It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rosenhaus on AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:52 pm 

Looks like there is no ABs' side to the story because, more than likely, there isnt really a good one.

Quote:
7 Sports Xtra

Verified account

@7SportsXtra
Follow Follow @7SportsXtra
More
"Antonio has had a Hall of Fame career there, and we'll be ready for whatever happens next..."

Post subject: Re: Rosenhaus on AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:22 pm 

I just want excellent value in return if he has played his last game in black and gold.

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Looks like there is no ABs' side to the story because, more than likely, there isnt really a good one.

Quote:
7 Sports Xtra

Verified account

@7SportsXtra
Follow Follow @7SportsXtra
More
"Antonio has had a Hall of Fame career there, and we'll be ready for whatever happens next..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:29 pm 

I'm surprised that he didn't offer any spin.

Although AB tried, and that was pretty clearly destroyed by everyone. Rosenhaus maybe realizes it's best not to dig a deeper hole and further antagonize teammates (which will ultimately factor into whether he's traded).

Also, I bet AB and Rosenhaus are secretly looking forward to a trade because then AB will say "you're only paying me $13M a year...."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I just want excellent value in return if he has played his last game in black and gold.

5th round pick with strong wrist circumference and high HIG factor.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:33 pm 

I'm gonna be pissed if we lose this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:33 pm 

Obviously wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

This made me laugh yet annoyed I can’t remember wtf is HIG. It’s like every year I forget this SteelerFury acronym.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:35 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Obviously wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

This made me laugh yet annoyed I can’t remember wtf is HIG. It’s like every year I forget this SteelerFury acronym.

Mods would have to free STD to find out if he hasn't died from morbid obesity yet.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:13 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

I gonna be more pissed if he decides he's bigger than the team or the coach (even though I detest the coach) and continues to act like an egotistical fucktard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 pm 

I think the only thing Rosenhaus can do is say nothing because when AB told him what went down he must have been shaking his head in disbelief about the story that was being unfolded in his ear or on his facebook live feed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

I'm with you, it's really stupid to not try to work this out.

All this 1950s, Mr. Yinzer good character bullshit is pretty fucking annoying! Like, volunteering to suck because you don't like a guy who's contract we OWN.

Sit him down and make him stay at least until Ben retires.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:44 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

All this 1950s, Mr. Yinzer good character bullshit is pretty fucking annoying! Like, volunteering to suck because you don't like a guy who's contract we OWN.

There is a thing called addition through subtraction, it is real, it often actually works. We dont know the amount of "cancer" the ways of AB has spread through the team. This "disease" maybe at the root of the Bell, Bryant, situations. Any team that is successful has to have an all for one and one for all mind set. This is how synergy, the total is greater than the sum of the INDIVIDUAL parts works.

He walked out on his team because he ran a wrong route and got called out for it (allegedly) and we all remember the childish tantrums on the sidelines DURING games. Now I have been an ardent supporter of Deebo, so I will say he has been a great Steeler, wonderful player, deserves lots of respect but his time with the Steelers should end. He deserves to go somewhere, where he can get the respect he thinks he deserves. Time to cut bait.

The QB is essential in making a receiver great. AB's number will drop precipitously with an average QB. If we get talented players back our HOF QB will make them look very good. The TEAM will be better without the distraction and the hoped for solidarity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:49 pm 

It’s quite possible that they tried to work this out, and it’s just not in the cards. When this shit first broke, I was in the camp that they can and will work this out. But the more you get into this, it’s becoming pretty clear that it just might be time to move on from him. It’s not a stretch to think that a significant part of the Steelers disappointing season can be laid at the disfunction caused by this guys pouting and immaturity. There is plenty of chatter about this guy being happy as hell about a 10 catch, 140 yard, 2 TD game in a loss, and a little bitch when the team wins and he only puts up 55 receiving yards.
One of Belicheck’s strengths is the ability to get ahead of a players decline and get top value out them on the market. This is something the Steelers do very poorly, constantly hanging on to once quality players way too long. Sometimes you must look past the stats and decide what’s best for the well being of the team. I think if they can get a quality haul for AB...maybe, just maybe it’s time to send him on his way, and the team will be better for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

There is a thing called addition through subtraction, it is real, it often actually works. We dont know the amount of "cancer" the ways of AB has spread through the team. This "disease" maybe at the root of the Bell, Bryant, situations. Any team that is successful has to have an all for one and one for all mind set. This is how synergy, the total is greater than the sum of the INDIVIDUAL parts works.

He walked out on his team because he ran a wrong route and got called out for it (allegedly) and we all remember the childish tantrums on the sidelines DURING games. Now I have been an ardent supporter of Deebo, so I will say he has been a great Steeler, wonderful player, deserves lots of respect but his time with the Steelers should end. He deserves to go somewhere, where he can get the respect he thinks he deserves. Time to cut bait.

The QB is essential in making a receiver great. AB's number will drop precipitously with an average QB. If we get talented players back our HOF QB will make them look very good. The TEAM will be better without the distraction and the hoped for solidarity.

YEP.

PERFECTLY, PERFECTLY SAID.

If someone called AB the best that ever played here before I did, I'd like to meet him.

Zero doubt Brown is the best WR I've ever seen play, but his antics over the past few years have been a deal breaker for me. Much like Le'Veon Bell, AB is now all about AB. He couldn't give a FLYING FUCK if the Steelers win games. AB just wants to pad his stats and get all the attention. I wasn't surprised at all by what Ryan Clark talked about on ESPN. Telling Tomlin that if AB got paid, he'd be impossible to deal with. It's sad, but get whatever you can for him and move on.

We all want Ben to spread the ball around and to find the open guy. I've bitched to high heaven about Ben forcing balls to Brown for seemingly NO REASON. Now I understand why Ben had to throw those passes to an often double covered or triple covered Brown. Ben didn't want to have to deal with this fucking asshole on the sidelines, after the game or at practice. Brown and Bell are CANCERS, plain and simple. Great players? Oh, for sure, but they are not the kind of guys you win big with.

I'll be happier when both are gone. When AB gets voted into the Hall of Fame, it will be meaningless to me. I won't show up to watch, just like AB didn't show up when we needed him most.

Could you imagine, just for a second, what would have happened if the Steelers lost to the Bungles (they almost did) and then a few minutes later, the Browns beat the Ravens (they almost did)?

How would you feel about this me, me, me cocksucker then?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 pm 

I disagree of course, we are talking about Ben's last 1-2 or 3 years, so fuck the cancer, I personally would rather watch them play with Ben for the next 3 years, even if all they did was put up big stats and lose in the playoffs, than go straight to sucking donkey dick, which they might just by losing AB, who knows, maybe JuJu isn't so great without another great WR on the other side, and I know this team, they'll dump AB and sign someone on the level of Justin Hunter because he's cheap or draft a 4th rounder who needs to be developed and won't be before Ben's gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm 

I'd even consider bringing Bell back. If they transition tag him and the offer they get is less than the Steelers offered before, why not?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:35 pm 

KC wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

YEP.

PERFECTLY, PERFECTLY SAID.

If someone called AB the best that ever played here before I did, I'd like to meet him.

Zero doubt Brown is the best WR I've ever seen play, but his antics over the past few years have been a deal breaker for me. Much like Le'Veon Bell, AB is now all about AB. He couldn't give a FLYING FUCK if the Steelers win games. AB just wants to pad his stats and get all the attention. I wasn't surprised at all by what Ryan Clark talked about on ESPN. Telling Tomlin that if AB got paid, he'd be impossible to deal with. It's sad, but get whatever you can for him and move on.

We all want Ben to spread the ball around and to find the open guy. I've bitched to high heaven about Ben forcing balls to Brown for seemingly NO REASON. Now I understand why Ben had to throw those passes to an often double covered or triple covered Brown. Ben didn't want to have to deal with this fucking asshole on the sidelines, after the game or at practice. Brown and Bell are CANCERS, plain and simple. Great players? Oh, for sure, but they are not the kind of guys you win big with.

I'll be happier when both are gone. When AB gets voted into the Hall of Fame, it will be meaningless to me. I won't show up to watch, just like AB didn't show up when we needed him most.

Could you imagine, just for a second, what would have happened if the Steelers lost to the Bungles (they almost did) and then a few minutes later, the Browns beat the Ravens (they almost did)?

How would you feel about this me, me, me cocksucker then?

Good post KC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:38 pm 

Just when I think you won't post anything stupid, Nick,

You Totally Redeem Yourself!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Just when I think you won't post anything stupid, Nick,

You Totally Redeem Yourself!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 pm 

Nick's entitled to his opinion.

I tend to disagree with it for many of the same reasons that KC and Stinger brought up.

The silver lining I guess is that he's still under contract, so the Steelers can get something for him. And, there's a pretty damn good WR on the roster who, by all accounts, has a great attitude.

I'd much rather see Tomlin go than AB, but if AB is being that big of an asshole, you gotta get rid of him.

Same with Bell. Fuck him. Spend that money on the secondary and a vet WR. As frustrating as this season was, they're a consistent kicker away from being in the playoffs.

Tomlin will never fix the areas he continuously fucks up, so the only hope is to add more cohesive talent on the team that'll win in spite of his dumbass decisions. Or, better yet, the players won't put him in as many situations to do dumb shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:10 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I disagree of course, we are talking about Ben's last 1-2 or 3 years, so fuck the cancer, I personally would rather watch them play with Ben for the next 3 years, even if all they did was put up big stats and lose in the playoffs, than go straight to sucking donkey dick, which they might just by losing AB, who knows, maybe JuJu isn't so great without another great WR on the other side, and I know this team, they'll dump AB and sign someone on the level of Justin Hunter because he's cheap or draft a 4th rounder who needs to be developed and won't be before Ben's gone.

1) Juju not as good without Brown? Same thing some said about Brown with no Mike Wallace. For what it's worth, what Juju has done in his first two years as a starter is MORE than comparable to what Brown had put on tape before Wallace was sent packing.

2) How many game-changing interceptions or sacks were caused this year by Ben trying to force the ball to Brown, rather than doing what he does best, and spreading the wealth. Check out Ben's record when he hits 7+ receivers in a game.

3) Justin Hunter/4th round pick? Washington came on by the end of the season (his deep catch and clutch grab to set up the field goal after Toni Tap Out had left the stadium to beat the Bungles come to mind), and even through struggles, produced about as well as Brown did on offense in his rookie campaign.

The sky isn't falling.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm 

This board is out to lunch on AB. You all are talking out of both sides of your mouths.

Is Tomlin the issue? Is defense the issue? Is offense the issue?

End of story because I know you all answered yes yes no! If you didn’t please turn in your Steeler Fan credentials at www.DontKnowDickAboutTheSteelersProblems.edu

How can all this venom be spewed about Tomlin, and then in the same breath you want to get rid of the HOf WR that will never ever be replaced? Treat the disease not the symptom. Tomlin is the issue and AB is the symptom of the problems with the coaching.

So let’s suck it up one more year, and in the mean time fix the damn defense. Tomlin will be gone the next year if things blow up, or if he remains it means it has worked out with AB.

This is the best path forward, easiest, and it it will ensure Tomlin shapes up the team or ships out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This board is out to lunch on AB. You all are talking out of both sides of your mouths.

End of story because I know you all answered yes yes no! If you didn’t please turn in your Steeler Fan credentials at http://www.DontKnowDickAboutTheSteelersProblems.edu

How can all this venom be spewed about Tomlin, and then in the same breath you want to get rid of the HOf WR that will never ever be replaced? Treat the disease not the symptom. Tomlin is the issue and AB is the symptom of the problems with the coaching.

So let’s suck it up one more year, and in the mean time fix the damn defense. Tomlin will be gone the next year if things blow up, or if he remains it means it has worked out with AB.

This is the best path forward, easiest, and it it will ensure Tomlin shapes up the team or ships out.

In what world is Tomlin being a dumbfuck and AB being a cancer mutually exclusive?

Both can be true statements and removing both may improve the results exponentially.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:14 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

End of story because I know you all answered yes yes no! If you didn’t please turn in your Steeler Fan credentials at http://www.DontKnowDickAboutTheSteelersProblems.edu

Ben hasn’t won dick with Antonio Brown or Le’Veon Bell.

But he’s won Super Bowls with far less offensive talent, because those guys weren’t selfish cocksuckers. They didn’t care who got the glory. I was hard on Bettis but he helped Willie Parker become a Super Bowl difference maker. Bettis didn’t demand carries and didn’t cry when Parker supplanted him as the feature back.

Why? Bettis wanted to win.

Antonio Brown doesn’t give a fuck about winning. He doesn’t give a fuck about his teammates. Being a Pittsburgh Steeler means nothing to him.

AB is about AB.

AB is about stats. Targets, catches and attention.

Not winning games.

He quit on his team. Fuck AB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:20 pm 

KC wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Ben hasn’t won dick with Antonio Brown or Le’Veon Bell.

But he’s won Super Bowls with far less offensive talent, because those guys weren’t selfish cocksuckers. They didn’t care who got the glory. I was hard on Bettis but he helped Willie Parker become a Super Bowl difference maker. Bettis didn’t demand carries and didn’t cry when Parker supplanted him as the feature back.

Why? Bettis wanted to win.

Antonio Brown doesn’t give a fuck about winning. He doesn’t give a fuck about his teammates. Being a Pittsburgh Steeler means nothing to him.

AB is about AB.

AB is about stats. Targets, catches and attention.

Not winning games.

He quit on his team. Fuck AB.

Correct again....