It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peter King Podcast w/ Aditi Kinkabwalah
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:12 pm 

I think this podcast is worth hearing. The Steelers related discussion begins around the 20:00 mark. Not much new information, slightly different perspective.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cadenc ... peter-king

Post subject: Re: Peter King Podcast w/ Aditi Kinkabwalah
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm 

Must listen, thanks for posting. What a shitshow indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 pm 

WOW!!

23 minutes on the Steelers and well worth taking the time to listen!! Aditi Kinkabwalah provided some of the most thoughtful and insightful analysis I have heard on both the AB situation and the Steelers in general in years.

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:30 pm 

The Fish rots from the head down...re: ARII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:34 pm 

All that did was re-affirm that their is no control in this locker room. If I were Art2 I would be losing my mind and demanding someone with authority get this shit under control.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 pm 

stillthere wrote:
All that did was re-affirm that their is no control in this locker room. If I were Art2 I would be losing my mind and demanding someone with authority get this shit under control.

So true - Art needs to make people accountable for ending this circus. If nothing is done the same crap will continue whether AB & Bell are there or not. If players think they can get away with being a Jagoff, they will do it until they are stopped.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 pm 

Great stuff - the BR family vacation stuff is :shock:

Tomlin looks very very bad here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm 

Great post; thanks so much.

This should be a sticky, and you are not allowed to make a post until listening to this podcast.

Why is she still a field reporter? Aditi knows her shit and should be in the studio on Sundays. That was the most I have ever learned in one sitting about the Steelers. I learned more in this 24 minutes than I have reading the Pittsburgh Post Gazette all season and most of Steeler Fury minus salary cap stuff.

Great podcast and post, thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm 

This is as close to knowing what will happen with AB as we will get before it actually happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm 

FromPittWithLove wrote:

I didn't have reason to think it at the time, but I can't help wondering now if there was more to the story about Ben's absence, particularly since he had just called out Le'Veon Bell for not being at OTAs.

Like, total speculation here, but maybe he or Ficthner was catching flak from AB about the plan to diversify the targets this year OR if Ben really was hacked off about the QB draft pick instead of defense and was like, "well let me give you a real good idea what this team would look like without me".

It just doesn't seem like something Ben would normally have done in the past and weird that he would do it this year, after he helped get rid of Haley.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:

I didn't have reason to think it at the time, but I can't help wondering now if there was more to the story about Ben's absence, particularly since he had just called out Le'Veon Bell for not being at OTAs.

Like, total speculation here, but maybe he or Ficthner was catching flak from AB about the plan to diversify the targets this year OR if Ben really was hacked off about the QB draft pick instead of defense and was like, "well let me give you a real good idea what this team would look like without me".

It just doesn't seem like something Ben would normally have done in the past and weird that he would do it this year, after he helped get rid of Haley.

Whatever the reasons - its bad leadership. I expect better from Ben.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm 

Oh, agreed... which is why I said there's likely more to that story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm 

i know he i read somewhere that bens says he wasnt asked to stick around for otas or else he would have. Now i agree as the leader he should be there anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 pm 

Tomlin is the great enabler and Art Rooney is basically Fredo. King and Aditi must read our boards.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm 

I think everyone looks bad here - Art Rooney appears unprepared to lead as an owner. Mike Tomlin looks horrible - a unified team can make a crappy game plan look feasible ( i.e. Ravens). Tomlin doesn't have a true alpha in the locker room to stop the madness - or at the very least, no individual seems empowered enough to stop it. Mike T, you'd better get your act together. Ben is disappointing to me as a leader. If his mental approach and interpersonal skills matched his ability to play football, shoot, he'd be Joe Montana.

AB is a bit of a head case. If you put Ryan Clark's assessment and Aditi's assessment together, they describe someone who may need some help. Not necessarily medically, but maybe counseling. I hope AB's back. I hope they can fix this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm 

SP wrote:
Tomlin is the great enabler and Art Rooney is basically Fredo. King and Aditi must read our boards.

Or have access to the locker room. Some of our worst nightmares were confirmed here. But I still think it's salvageable. Forgiveness and humility is not what wealthy young men/women are great at doing, but legacies are at stake. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm 

FromPittWithLove wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:

Whatever the reasons - its bad leadership. I expect better from Ben.

Ben will never be a leader. A great QB yes, but hes a passenger not a captain. I think its the one major knock on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
i know he i read somewhere that bens says he wasnt asked to stick around for otas or else he would have. Now i agree as the leader he should be there anyway.

That is pretty sad. What are OTA's like 3 days a week for like 3 weeks? I would ask him why he needs to be personally invited to "Team Activities". I mean he gets enough days off on Wednesday in the regular season to more than make up for the work he would be putting into shorts and t-shirts in May.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm 

FromPittWithLove wrote:

As I’ve said on these boards and on the podcast a hundred times, you get what you tolerate. Tomlin’s mantra has been “how do you expect me to control adults”, which to me is fireable on its own. He doesn’t even attempt to set boundaries or discipline. He just covers his eyes and goes about the x and o game planning week to week but doesn’t bother to manage the men and their personalities. Art is just as bad. He’s never put his foot down. The fan base and even the players in the locker room are screaming for discipline and accountability. Leadership is failing them.

I think that’s why Ben has switched from being a “point the thumb” guy to calling out some teammates publically in the past couple of years. There is no accountability from leadership and management. He’s trying to take on that role and he gets crucified by the media for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm 

SP wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:

As I’ve said on these boards and on the podcast a hundred times, you get what you tolerate. Tomlin’s mantra has been “how do you expect me to control adults”, which to me is fireable on its own. He doesn’t even attempt to set boundaries or discipline. He just covers his eyes and goes about the x and o game planning week to week but doesn’t bother to manage the men and their personalities. Art is just as bad. He’s never put his foot down. The fan base and even the players in the locker room are screaming for discipline and accountability. Leadership is failing them.

I think that’s why Ben has switched from being a “point the thumb” guy to calling out some teammates publically in the past couple of years. There is no accountability from leadership and management. He’s trying to take on that role and he gets crucified by the media for it.

I remember Ben saying this family vacation was on the books before OTA dates were announced. Ben is not a real leader. Why did it take all the way to the week after the Denver game for him to take time with James Washington and get him up to speed? Ben, Fichtner, and Tomlin all missed on this. Manny Sanders was right about Ben.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm 

Wow, thanks for sharing that link, really insightful (and disheartening). Everyone who gives a shit about this team should take the time to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
SP wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:

I remember Ben saying this family vacation was on the books before OTA dates were announced. Ben is not a real leader. Why did it take all the way to the week after the Denver game for him to take time with James Washington and get him up to speed? Ben, Fichtner, and Tomlin all missed on this. Manny Sanders was right about Ben.

Bens initial reaction to the Steelers drafting Rudolph tells you all you need to know about Ben as a leader. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 pm 

You mean that he was confused why they didn't use the pick on an ILB or a CB? Because I felt exactly the way Ben did, and completely endorse his reaction.

To me the OTAs thing was out of character exactly because he is a very good and underrated leader.

When Aditi was describing the kind of football players/leaders Cowher had--guys who just cared so much about winning, football, and the joy of playing, she was describing Ben to a T.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 pm 

Aditi went diarrhea of the mouth there

Ben and Art2 come out of that looking really bad.
Good for AB going ape shit over Bens vacation after calling out Bell. Piss poor leadership. Quit the radio show Ben. Just STFU and play quarterback

Tomlin looks bad too of course and most deservedly so.
I don’t envy him going from Cowhers team of veteran leaders to immature mental midgets like Leveon and AB. Drafting for character counts Mike.

Tomlin should’ve been fired immediately after the Ravens beat the Browns at the 50 yd line in front of a stadium full of fans who stayed to watch on the jumbo tron.

Aditi stopped short of saying it, but Art2, you ain’t your father.

Somehow AB came out looking like the tragic figure. Interesting Aditi said AB was committed to winning a Lombardi saying he has a signed Stallworth Jersey with all the super bowl numerals. You don’t deserve that jersey AB. John Stallworth wouldn’t quit on his team. Seek therapy AB. You’ve got a major fucking screw loose.

Last edited by SteelDrama on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm 

I'm not sure Ben should be doing his radio show , but I don't have much of an issue with anything he said on the show. Blown WAYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion compared to his actual words and tone.