It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5428
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
955876 wrote:
Why try to argue it Steeledge??

These are the same people that will tell you a wall is “inhumane” but will cheer like giddy 12 year old girls at a Bieber concert when full term abortions are allowed.


Wow, this has definitely moved on from the Pips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24770
Still Lit wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
All I can say is the partisan media has done its job when relatively bright people here argue without facts.

Sad, really.


You see many arguments in this thread? I don't! ;)


By argue I mean declare that what you believe is so.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10999
Did anyone catch that Mike Patton had been slated to sing the anthem for the Cowboys Rams play off game?!

Unfortunately, he got super sick the day of the game and had to back out.

Now THAT I would have LOVED to hear.

Big shout out to 1992! :lol:


_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
bam morris wrote:
955876 wrote:
Why try to argue it Steeledge??

These are the same people that will tell you a wall is “inhumane” but will cheer like giddy 12 year old girls at a Bieber concert when full term abortions are allowed.


wow; this a football thread? lol

oh the same anti abortion folks who praise the life at conception. who when child is born don't give a rats ass what becomes of it? who don't give a shit about the foster care programs in shambles?
who want the safety nets gone? and want to incarcerate and murder the same children when grown up with bogus drug laws and death penalty? interesting folks.


Children suffer; therefore, killing innocent human beings is justified. Is that what you're saying? That's quite the non-sequitur

And your assertion that those who oppose full term abortions, oppose quality foster care and the health of a child is a joke with no evidence.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
R S wrote:
And your assertion that those who oppose full term abortions, oppose quality foster care and the health of a child is a joke with no evidence.
You mean like suggesting the abortion laws in NY means everybody who gets an abortion after 26 weeks is a murderer who simply changed their minds?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
And your assertion that those who oppose full term abortions, oppose quality foster care and the health of a child is a joke with no evidence.
You mean like suggesting the abortion laws in NY means everybody who gets an abortion after 26 weeks is a murderer who simply changed their minds?


If the baby is healthy and viable, then yes, that is my assertion.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
R S wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
And your assertion that those who oppose full term abortions, oppose quality foster care and the health of a child is a joke with no evidence.
You mean like suggesting the abortion laws in NY means everybody who gets an abortion after 26 weeks is a murderer who simply changed their minds?


If the baby is healthy and viable, then yes, that is my assertion.
People who perform abortions have publicly stated that they have never done an abortion past 26 weeks that wasn't medically prescribed, yet that's all you guys can talk about. That's all you say, that's all you think it allows. Where is your evidence?

Further, evidence of what Bam Morris said is in the GOP party platform to dissolve all "entitlement" programs from the federal government and handing the cash over to the military, corporations, and millionaires.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
All people who perform abortions? All of them? maybe you should do some more research. There are bad people in every profession. So there should be a law making it illegal to kill a healthy fetus in the 3rd trimester. it's never medically necessary to kill a 38 week old fetus to save the mother. It may be medically necessary to induce early delivery or remove a LIVING baby from the mother. But never to snuff out the life of the baby. Unless you think medical necessity is depression and anxiety in the mother.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
R S wrote:
All people who perform abortions? All of them? maybe you should do some more research. There are bad people in every profession. So there should be a law making it illegal to kill a healthy fetus in the 3rd trimester. it's never medically necessary to kill a 38 week old fetus to save the mother. It may be medically necessary to induce early delivery or remove a LIVING baby from the mother. But never to snuff out the life of the baby. Unless you think medical necessity is depression and anxiety in the mother.
Ah, so you're an MD? Where do you practice medicine?

I actually think you should do some research, and stop watching fauxnooz. But I do agree that there are bad people in every profession. I guess any cop that shoots an unarmed person should go to jail, without trial, right? Take their guns away because someone might get killed. Or how about half of industry that pours carcinogens into the environment that causes deaths and cancer?

You can't bend morals to fit your ideology. Conservative principles are situational and amazingly flexible.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
All people who perform abortions? All of them? maybe you should do some more research. There are bad people in every profession. So there should be a law making it illegal to kill a healthy fetus in the 3rd trimester. it's never medically necessary to kill a 38 week old fetus to save the mother. It may be medically necessary to induce early delivery or remove a LIVING baby from the mother. But never to snuff out the life of the baby. Unless you think medical necessity is depression and anxiety in the mother.
Ah, so you're an MD? Where do you practice medicine?

I actually think you should do some research, and stop watching fauxnooz. But I do agree that there are bad people in every profession. I guess any cop that shoots an unarmed person should go to jail, without trial, right? Take their guns away because someone might get killed. Or how about half of industry that pours carcinogens into the environment that causes deaths and cancer?

You can't bend morals to fit your ideology. Conservative principles are situational and amazingly flexible.


Are you comparing pollution to snipping the spinal cord of viable fetus at full term? more non-sequitur bullshit. holy shit.


PS: find me a situation where killing a healthy full term fetus will save the mother's life. I'll check in for your findings.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
R S wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
All people who perform abortions? All of them? maybe you should do some more research. There are bad people in every profession. So there should be a law making it illegal to kill a healthy fetus in the 3rd trimester. it's never medically necessary to kill a 38 week old fetus to save the mother. It may be medically necessary to induce early delivery or remove a LIVING baby from the mother. But never to snuff out the life of the baby. Unless you think medical necessity is depression and anxiety in the mother.
Ah, so you're an MD? Where do you practice medicine?

I actually think you should do some research, and stop watching fauxnooz. But I do agree that there are bad people in every profession. I guess any cop that shoots an unarmed person should go to jail, without trial, right? Take their guns away because someone might get killed. Or how about half of industry that pours carcinogens into the environment that causes deaths and cancer?

You can't bend morals to fit your ideology. Conservative principles are situational and amazingly flexible.


Are you comparing pollution to snipping the spinal cord of viable fetus at full term? more non-sequitur bullshit. holy shit.


PS: find me a situation where killing a healthy full term fetus will save the mother's life. I'll check in for your findings.
You keep saying viable fetus. This is about either 1, a non viable fetus, or 2, a threat to the mother. Why is that so hard to understand?

You're turning an issue that's filled with gray into black and white. On purpose to fit the narrative. But I'm done here trying to dispel the conservative alternate reality.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
I've never argued that a non-viable fetus should be forced into full term. Never once. From the beginning, my question was the grey area that these bills give for the potential abortion of a perfectly viable fetus @ 28-40 weeks.

Let's debate the threat to the mother? in what way, does killing a healthy baby improve the health of the mother? Maybe her mental health would improve?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24770
There simply are not that many abortions performed beyond 21 weeks.

It’s estimated maybe 600 are performed a year...fully 80% of them because of non-viability/abnormality.

This idea that there’s going to be huge demand for late term abortions is nowhere borne out by fact.

So it’s a moral outrage argument solely for being morally outraged.

Which is dumb.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9110
I do not for one minute belive that the purpose of these abortion laws is to allow women to terminate perfectly healthy babies for no particular reason. But I will say that the proponents of these legislations could do themselves and all of us a favor by spelling things out better. I'd listen to all the objections and answer them on a Frequently Asked Questions page.

FAQ Page:

Q. As a result of this legislation will women be terminating perfectly healthy babies for no reason?

A. No, and here' s why blah blah blah....

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 6046
There are certainly situations where late term abortion should be acceptable, brain issues, choosing life or death emergency situation between mother and unborn baby, severe deformities, etc.

I am not a physician, but there also should be enough medical information, tests, blood work, scans, sonograms, family history, chromosome mismatches, MRI's if they do on pregnant women, etc..........that should help determine if a baby should be aborted before the third term, if not much earlier in the pregnancy.

With that being said, and understanding both sides of the debate.......

How does Virginia’s Governor Ralph Northam justify his comments below.................speaking of an abortion that either went bad or the child was delivered before the abortion.
What is he speaking of discussing with the physicians and mother about the newborn baby? Euthanasia? Pillow smothering?

Quote:
"In this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen," he continued. "The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."


Between this thought process and his black face scandal, how does Northam still sit in the Governors Mansion.


_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58
"Somewhere there's an albatross wearing a locket of Tomlin around his neck." Old School Steeler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
Jeemie wrote:
There simply are not that many abortions performed beyond 21 weeks.

It’s estimated maybe 600 are performed a year...fully 80% of them because of non-viability/abnormality.

This idea that there’s going to be huge demand for late term abortions is nowhere borne out by fact.

So it’s a moral outrage argument solely for being morally outraged.

Which is dumb.


Ok 600 a year. 80% non-viable fetus.....so 120 were aborted why??? So fuck it, only 120 perfectly healthy 3rd tri baby's were killed.......uh? You don't think that's a reason to remove the grey area's of these bills? 120 lives?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24770
Poltargyst wrote:
I do not for one minute belive that the purpose of these abortion laws is to allow women to terminate perfectly healthy babies for no particular reason. But I will say that the proponents of these legislations could do themselves and all of us a favor by spelling things out better. I'd listen to all the objections and answer them on a Frequently Asked Questions page.

FAQ Page:

Q. As a result of this legislation will women be terminating perfectly healthy babies for no reason?

A. No, and here' s why blah blah blah....


For the most part, they do.

But when people decide to listen to one type of media (and thus bias online algorithms into serving them up even MORE of such media), they won’t hear these explanations.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24770
R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
There simply are not that many abortions performed beyond 21 weeks.

It’s estimated maybe 600 are performed a year...fully 80% of them because of non-viability/abnormality.

This idea that there’s going to be huge demand for late term abortions is nowhere borne out by fact.

So it’s a moral outrage argument solely for being morally outraged.

Which is dumb.


Ok 600 a year. 80% non-viable fetus.....so 120 were aborted why??? So fuck it, only 120 perfectly healthy 3rd tri baby's were killed.......uh? You don't think that's a reason to remove the grey area's of these bills? 120 lives?


Who knows what happened in those 120? You made a rather large assumption there.

And the laws created no gray areas. The laws were being changed on the off-chance a right-leaning SCOTUS eventually decides to overturn Roe v Wade.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Last edited by Jeemie on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5048
The mods should abort this thread

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
Jeemie wrote:
The laws were being changed on the off-chance a right-leaning SCOTUS eventually decides to overturn Roe v Wade.
It's not so much an off- chance considering how Kavanaugh just voted on the issue. I'm guessing R S would be perfectly happy banning abortion altogether, though. Even before 26 weeks.

One report detailed the case of a woman that didn't know, or the deformity (I think it had a non functioning brain) didn't appear until the 30th or 31st week. The law prevented her, so she had to travel to another state to have it performed. It cost her something like $10K with travel etc. Traumatized twice. What happens if you don't have the money?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10999
Donnie Brasco wrote:
The mods should abort this thread


I'd still like to hear Mike Patton sing the national anthem, though.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
There simply are not that many abortions performed beyond 21 weeks.

It’s estimated maybe 600 are performed a year...fully 80% of them because of non-viability/abnormality.

This idea that there’s going to be huge demand for late term abortions is nowhere borne out by fact.

So it’s a moral outrage argument solely for being morally outraged.

Which is dumb.


Ok 600 a year. 80% non-viable fetus.....so 120 were aborted why??? So fuck it, only 120 perfectly healthy 3rd tri baby's were killed.......uh? You don't think that's a reason to remove the grey area's of these bills? 120 lives?


Who knows what happened in those 120? You made a rather large assumption there.

And the laws created no gray areas. The laws were being changed on the off-chance a right-leaning SCOTUS eventually decides to overturn Roe v Wade.


When the bill states that abortions can be performed in the Third trimester if the mother's physical and MENTAL health are in jeopardy. that creates a major grey area. And I won't even mention that there is a very prominent OB who is adamant that there is no scenario he could imagine that killing a baby in the late 3rd tri would improve the chance of health for the mother. Inducing the mother for early delivery, Cesarean , yes. Killing no. Once again, I'm talking viable fetuses.

So I'll ask again, To hell with the 20% fully formed fetuses.......ok. ok. I'm aborting myself from this thread.

And no. I'm actually fine abortion. I honestly never gave two shits about it until my stomach was turned by the promotion of this shit by NY and VA. If a baby can pop out and live effortlessly on its own, I think snuffing out it's life is inhumane.

And Cor-Ten, since you're making guesses about what I would be happy or unhappy about, I'll make a guess about you.

You probably want dog kill shelters abolished but accept that if a mother is having a mental breakdown @ 35 weeks pregnant it should be her choice to kill the baby.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1031
R S wrote:
I've never argued that a non-viable fetus should be forced into full term. Never once. From the beginning, my question was the grey area that these bills give for the potential abortion of a perfectly viable fetus @ 28-40 weeks.

Let's debate the threat to the mother? in what way, does killing a healthy baby improve the health of the mother? Maybe her mental health would improve?


Omar Hamada MD put this on twitter.

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt. I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies. There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion. Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7378
Baltostiller wrote:
R S wrote:
I've never argued that a non-viable fetus should be forced into full term. Never once. From the beginning, my question was the grey area that these bills give for the potential abortion of a perfectly viable fetus @ 28-40 weeks.

Let's debate the threat to the mother? in what way, does killing a healthy baby improve the health of the mother? Maybe her mental health would improve?


Omar Hamada MD put this on twitter.

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt. I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies. There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion. Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.
Oh don't be shy. Post his website.

http://omarhamada.com/

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Other News: Gladys Knight to sing Anthem for SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1031
COR-TEN wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
R S wrote:
I've never argued that a non-viable fetus should be forced into full term. Never once. From the beginning, my question was the grey area that these bills give for the potential abortion of a perfectly viable fetus @ 28-40 weeks.

Let's debate the threat to the mother? in what way, does killing a healthy baby improve the health of the mother? Maybe her mental health would improve?


Omar Hamada MD put this on twitter.

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt. I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies. There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion. Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.
Oh don't be shy. Post his website.

http://omarhamada.com/


Your point?? Are you a board certified OB-GYN who has delivered 2500 babies?? I'll trust his opinion over yours. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Louis Lipps Service, Stlcrtn1974 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group