It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: StillerTillIDie Speaks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Name the last Lombardi winner with a me first diva at WR ? In fact name the last one with a me first diva anywhere on the roster ?

Back to OP, I'm going to dispute this one.

Michael Irvin was most definitely a diva. He stabbed a teammate in the freaking neck with a pair of scissors, for god's sake.

Jerry Rice wasn't quite as obvious but I'd put him in that category too. He had a reputation for not really wanting to be around teammates. I firmly believe that if Rice were a player in today's NFL in 2019, a lot more would be made of his attitude.

And let's not forget that both TO and Randy Moss played in Super Bowls that they narrowly lost.

TO only lost by 3 points and had 9 catches for 122 yards on a sprained ankle.
Moss only lost by 3 points with NE on a complete miracle catch by David Tyree and then lost in another Super Bowl by only 3 points with San Francisco.

So I don't think it's sensible to claim that it's not possible to win Super Bowls with a diva on your team. It has happened and has come so close in other instances that it was essentially a coin flip that it didn't.

Now, am I saying all of this because I want to keep AB? Not really. I think he's kind of forced our hand and we almost have to, unless they can smooth things over with him. If it is possible to smooth things over, I'd like to keep him, because I think we're going to be quite mediocre without him. But if he's not going to cooperate, then we don't really have a choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Name the last Lombardi winner with a me first diva at WR ? In fact name the last one with a me first diva anywhere on the roster ?

Michael Irvin was most definitely a diva. He stabbed a teammate in the freaking neck with a pair of scissors, for god's sake.

Jerry Rice wasn't quite as obvious but I'd put him in that category too. He had a reputation for not really wanting to be around teammates. I firmly believe that if Rice were a player in today's NFL in 2019, a lot more would be made of his attitude.

And let's not forget that both TO and Randy Moss played in Super Bowls that they narrowly lost.

Moss only lost by 3 points with NE on a complete miracle catch by David Tyree and then lost in another Super Bowl by only 3 points with San Francisco.

So I don't think it's sensible to claim that it's not possible to win Super Bowls with a diva on your team. It has happened and has come so close in other instances that it was essentially a coin flip that it didn't.

Now, am I saying all of this because I want to keep AB? Not really. I think he's kind of forced our hand and we almost have to, unless they can smooth things over with him. If it is possible to smooth things over, I'd like to keep him, because I think we're going to be quite mediocre without him. But if he's not going to cooperate, then we don't really have a choice.

The Patriots (when they were still terrifying) would have put up with AB and Bell’s nonsense for a nanosecond. They would have moved them, gotten whatever value they could (probably draft picks, of which they always seemed to have a stack), and moved on—redesigning their entire scheme if necessary. But then, they can torch you with lacrosse players, so there’s that. Also, I remember them keeping Brady’s uniform clean with a duct-tape OL, including UDFAs and former college wrestlers. So, I’m onboard with paying whatever is necessary for great coaching (look what it’s done for our OL play). We can then be dependent on scheme, game plan, play design, and in-game management—and less so on talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

You forgot one...an obvious one...Hines Ward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 pm 

SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I can't. I have no idea who can.

Fury and hardnosed... haven’t seen either around in ages. Maybe I can, but cant figure out how.

Unban Sir William Pitt the Elder

He was a great alias of a banned poaster

Personally I love the historical perspective he introduced in his poaste.

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

You forgot one...an obvious one...Hines Ward.

Eh Ward wasn't a diva in terms of "give me the damn ball". His issue was about wanting to be paid more. He never missed a game...he loved football too much for that to even be a consideration

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I can't. I have no idea who can.

Fury and hardnosed... haven’t seen either around in ages. Maybe I can, but cant figure out how.

Unban Sir William Pitt the Elder

He was a great alias of a banned poaster

Personally I love the historical perspective he introduced in his poaste.

Was wondering where he was. I wonder if the Captain Andrew Luck Twitter account was modeled after him.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously