It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peter King Podcast w/ Aditi Kinkabwalah
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm not sure Ben should be doing his radio show , but I don't have much of an issue with anything he said on the show. Blown WAYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion compared to his actual words and tone.

If you’re taking Aditi at her word (I personally think there’s a lot of conjecture there) then you’re not happy that one of her seemingly endless sources told her veterans in the locker room not just AB are not happy Ben calls out his teammates.

Sorry B2B I know Bens your guy but calling out your teammates on the radio and pissing off veterans in the locker room is not only poor leadership it’s yet another unnecessary distraction.

bradshaw2ben wrote:
You mean that he was confused why they didn't use the pick on an ILB or a CB? Because I felt exactly the way Ben did, and completely endorse his reaction.

To me the OTAs thing was out of character exactly because he is a very good and underrated leader.

When Aditi was describing the kind of football players/leaders Cowher had--guys who just cared so much about winning, football, and the joy of playing, she was describing Ben to a T.

Thats great B2B, and maybe its true, but a Leader openly welcomes a young player who just got drafted- especially when you are the guy he will be learning from. He doesnt publicly second guess the pick and allude to the guy not having a role on the team and not helping them get better.

Last edited by the-other-burg on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for posting! Aditi has been around Steelers for years and I remember Tomlin getting pissed at her as she was asking him tough question that the sheep Pittsburgh press corp where to chicken to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
You mean that he was confused why they didn't use the pick on an ILB or a CB? Because I felt exactly the way Ben did, and completely endorse his reaction.

To me the OTAs thing was out of character exactly because he is a very good and underrated leader.

When Aditi was describing the kind of football players/leaders Cowher had--guys who just cared so much about winning, football, and the joy of playing, she was describing Ben to a T.

Thats great B2B, and maybe its true, but a Leader openly welcomes a young player who just got drafted- especially when you are the guy he will be learning from. He doesnt publicly second guess the pick and allude to the guy not having a role on the team and not helping them get better.

He welcomed Rudolph and said he'd do whatever was necessary to help him. His reaction was about the pick being a non-defensive player, and it had nothing to do with having to mentor a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm not sure Ben should be doing his radio show , but I don't have much of an issue with anything he said on the show. Blown WAYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion compared to his actual words and tone.

If you’re taking Aditi at her word (I personally think there’s a lot of conjecture there) then you’re not happy that one of her seemingly endless sources told her veterans in the locker room not just AB are not happy Ben calls out his teammates.

Sorry B2B I know Bens your guy but calling out your teammates on the radio and pissing off veterans in the locker room is not only poor leadership it’s yet another unnecessary distraction.

He didn't really call out players. He challenged Bryant and Washington, said he was disappointed in Bell. That's pretty much it.

If guys in the locker room didn't like it, chances are they didn't hear the show, and only heard how it was reported... because that was slanted as hell to make Ben look bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

He welcomed Rudolph and said he'd do whatever was necessary to help him. His reaction was about the pick being a non-defensive player, and it had nothing to do with having to mentor a QB.

To keep this in context, we are specifically talking about Ben’s leadership. And a leader doesnt say this about a young kid who just probably had the greatest moment of his life. This is what a petty douche says.

Quote:
Maybe in the third round, you know you can get some really good football players that can help this team win now. Nothing against Mason, think he’s a great football player. I don’t know him personally, but I’m sure he’s a great kid. Umm I just don’t know how backing up or being a third, well who know where he’s going to fall on the depth chart, helps us win now, but you know that’s not my decision to make that’s on the coaches and GM and all those kind of things. If they think he can help our team, umm so be it, but I was a little surprised.”

I’m a huge Ben fan and love him as a player too- but this was lame.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

He didn't really call out players. He challenged Bryant and Washington, said he was disappointed in Bell. That's pretty much it.

If guys in the locker room didn't like it, chances are they didn't hear the show, and only heard how it was reported... because that was slanted as hell to make Ben look bad.

I agree with this.

Roethlisberger only commented on Bell after he was asked a million times about the situation and what he said was no big deal.

Remember, the o-line guys had shit tons to say about Bell and then half the team raided his locker after it was clear Bell wasn't returning.

As for what Ben said about James Washington, IT WASN'T HARSH ENOUGH. I'm a huge Washington fan, but he looked like ABSOLUTELY DOG SHIT and dove, for absolutely no reason, for a pass he should have caught in stride and scored on.

That was about the 40th Washington fuck up of the season. It was getting ludicrous. Ben simply tried to light a fire under the rookie's ass. Again, it wasn't harsh enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm 

In the end Ben needs to be as accountable as everyone else. From the equipment guys to the stadium janitors. Ben is given free days off all the time. Ben is allowed to get away with shit that others believe they're entitled to get away with too. Until this changes it will continue to devolve into a worse situation. ArtII/Tomlin, the entire team need to change the culture there in Pittsburgh or they'll be the next AFC North Division bottom feeder taking over where the stains were. Very enlightening interview. Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 pm 

Madden is right. Tomlin needs to go for the sole fact that he can’t fix this.

The Enabler can’t be the Fixer.

This can be salvaged...but not by Mike.

He’s part of the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 pm 

Sorry KC if Ben didn’t use his paid forum to publicly criticize a rookie wide receiver harshly enough for your liking. That’s what every good leader does right? Serve up a rookie to a bunch of pissed off yinzers such as yourself rather than speak to the player in house. What’ positive impact could possibly come from calling out teammates for their mistakes. You don’t hear Ramon Foster chastising Ben when he fucks up on his radio show. Veteran players agree...if we are to believe Aditi K.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:44 pm 

Seems like there are a lot of ignorant posters.

Anyone you thinks Aditi has a shred of integrity, after the countless times she’s slandered Ben on Twitters, haven’t a clue or are naive to the subject.

Aditi is a Todd Haley fangirl and has been pissed since the Steelers didn’t renew Haley’s contract. Aditi has been on a mission since, and has become a Steelers spin doctor, “it’s all Ben’s fault” whenever another player causes drama.

Aditi is a hack, brings nothing new to the forefront, has a mole inside the Steelers locker room (suspected to be DHB), and her incredulously, hateful spew towards Ben is sickening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 pm 

Stillchest wrote:

Anyone you thinks Aditi has a shred of integrity, after the countless times she’s slandered Ben on Twitters, haven’t a clue or are naive to the subject.

Aditi is a Todd Haley fangirl and has been pissed since the Steelers didn’t renew Haley’s contract. Aditi has been on a mission since, and has become a Steelers spin doctor, “it’s all Ben’s fault” whenever another player causes drama.

Aditi is a hack, brings nothing new to the forefront, has a mole inside the Steelers locker room (suspected to be DHB), and her incredulously, hateful spew towards Ben is sickening.

Where has she slandered Ben?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:59 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

Twitter

Like she’s getting paid by the word.

She’s terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 am 

I’m very worried for this franchise. To maneuver out from under any big mess almost always requires a good plan and intelligent execution. At the moment with this organization I don’t have faith in either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

She was all over Ben about how he was horrible to push Haley out––she believes Haley was the reason for their success and continued to harp on that tune right up until this year's offense was an order of magnitude better without Haley. I do think she follows the team, and I think a lot of what she said was factual... but any interpretations by her are subject to suspicion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 am 

Why does this team irritate me so much now? We used to not be that kind of team.

Tomlin has fostered a mess; I won’t say he’s gone as far as creating it, but he sure as shit hasn’t done much to wrangle these clowns in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:47 am 

I think it’s possible both Tomlin & Ben are just a bit too fat and happy. Ben has been to three SBs with two wins and Tomlin has been to a couple with a victory.

There has been a different vibe with both these guys for a few years now. Seems they enjoy all the good things that come with their position but lack the real drive and desire to stack wins and championships.

Going through the motions comes to mind. And while Ben can put up monster stats, his up and down mental lapses are one sign he’s not always as engaged as he could be.

You can hate the guy all you want but I’d challenge anyone to question Tom Brady’s desire to win every single game and championship he can before it’s all said and done.

While Ben has said he wants to pass Bradshaw, his actions don’t quite support it.

This team is done IMO. They’ll win some games and put together hot streaks but I just don’t see the Tomlin/Ben combo winning another SB.

Easier to replace a coach than a QB. Needed to get done yet head in the sand Rooney wants his precious “stability”.

As if this current mess of a team is anything but stable.

What a letdown. Ben had 3 SB appearances going on 9 seasons ago. Hasn’t sniffed one since and I’ll be shocked if he wins another.

Especially when the league is now getting stocked full of young, hungry, and very talented QBs.

Some paired with coaches that actually do know when to call a time out even.

Russ Grimm likely laughs his fat ass off every time he sees yet another Tomlin clock management fiasco.

Have never disliked the team I love so much.

All of these behind the scenes issues are finally coming to a head and helping to explain why this team does things like lose to 2 win teams.

At this point it really would not bother me at all if they fired most all the staff and traded all the highly paid and long tenured players.

Ben included.

What would it matter? I’m pretty sure any coach and QB they’d pair together could squeak out 3 playoff wins if you gave them damn near a decade.

That’s the “standard” right now anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 am 

Quote:
You can hate the guy all you want but I’d challenge anyone to question Tom Brady’s desire to win every single game and championship he can before it’s all said and done.

You mean the Tom Brady that also was on vacation while his team was at OTAs? That Tom Brady?
You want to criticize our guys, Tomlin and Ben, for how they do or don’t do things, that’s fair...but get the fuck out of here with the Brady always does it better media driven bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

You mean the Tom Brady that also was on vacation while his team was at OTAs? That Tom Brady?
You want to criticize our guys, Tomlin and Ben, for how they do or don’t do things, that’s fair...but get the fuck out of here with the Brady always does it better media driven bullshit.

Yes he had his own little drama last year that may (or may not) have lost them the Super Bowl.

And Belichick had that thing with Malcolm Butler that also probably helped them lost (who knows if that drama was related to the Brady drama?)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
The Fish rots from the head down...re: ARII

I believe she said that quote came from the top of the organization? AR2 is the top, obviously didn't come from him. Who else could she be referring to?

If quotes like that are coming from "the top", there are big problems here. It's either someone AR2 trusts and is in a high position, or its a minority owner? Or aditi's sense of "top" is exaggerated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am 

The bottom line to stillchest and all those others who think we're just naive fanboys of the drama. Ben has to lead by example. Whether he realizes it or doesn't care, his leadership in that locker room despite how good or bad sets the trend for the rest of the players. If you're not giving a shit about practices and you're taking off 1 day a week during the season you're setting that example for others to be entitled to do the same. Practices are for refining and improving your execution. Developing continuity with your teammates. How many naive fanboys would say that execution this season lacked refinement and wasn't that improved over the entirety of the season?

I guess I'm just from a different school of thought. Even if I'm not that happy about doing something I'm still out there putting in my 100%. My fellow co-workers may even feel the same about the assignment as I do. Seeing me out there regardless they are motivated/compelled to do the same. I don't know I'm not a pro athlete. I guess when you get paid millions and inherit all the notoriety of a professional athlete you lose any sense of reality and grow more entitled. That's how it looks to me right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am 

955876 wrote:
I think it’s possible both Tomlin & Ben are just a bit too fat and happy. Ben has been to three SBs with two wins and Tomlin has been to a couple with a victory.

There has been a different vibe with both these guys for a few years now. Seems they enjoy all the good things that come with their position but lack the real drive and desire to stack wins and championships.

Going through the motions comes to mind. And while Ben can put up monster stats, his up and down mental lapses are one sign he’s not always as engaged as he could be.

While Ben has said he wants to pass Bradshaw, his actions don’t quite support it.

This team is done IMO. They’ll win some games and put together hot streaks but I just don’t see the Tomlin/Ben combo winning another SB.

Easier to replace a coach than a QB. Needed to get done yet head in the sand Rooney wants his precious “stability”.

As if this current mess of a team is anything but stable.

What a letdown. Ben had 3 SB appearances going on 9 seasons ago. Hasn’t sniffed one since and I’ll be shocked if he wins another.

Especially when the league is now getting stocked full of young, hungry, and very talented QBs.

Some paired with coaches that actually do know when to call a time out even.

Russ Grimm likely laughs his fat ass off every time he sees yet another Tomlin clock management fiasco.

Have never disliked the team I love so much.

All of these behind the scenes issues are finally coming to a head and helping to explain why this team does things like lose to 2 win teams.

At this point it really would not bother me at all if they fired most all the staff and traded all the highly paid and long tenured players.

Ben included.

What would it matter? I’m pretty sure any coach and QB they’d pair together could squeak out 3 playoff wins if you gave them damn near a decade.

That’s the “standard” right now anyways.

This.

After more and more of this circus came to light it explained these losses and the slumps from time to time where the team plays like junior high instead of NFL players.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am 

Jerry Rice on AB....
Quote:
"He wants to get out," Rice said of Brown. "But this guy, he is a team player."
https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/ ... onio-brown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am 

Thinking Ben will suddenly become a leader that guys in the locker room really respect is like expecting
AB to stop being immature and childish.

Ben has some leadership attributes but he is full of himself to the degree that he
thinks this organization revolves around him. That's on Tomlin for allowing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am 

Fully Agree heels.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next