It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone recall Tomlin calling AB’s catch streak significa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm 

955876 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
955876 wrote:
Was that pitch to Ward also done when they should have been taking a knee?

Don’t recall that it was. Could be wrong though.

But even if that was the case, I would have been pissed if they didn't do it.

And old saying:

Better to remain silent and have some wonder if you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

So then why are you speaking?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
And like I said they DIDN'T let Ben go for the single game passing record against indy even though the Steelers were up by multiple scores so no harm except MAYBE injury.

I wish they would have, I like stats and I like seeing numerical records broken, as long as you win the game.

When I was a kid, I enjoyed putting up a big scoring game in basketball for example, or hitting a HR in baseball or something like that, even when my team lost. IT'S NORMAL to be proud of yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm 

That is a good one as well Lit. Provided you are accepting of that growth potential.

Nick’s comment was just ridiculous. To say you would rather run a play in a kneel down situation to achieve a meaningless individual stat when running that play puts the W at risk when it would not have been with the kneel down is just mind boggling.

Herm Edwards didn’t say “you play to give a player a stat”.

No, he said “you play to win the game”.

He was 100% correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm 

Quote:

The game isn’t played so that an individual player can achieve a stat. The game is played as a team. The game is played so the team achieves a common goal.

If an individual achievement occurs during the course of the greater team goal then all the better.

If it doesn’t however, you do NOT sacrifice the team goal in favor of the individual.

The only one that doesn’t see this is you. And Mike Tomlin.

5 catches for at least 50 yards is about as meaningless a stat as they come. And yet you are ok risking a W for it.

It’s clear who the idiot is here. As is a majority of the times you say anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 pm 

Quote:
I like stats and I like seeing numerical records broken, as long as you win the game.

And you just contradicted yourself...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm 

955876 wrote:
Nick’s comment was just ridiculous. To say you would rather run a play in a kneel down situation to achieve a meaningless individual stat when running that play puts the W at risk when it would not have been with the kneel down is just mind boggling.

Go find the post where I said "in a kneel down situation where running the play puts the W at risk" ? I don't remember that?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
I like stats and I like seeing numerical records broken, as long as you win the game.

And you just contradicted yourself...

WTF are you babbling about? There are times when you can pad stats and be in no danger of losing - NO CONTRADICTION AT ALL. I don't remember the score when Hines Ward caught that 1000th pass. I don't remember thinking it was a risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

The game isn’t played so that an individual player can achieve a stat. The game is played as a team. The game is played so the team achieves a common goal.

If an individual achievement occurs during the course of the greater team goal then all the better.

If it doesn’t however, you do NOT sacrifice the team goal in favor of the individual.

The only one that doesn’t see this is you. And Mike Tomlin.

5 catches for at least 50 yards is about as meaningless a stat as they come. And yet you are ok risking a W for it.

It’s clear who the idiot is here. As is a majority of the times you say anything.

But if you can break an individual record in a situation where you have the game won 100% there's no problem doing it. IDIOT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm 

Hines Ward final catch in the NFL was a middle screen that lost 3 yards on 1st and 10 at their own 41. with 13:53 to go in the 4th, Steelers up over Browns 13-9. Next play Antonio Brown caught a 13 yard pass for a 1st down. Nothing about the play seems like it put the game at risk. 13-9 was the final score.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 010cle.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm 

Hey dumbfuck. That is you Nick.

The topic at hand was in regards to throwing a pass instead of taking a knee. We were up by less than 7 I believe.

So any error there could have cost the game. A risk too great for some stupid 5 catch/50 yard bullshit stat that nobody cares about and is very abstract. We aren’t talking breaking Roger Marris home run record here.

It was beyond dumb to do it that day for Brown.

The Ward thing was different because the game situation was different. Do not nearly a big deal.
Glad they did it for Ward as there wasn’t a risk to losing the game.

You are the one stating that you would have liked to see them get that one more catch for Ward EVEN if it meant risking the game.

That is asinine.

You later said it’s ok to take such rain “as long as it doesn’t risk he game” totally contradicting yourself.

And good for you being happy hitting a home run. You should be happy.

But if you are outwarding giddy over hitting a dinger in a game you are now losing 1-10 you end up looking like a selfish ass.

Kind of like AB crying like a bitch when his stats aren’t great but we won and then acting all happy when his stats are great but we lost.

I don’t expect you yo understand this given your long history of not getting the obvious.

Team sport dude. That means something.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
955876 wrote:
Was that pitch to Ward also done when they should have been taking a knee?

Don’t recall that it was. Could be wrong though.

But even if that was the case, I would have been pissed if they didn't do it.

THIS is what I’m referring to dummy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm 

Quote:
But if you can break an individual record in a situation where you have the game won 100% there's no problem doing it. IDIOT.

We did NOT have the game won 100% in AB’s case. An INT or fumble there could have cost a game that WAS a certain W if we simply take a knee.

Do you struggle this much in your everyday life to follow along?