It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Just woke up to the news about Denver's quest for AB...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 pm 

NFL.com yeah, they just manufacture stories and such but they had a story about them offering a 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd for AB???

Sorry, but the only way I accept 'merely' a 2nd round pick and no first rounder from ANY team is if a quality starting defensive player is part of the trade.

I pointed out in another thread that the Broncos have CB Chris Harris entering the last year of his contract, he is due to make $7.8 million. They have to franchise Bradley Roby and/or sign him to a huge contract so maybe they feel it is time to move on from Harris who is 29 years old and has that high cap hit. Taking on AB's contract would be more palatable too if they shipped Harris to us.

But would CB Chris Harris and a 2nd round pick (41st overall) be enough???

Even if you add another pick say a 3rd round pick (71st overall) would that be enough???

Our draft would be like this:

Chris Harris

I am torn. I kind of suspected that teams might not want to give up a 1st round pick for Brown. It is different than Amari Cooper. Dallas didn't have to initially inherit a sizable contract when they gave up the 1st round pick, and they knew that 1st round pick might end up being a late first round pick.

We all are hoping to really fleece a team wanting AB but we might be lucky to get a first rounder for him. And I still think a new team will probably have to give AB a new contract, I think he is going to want at the very least some form of a signing bonus to sweeten the deal. And teams are looking at ABs character and mental well being too, and wondering how they will deal with that circus. The multiple picks, the fleecing is not going to be easy to pull off.

It would be nice to get the Broncos 1st round pick (10th overall) so that you could potentially get a Devin White for ILB but picking earlier in rounds 2 and 3 might still be beneficial and getting a worthy starting CB in Chris Harris to pair with Joe Haden would pay dividends immediately on defense.

So, yeah Denver, I will take less than a first round pick from you but Chris Harris or Bradley Roby has to be part of the trade. We will have more than enough cap space to pay Roby, if the Broncos don't want to sign Roby then franchise him and send him our way as part of a trade for AB along with a 2nd round pick.

Post subject: Re: Just woke up to the news about Denver's quest for AB...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:13 pm 

Antonio Brown is a sure fire HoFer, and even at his age, still the best WR and one of the best players in the league. The Steelers best get a haul for him.
The only way I take Harris and a pick(s) is if you’re assured that you can extend him. Getting a one year rental and a draft gamble or two for a top 5 player, is a deal breaker, IMO.

And I don’t get the concern over AB wanting more $$$...that’s not the Steelers concern if they move him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm 

If they are going to trade him, a bunch of teams are going to be interested. The more teams, the better the offers are going to be.

I personally think that this is all bullshit, a smokescreen to take attention away from the shortcomings of the narcissistic head coach.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm 

INthink the Steelers will get their price if really looking to trade AB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:50 pm 

I sure hope we get a great haul for AB but I have my doubts.

For me personally, trading to a team in the top 10 is crucial. I feel like to truly get a difference maker on defense, an ILB, an edge rusher, or a CB, it helps significantly if you are picking in the top 10 and have a chance to grab the top ranked player at his position.

But as usual I think this process is not going to go smoothly, I think Brown is going to make it difficult in some way. He needs to continue to stay quiet, not make any trouble, not come across as a head case or cancer. In short he needs to fool his new team into thinking that he is the missing piece for their Super Bowl championship.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 pm 

Scunge wrote:
He needs to continue to stay quiet, not make any trouble, not come across as a head case or cancer. In short he needs to fool his new team into thinking that he is the missing piece for their Super Bowl championship.

So he needs to believe it too.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 pm 

Scunge wrote:

For me personally, trading to a team in the top 10 is crucial. I feel like to truly get a difference maker on defense, an ILB, an edge rusher, or a CB, it helps significantly if you are picking in the top 10 and have a chance to grab the top ranked player at his position.

But as usual I think this process is not going to go smoothly, I think Brown is going to make it difficult in some way. He needs to continue to stay quiet, not make any trouble, not come across as a head case or cancer. In short he needs to fool his new team into thinking that he is the missing piece for their Super Bowl championship.

Name a team that’s drafting in the top ten that suddenly is a Super Bowl contender with AB.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 pm 

No fckin way do I trade AB for just a 2nd. I'd puke if dumbass Art does that. You have to get a player plus a 2nd for that to work. I like Chris Harris, but I'm worried about how many more miles he has. With Haden maybe entering the slow down portion of his career, I don't know if I want two older CBs with a lot of money tied up in them.

The Bills BADLY want weapons for Allen and there are other teams like the Raiders who would want AB to help Carr. There are definitely top 10 suitors for AB. Art 2 just has to hold his nerve and let them outbid each other.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Name a team that’s drafting in the top ten that suddenly is a Super Bowl contender with AB.

Ohhh jeemie ye of 25,000 posts
Not one but two teams picking in the top ten last year made the playoffs this year in the Bears and Colts so as a man with your massive post count knows turn around can happen fast in today’s NFL.

I’m sure Jacksonville and Denver both picking in the top 10 this year feel they have championship caliber defenses and that adding a HOF Wr could get them back to the postseason

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:28 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Now don't exaggerate, he's only got 24,250.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:01 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Not one but two teams picking in the top ten last year made the playoffs this year in the Bears and Colts so as a man with your massive post count knows turn around can happen fast in today’s NFL.

I’m sure Jacksonville and Denver both picking in the top 10 this year feel they have championship caliber defenses and that adding a HOF Wr could get them back to the postseason

No way Jax is a contender just by adding Brown. Bortles and Brown? Are you nuts?

Maybe if they got Foles (or Wentz depending on how far the Iggles go this year with Foles) but then they have no draft picks for us.

Denver has the D and Case Keenum is OK but Brown isn’t putting them over the top either.

WRs don’t put teams over the top.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 am 

I realize in that rush to reach 25,000 posts you might be prone to skim reading or maybe too much screen time as damaged your vision jeemster but I never said I believed adding AB would make the Jags contender I said they could feel that way. Subtle difference but not what I typed so perhaps lasik the way to go as you embark on your quest for 50,000 posts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 am 

Speaking of lasik. I’m considering it as a possibility in the near future. Anyone here have any experience with it?

What I’ve read has been mixed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:43 am 

955876 wrote:
Speaking of lasik. I’m considering it as a possibility in the near future. Anyone here have any experience with it?

I had it done 10 years ago, greatest decision of my life. Zero problems and 20/20 vision dumped contacts and glasses.
Plus the colors will seem to stand out more, I always recommend to people to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:58 am 

I hope the Steelers can get a first round pick, but I’m thinking if they do it would be at the very bottom of the round.

Other teams know the Steelers want to move him if they start to really pursue the trade option.
The other teams have the advantage.
They also have the risk of a 31 year old player, with a huge contract that could pull the same crap in their locker room.

I’m thinking that if he’s traded it will be for a 2nd and 4th, and maybe a player.
Peterson wants out of Arizona, and supposedly the Raiders had interest in trading Conley. But I have a feeling Mayock would pass on Brown and his bullshit.

For me if the trade includes a 2nd and a fourth, or whatever I’d still make the trade. I don’t see how you bring back a player that has done what Brown has done(just what is known who knows what else he’s done)back to a team and not expect it to be a negative situation that can only get worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 am 

Other fan bases are always going to make a trade for <great player> for a older player that is expensive and late round picks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:48 am 

Again, we’re not getting a top 10 pick for a guy who will be 31 years old next year.

You cannot project him to be the top WR in the league for the next few years. Maybe a top 5 guy at best, more like a top 10 guy. The report about two, second day picks is accurate. That is all they will fetch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 am 

I would be happy to switch first round picks and get a second round pick.

So a team in the top 10 could drop to our 20th pick and give up their 2nd round pick.

Their draft would look like this:

Antonio Brown
1st round pick (20th overall)
3rd round pick

That is not bad for a team picking in the top 10, you are still getting a first round pick, just 10-15 picks later and all you are really giving up is that 2nd round pick.

The Steelers can get maybe that ILB or edge OLB with that top 10 pick and with that early 2nd round pick they can maybe get another defensive player, a CB or whatever. And then they still have their 2nd round pick later to address WR or whatever.

Swapping picks in the first round works for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:28 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I would be happy to switch first round picks and get a second round pick.

So a team in the top 10 could drop to our 20th pick and give up their 2nd round pick.

Their draft would look like this:

Antonio Brown
1st round pick (20th overall)
3rd round pick

That is not bad for a team picking in the top 10, you are still getting a first round pick, just 10-15 picks later and all you are really giving up is that 2nd round pick.

The Steelers can get maybe that ILB or edge OLB with that top 10 pick and with that early 2nd round pick they can maybe get another defensive player, a CB or whatever. And then they still have their 2nd round pick later to address WR or whatever.

Swapping picks in the first round works for me.

As has been pointed out, Scunge, though...the signs are pointing to Antonio Brown not being willing to do what is necessary to stay woth the Steelers.

Therefore teams know we need to unload him...and their offers will be less than they otherwise might have been.

Only if a bidding war ensues will we get what you want.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm 

There's not a doubt in my mind we get a 1st + an asset (player or another pick) for AB.

The team that trades for him will have him under team control for 3 years on a fantastic deal. That's huge. Amari Cooper may be younger but he's not near the talent AB is and the Cowboys only traded for 1 and a half years of Cooper (club option for 2019, then Cooper is a UFA), and still gave up a first.

AB is one of the best WRs in the modern era still in his prime. We will and should get a great haul.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm 

CASTEELER wrote:
955876 wrote:

I had it done 10 years ago, greatest decision of my life. Zero problems and 20/20 vision dumped contacts and glasses.
Plus the colors will seem to stand out more, I always recommend to people to do it.

Thanks for input. Much appreciated...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm 

I’d be shocked if there was a trade and if there was a trade, I’d be shocked if it was a good trade :

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm 

955876 wrote:

Don't do it at the mall.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:21 pm 

Scunge, you yourself have gone over the history of this teams failures at drafting in the early rounds. What's the biggest difference between getting a 1st round pick versus a 2nd and 3rd round pick, other than the overall drafting spot? IMHO, it's gamble either way. That's why I fully agree with a (younger) proven veteran on the defensive side of the ball (secondary player) and the later round option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 pm 

The biggest taker I've heard in the rumour mill is Atlanta then Oakland.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86  Next