It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:35 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Steeledge,

:roll:
Still Lit wrote:
First, nowhere in my post do I endorse BLM. I wrote that but you decided to ignore it.

I never ignored that you said you didn't endorse it.
I just pointed out that you attempted to justify it with a weak and doublespoke argument.

Surprised one so obviously well educated would confuse one with the other, but I digress...
Still Lit wrote:
Second, you just equated a self titled group with another group with a different title and then proceded to pretend they are the same.

Black Israelites, Hebrew Israelites, Black Hebrew Israelites, African Hebrew Israelites...
They are all very closely and historically tied, and their "evangelism" nearly identical.
Surprised one so obviously well read missed that, but again I digress...
Still Lit wrote:
Third, if you want to undercut BLM, you don’t blather at them that all lives matter, which they already grant, you show that African American lives are in fact not less valued by police and institutions.

I personally know several state, county, and municipal police officers from varying and disparate racial backgrounds.
The current, near universal message they tell, the one that's endorsed, mandated, and closely regulated by the institutions for which they lay their lives on the line every day, is that all lives matter.
Yet folks championing BLM will contradict and shout over that message with their own incendiary calls...
Things like "Hands down, shoot back!" at city council meetings...
Messages that they're never held accountable for when others hear and respond to instead of the messages coming from the institutions you speak of, because trying to hold such messengers accountable would be political suicide...
But when others hear that counter-message and take it the next step and commit heinous evil against honest men and women just trying to do their job, it becomes a tragic lose-lose situation...
...a situation that occurs way too frequently in modern society...

What could I possibly do to "show that African American lives are in fact not less valued by police and institutions" when the BLM crowd will only shout over, contradict, and refuse to hear the current messages coming directly from those institutions?!

Maybe post my feelings in a related thread in a public forum?

Alas, as has been pointed out ad nauseum, people will hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe...
Still Lit wrote:
Fourth, try some brevity in your posts. That will expose some of your bullshit, but it will at least force you actually to articulate an argument.

Patronizing condescension from one so obviously well read and educated should be surprising, but surprisingly it's not...

Again, I digress...

So, those weirdo groups are not BLM franchises as far as I know, so you did not actually show they apply to my post. The catch phrases of BLM protests you quoted do not indicate that the protestors think all lives do not matter. Finally, pointing out intent is not the same as justifying the position of the holder of the intent. You ironically accuse of failing to grasp a point but you’re the dumb fuk who thinks explaining a position is the same thing as trying to justify it. Double speak my ass.

Yes, you do digress. I totally agree.

See how easy it is to be concise without being full of shit? Give it a try.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 pm 

R S wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
They're not celebrating the abortions themselves. Like I said, there can be horrible outcomes if abortion is not available, and now abortion will be available in NY regardless of the Supreme Court and THAT--the avoidance of the horrible outcomes without abortion--is what they're celebrating.

That didn't answer my question. Would you agree that a horrible outcome would also include a perfectly healthy fetus being killed at 7-8-9 months of pregnancy?

Yes. The point is nobody's going to abort a perfectly healthy baby in the third trimester.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:33 am 

Woke. LMFAO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
R S wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
They're not celebrating the abortions themselves. Like I said, there can be horrible outcomes if abortion is not available, and now abortion will be available in NY regardless of the Supreme Court and THAT--the avoidance of the horrible outcomes without abortion--is what they're celebrating.

That didn't answer my question. Would you agree that a horrible outcome would also include a perfectly healthy fetus being killed at 7-8-9 months of pregnancy?

Yes. The point is nobody's going to abort a perfectly healthy baby in the third trimester.

Is it illegal to do so? That was my original question. I honestly couldnt find a solid answer. If its not illegal then you're highly underestimating people. I give you Kermit Gosnell. He was not forcing women to abort babies. But he gladly did the job. So the precedent has been set.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:18 pm 

R S wrote:
Is it illegal to do so? That was my original question. I honestly couldnt find a solid answer. If its not illegal then you're highly underestimating people. I give you Kermit Gosnell. He was not forcing women to abort babies. But he gladly did the job. So the precedent has been set.
So your contention is that restrict the freedoms of the many in order to keep in check the few.

Got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:40 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
So your contention is that restrict the freedoms of the many in order to keep in check the few.

Got it.

"Freedoms"?
To murder an innocent, defenseless baby, regardless of whether or not it poses any threat to its "choosy" mother?!

Got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:28 pm 

Why try to argue it Steeledge??

These are the same people that will tell you a wall is “inhumane” but will cheer like giddy 12 year old girls at a Bieber concert when full term abortions are allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:36 pm 

It's obvious neither one of you know anything about what the law is, how it's used, or what it's intended consequences are. And more importantly, the data.

You see what you want to see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 pm 

Don’t be a tool. You are easily duped if you think these things are merely there to help that one woman out there with some sort of random medical issue where her life may be in danger.

Are women dieing in mass out there because the law prevented a full term abortion?

Not likley dude. If it was occurring, it would most definitely be highlighted and used to advance an agenda.

And in those cases of extreme circumstance do you really think a woman doesn’t have any medical options? She just has to struggle along at the risk of her own life?

And the bill Virginia was just trying to pass included the language “for the mothers mental health” as a validating reason.

That’s not a medical emergency. That’s what you would call a loop hole.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:45 pm 

nevermind

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:58 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

What's your opinion on gun control?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
nevermind

Correct choice. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
nevermind

Correct choice. :lol:

Indeed.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:28 pm 

Nice job classy lady.
Not one single deplorable on a knee.

Still a beautiful voice.
74 years old.

Go Rams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:58 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Nice job classy lady.
Not one single deplorable on a knee.

Still a beautiful voice.
74 years old.

Go Rams.

Hey, she's younger than Mick Jagger!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:05 pm 

It was decent. Different, certainly pretty good. Not memorable for me, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:

Got it.

Yes. I'd like to restrict the legality of killing a fetus at 8.5 months for things like "mothers mental health" no matter how few mother fuckers wanna do it! Wow man. Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 am 

44LetzRide wrote:
Steeledge wrote:
44LetzRide wrote:
Dylan Roof shoots up a church in S. Carolina and he is arrested with no violence at all. A whte man and his son were under investigation is S. Carolina for child molestation. When the police arrived to serve a warrant, they were fired upon. One policeman died on the scene, and another officer lost her life weeks later in the hospital. from her wounds. The man and his son were arrested without being shot. However, many black people who don't make a millions have been brutalized an killed by cops. And the punishment for these cops? Very often, administrative leave, and not much else.

These isolated incidents prove what?
Say it again: Selective Outrage.

Would you have been satisfied if Mr. Roof died in a shootout?
Or, what if more than 2 deputies attempted to serve that warrant, or even if the 2 that were caught unawares had any clue that they were walking into an ambush?
You think they wouldn't have returned fire?
Because I guarantee they would have, and if they killed the child molesting mother fucker, I also guarantee they'd have gotten the same "administrative leave" you bemoan...

I guarantee either scenario could have been the case, but you want to pick and choose what to "expose" and make it about race.

Shame on you, asshole! :evil:

There are many great police officers around this country who honorably protect and server their communities. In Florence, there were 7 officers shot while serving the warrant.
Isolated? Apparently you don't watch the news.
What do they prove? Kaepernick's protest was more than legitimate. If police can arrest violent white criminals without killing them, then they can certainly arrest nonviolent black suspects without killing them
Would you have been satisfied if Mr. Roof died in a shootout? This question reveals who and what you are. No, I would be satisfied if police did not use deadly force on people when it is NOT warranted - especially when it's clear to see that people of color are most often the ones who end up dead. Deadly force is necessary sometimes - I recognize that. One of these "isolated" incidents is too many. Those of us who truly care about this country recognize that no matter what race, every life is equally important. I'm part of a long line of men who defended this country in the armed forces - personally served in the US Army. I'm a man who loves his country. With the smallest amount of objectivity, anyone can see the police brutality is disproportionate. What's even worse, is the consequences for those acts don't deter it.

In Toronto about 2 weeks ago, a guy was threatening cops with a knife, and lunged and attempted to stab them on a few separate occasions. They could not safely get close enough for a taser so they shot him...... with bean bags, dude went down, handcuffed. Last year when the crazy dude in Toronto ran over several people with a van (killing a few) they cornered him on a side street, it was clear he wanted death by cop, jumped out of the van had something in his hand looking like a gun and walked right at the cop threatening to shoot him, but the cop did not fire he held his spot behind his car door, gun aimed at the perp and eventually got him handcuffed.

On you tube there are many video's of British cops (men and women) taking very violent machete, hammer, wielding maniacs down without a gun, using guile and protective devices to thwart the danger.

I know more than 50% of the people on this site (representative of the US overall population) would all be absolutely comfortable with any and all of those perps I mentioned being slaughtered in a hail of bullets. I have read it too many times. I have seen the black guy who is wanted for failure to pay child support, run away at a traffic stop and get shot multiple times in the back, and people say "he should not have run and should have paid his child support, fuckin dead beat". We have all seen too many of these executions, almost always people of colour. Its beyond deplorable

The USA is a very violent culture, with a higher rate of systemic racism, than any other DEVELOPED country in the world. Go ahead clutch your pearls but if you have the opportunity to look at it from the outside looking in like me it is very obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 am 

I thought Gladys sounded good, but the accompanying music was not very complementary in my opinion. Could have done without it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am 

955876 wrote:

These are the same people that will tell you a wall is “inhumane” but will cheer like giddy 12 year old girls at a Bieber concert when full term abortions are allowed.

wow; this a football thread? lol

oh the same anti abortion folks who praise the life at conception. who when child is born don't give a rats ass what becomes of it? who don't give a shit about the foster care programs in shambles?
who want the safety nets gone? and want to incarcerate and murder the same children when grown up with bogus drug laws and death penalty? interesting folks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 am 

All I can say is the partisan media has done its job when relatively bright people here argue without facts.

Sad, really.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 pm 

Quote:
bogus drug laws and death penalty? i

So are you claiming all drug laws are bogus or just some of them? Hell, maybe we can do away with the DEA along with ICE and DHS. That’ll certainly solve lots of problems right?

And you do realize those that land on death row have typically done/been accused of some heinous shit.

Last edited by 955876 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm 

bam morris wrote:
955876 wrote:

oh the same anti abortion folks who praise the life at conception. who when child is born don't give a rats ass what becomes of it? who don't give a shit about the foster care programs in shambles?
who want the safety nets gone? and want to incarcerate and murder the same children when grown up with bogus drug laws and death penalty? interesting folks.
Have you read "Freakonomics?"

In it they attempt to explain why crime rates fell so drastically from the 70's to the aughts : Roe v Wade.

Because most of the women that couldn't get abortions were not parenting. They'd have 4 kids and were living in poverty with no hope, so they turned to crime. After abortions were made legal, those neglected kids were never born. At least it's their explanation based on the statistics they presented and connected the dots.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
All I can say is the partisan media has done its job when relatively bright people here argue without facts.

Sad, really.

You see many arguments in this thread? I don't! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
955876 wrote:

Have you read "Freakonomics?"

In it they attempt to explain why crime rates fell so drastically from the 70's to the aughts : Roe v Wade.

Because most of the women that couldn't get abortions were not parenting. They'd have 4 kids and were living in poverty with no hope, so they turned to crime. After abortions were made legal, those neglected kids were never born. At least it's their explanation based on the statistics they presented and connected the dots.

Well that’s certainly one way to look at it. Maybe we can come up with a program to off some of the would be parents as well.

Imagine what could be done to the crime rate then...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next