urging Rooney to put Tomlin out on the street. From all indications, Ben would never do that to Tomlin. Ben seems complacent to come in second while Tomlin seems lost. This team is in a form of rebuild, particularly the offense. Munchak is gone and Brown is on the way out. Losing Munchak is like losing a franchise player. He has made all the difference for Ben. There is nothing but homerism and fear in this thread.

Call it what you want but these Steelers are done. The window has closed as there are new threats on the block and the Patriots have another 2-3 years in them. Brady is hungry as if he has never won a ring. Amazing. You might as well rebuild this team from the ground up.


All that talent? Sick of how everybody mentions how talented we are.

Let’s get this straight...we have talent on offense, we do not have much on defense. Unless it was a play made by Joe Haden, who else made splash plays on defense like we did on offense this past year? Vince Williams in a blowout? This coach, a defensive one, hasn’t done shit on the defensive side of the ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4671
Quote:
This coach, a defensive one, hasn’t done shit on the defensive side of the ball.


Well that’s simply not true at all.

He did in fact take what was a pretty damn good defense with players he predominantly enherited from Cowher and turn it into a toothless joke of a defense that doesn’t scare anyone.

So there is that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8948
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:
Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.



This game of football has never been just about talent. Ask your boy Dan Marino.

You should use common sense to consider what it would be like for a rookie to be called out in the media especially an individual like Washington. If he had confidence issues, that sure as hell did not help. And Washington seems like he has sense. He is not going to tell anyone outside of that locker room what he really thinks of the franchise QB. So you want me to ask him what he thinks of Ben? :lol: Come on now. I would bet my bottom dollar though that after that nonsense with Ben he preferred catching passes from his homie from back in the day (Rudolph).

It is about intangibles and the Steelers with Ben simply do not have them. Ben is a major part of the problem. In the end, people believe what they want to believe. What evidence do I have for my opinion? The Steelers have not had playoff success for almost this entire decade (with Ben at the helm) - seeing the AFC Championship game only twice with all that talent. You cannot pin that all on one person. If Brady were on this team, he would be urging Rooney to put Tomlin out on the street. From all indications, Ben would never do that to Tomlin. Ben seems complacent to come in second while Tomlin seems lost. This team is in a form of rebuild, particularly the offense. Munchak is gone and Brown is on the way out. Losing Munchak is like losing a franchise player. He has made all the difference for Ben. There is nothing but homerism and fear in this thread.

Call it what you want but these Steelers are done. The window has closed as there are new threats on the block and the Patriots have another 2-3 years in them. Brady is hungry as if he has never won a ring. Amazing. You might as well rebuild this team from the ground up.

We don't need to blow evetrything up, we just need to patch the holes.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8948
Hinestuff wrote:
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:
Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.



This game of football has never been just about talent. Ask your boy Dan Marino.

You should use common sense to consider what it would be like for a rookie to be called out in the media especially an individual like Washington. If he had confidence issues, that sure as hell did not help. And Washington seems like he has sense. He is not going to tell anyone outside of that locker room what he really thinks of the franchise QB. So you want me to ask him what he thinks of Ben? :lol: Come on now. I would bet my bottom dollar though that after that nonsense with Ben he preferred catching passes from his homie from back in the day (Rudolph).

It is about intangibles and the Steelers with Ben simply do not have them. Ben is a major part of the problem. In the end, people believe what they want to believe. What evidence do I have for my opinion? The Steelers have not had playoff success for almost this entire decade (with Ben at the helm) - seeing the AFC Championship game only twice with all that talent. You cannot pin that all on one person. If Brady were on this team, he would be urging Rooney to put Tomlin out on the street. From all indications, Ben would never do that to Tomlin. Ben seems complacent to come in second while Tomlin seems lost. This team is in a form of rebuild, particularly the offense. Munchak is gone and Brown is on the way out. Losing Munchak is like losing a franchise player. He has made all the difference for Ben. There is nothing but homerism and fear in this thread.

Call it what you want but these Steelers are done. The window has closed as there are new threats on the block and the Patriots have another 2-3 years in them. Brady is hungry as if he has never won a ring. Amazing. You might as well rebuild this team from the ground up.


All that talent? Sick of how everybody mentions how talented we are.

Let’s get this straight...we have talent on offense, we do not have much on defense.


THANK you. Some people seem to look solely at the QB position or maybe other positions on offense as well and decide this team is so talented. The defensive talent has been lacking for a long long time now, and we're not going anywhere until we fix it.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4795
Poltargyst wrote:
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:
Hey SteelPowerful, why don’t you PM Washington and ask him what he thinks of Ben?

I agree Ben is not a natural leader and probably is a passive aggressive dick at times (I have zero proof), but the notion that we cannot win another SB with his talent strikes me as a special kind of stubborn on your part.

Tomlin, not Ben, is the primary issue.



This game of football has never been just about talent. Ask your boy Dan Marino.

You should use common sense to consider what it would be like for a rookie to be called out in the media especially an individual like Washington. If he had confidence issues, that sure as hell did not help. And Washington seems like he has sense. He is not going to tell anyone outside of that locker room what he really thinks of the franchise QB. So you want me to ask him what he thinks of Ben? :lol: Come on now. I would bet my bottom dollar though that after that nonsense with Ben he preferred catching passes from his homie from back in the day (Rudolph).

It is about intangibles and the Steelers with Ben simply do not have them. Ben is a major part of the problem. In the end, people believe what they want to believe. What evidence do I have for my opinion? The Steelers have not had playoff success for almost this entire decade (with Ben at the helm) - seeing the AFC Championship game only twice with all that talent. You cannot pin that all on one person. If Brady were on this team, he would be urging Rooney to put Tomlin out on the street. From all indications, Ben would never do that to Tomlin. Ben seems complacent to come in second while Tomlin seems lost. This team is in a form of rebuild, particularly the offense. Munchak is gone and Brown is on the way out. Losing Munchak is like losing a franchise player. He has made all the difference for Ben. There is nothing but homerism and fear in this thread.

Call it what you want but these Steelers are done. The window has closed as there are new threats on the block and the Patriots have another 2-3 years in them. Brady is hungry as if he has never won a ring. Amazing. You might as well rebuild this team from the ground up.

We don't need to blow evetrything up, we just need to patch the holes.

I am ok with patch because I think Mason is going to be good but they need to patch with playmaker especially in FA and not bargain bins


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben's Contract Extension Talks Begin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8948
steelmann58 wrote:
I am ok with patch because I think Mason is going to be good but they need to patch with playmaker especially in FA and not bargain bins

Hope so. Scrunge has me all excited we're going to make some noise in free agency this year.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Still Lit, Stillcajun and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group