It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: More AB Drama / Trade Request merged thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 am 

Quote:
Anyone who has been in a locker room at a competitive level should be able to understand that.

Or in the military

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 am 

TB wrote:
Obviously wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Okay, so now....
*Antonio Brown doesn't give a shit about winning Super Bowls
*Antonio Brown brings a loser mentality
*Tom Brady would be "exasperated" with Antonio Brown

I sure as fuck hope that AB is still on our team next year. All this wishful fuckin' thinking about this treasure trove we've going to get in trade for AB.

Yeah, the Steelers are a better team with Brown and Bell on the team on paper. Can't argue with that. But what if those bridges are burned with their teammates? Would the Steelers still be a better team with that cancerous chemistry? By all accounts, their teammates are sick of them both.

I don't think you can stress enough how unforgivable what AB did truly was.

He stabbed his teammates in the back. I mean, HE WALKED OUT ON THIS TEAM WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM THE MOST. Until he begs for their forgiveness and promises to change his ways, I don't even want to consider his ass being on this team next year.

Anyone who has been in a locker room at a competitive level should be able to understand that.

But some people are scared we’ll be worse without him and so therefore we should keep him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 am 

Scared, jeems? I don't think there's any question Steelers will not be as good a football team without Antonio Brown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:20 am 

Unfortunate reality though Swiss is the Steelers aren’t even a very good team with AB.

A new HC is needed. Instead, we will jettison talent and trust the same guy that’s steered this ship into an iceberg to fix it.

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:35 am 

Emmanuel Sanders on NFLN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:08 am 

stillthere wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders on NFLN

good lord...I downplayed AB before it was popular....but, damn, not even an R1?!?

Bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:12 am 

stillthere wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders on NFLN

BTW....Sanders says what we all knew - Tomlin had special exemptions for stars. Basically, Tomlin did jack squat as far as rules with star players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 am 

Kodiak wrote:
stillthere wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders on NFLN

BTW....Sanders says what we all knew - Tomlin had special exemptions for stars. Basically, Tomlin did jack squat as far as rules with star players.

That was pretty damning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:34 am 

Quite a bit of Ben bashing in that video, too. Especially on the douchebag Michael Irwin's part.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 am 

Yah.. Ben is taking more and more of a hit as this goes on. Shortly, AB will be the victim and Ben the monster (this is the angle aditi seems to have tried pushing...blame everyone but AB).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Scared, jeems? I don't think there's any question Steelers will not be as good a football team without Antonio Brown

Again, we never won anything with Antonio Brown.

We won even less with Bell.

AB’s been over used to the detriment of the team. Ben’s best games come when he throws to EVERYBODY..

If AB is elsewhere next season, I predict we’ll be a playoff team again in 2019.

Ben will be free of a gigantic pain in the ass distraction/diva and players are going to want to prove AB wasn’t the entire reason for the team’s success.

I’m beyond encouraged.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 am 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

AB’s been over used to the detriment of the team. Ben’s best games come when he throws to EVERYBODY..

If AB is elsewhere next season, I predict we’ll be a playoff team again in 2019.

Ben will be free of a gigantic pain in the ass distraction/diva and players are going to want to prove AB wasn’t the entire reason for the team’s success.

I’m beyond encouraged.

I believe that next year, with/or without AB, they are in the playoffs.
I also believe there is no way they are winnning a Super Bowl with this coaching staff again with or without AB.
I find this team infinitely more likable and easier to root for when guys like AB and Lev Bell are off the team than on it.
So I am all for getting rid of AB because I don’t think it ultimately matters if he is on or off the team next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 am 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I’m beyond encouraged.

I also believe there is no way they are winnning a Super Bowl with this coaching staff again with or without AB.
I find this team infinitely more likable and easier to root for when guys like AB and Lev Bell are off the team than on it.
So I am all for getting rid of AB because I don’t think it ultimately matters if he is on or off the team next year.

I agree with most of what you said, except that I do believe the Steelers WILL be a Super Bowl contender next season, whether the bug-eyed fuck is on the sidelines or not.

Tomlin, zero doubt, understands what happened this season is unacceptable and most Steelers fans are ready to hang him. The biggest distractions (LB & AB) are both likely gone.

Any excuse Aviators could possibly use will be gone. Also, the lack of offensive talent excuse won’t hold water and we’ll add more this offseason.

Ben won’t have any excuses either, if we don’t kick ass in 2019.

I like our chances.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am 

I’m beyond encouraged.[/quote]

So I am all for getting rid of AB because I don’t think it ultimately matters if he is on or off the team next year.[/quote]

I agree with most of what you said, except that I do believe the Steelers WILL be a Super Bowl contender next season, whether the bug-eyed fuck is on the sidelines or not.

Tomlin, zero doubt, understands what happened this season is unacceptable and most Steelers fans are ready to hang him. The biggest distractions (LB & AB) are both likely gone.

Any excuse Aviators could possibly use will be gone. Also, the lack of offensive talent excuse won’t hold water and we’ll add more this offseason.

Ben won’t have any excuses either, if we don’t kick ass in 2019.

I like our chances.[/quote]

KC, I do agree with you, but do we REALLY know if this coach thinks he had a bad year as a coach? EMR will prolly endorse this guy next time he speaks. This is what scares me most - the talk that we were a few plays away from 12-3-1 or 11-4-1, instead of, we had the chance to bury these guys after we took a lead and minimize the importance of a turnover late. Tomlin thought when we went up 28-24 verses the Saints, we could run out the clock. This moron will never get it I’m afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I’m beyond encouraged.

What's that mean, the won less with Bell?

In 2014, having made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, they enter the playoffs without Bell, sign Ben Tate off the street, and go down in flames, to those Purple Fucks, at home, in a Saturday Night Massacre.

In 2015, after a Wild Card win in Paul Brown Stadium, they go into Denver minus both guys, and lose largely due to a fumble by one of the stiff running backs....because there was no Lev Bell.

I missed have missed this Antonio Brown that was such a constant pain in the ass...all the while while catching over 100 balls a year, multiple touchdowns, many game-winning plays on unbelievable catches.

Glad that so many of you are so confident that the Steelers can lose arguably the game's best running back, AND the game's best receiver, y'know with the team last seen going 13-3 when they're both in the lineup, and somehow end up as a better team. Must be that new math.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:36 am 

Swiss - I was right on board with you with Lev Bell, I had the same thought about Bryant, and my initial thought on AB was the same....keep the frickin talent!

But then I realized, Tomlin is not going anywhere. If we know anything, we know that Tomlin can no longer contain/handle these personalities and it seems (unless various reporters are full of shit) that the locker room is divided, partly because these guys are walking all over the HC.

I just don't think the combination of these players and Tomlin can work well enough/long enough to get #7. Players were allegedly talking about a mutiny if AB dressed?! Whether that was real or not, I look at it as though there are 2 options going forward: 1) dump the players the HC can't handle or 2) dump the HC and get one that can handle the players. The latter isn't happening. So I think the only real option is get rid of the guys that took advantage of their "friend" in charge, and give Tomlin the opportunity to reclaim authority over the existing/incoming players. And if he resorts back to the chest-thumper pal instead of being their boss, then he doesn't get renewed in 2 years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 am 

The only way we get a haul for AB is if theres a bidding war. Teams are smart enough to know if theres a hint of desperation on our part, so the initial offers will probably be underhwhelming. Remember that we are the team that dumped Santonio for a 5th. Not saying its the same situation, but teams know theres a history of firesales.

Our best bet at a haul isnt to a team with a high pick, its probably to a semi-contender with a mid range pick. A rebuilding team may not see any benefit to bringing in a vet like AB unless they truly believe he alone will move the needle.

Best case scenario would be if two division rivals get caught in an obscene bidding war. Otherwise I bet we are looking at a late round first as best case.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:08 pm 

Swiss I don’t have time to fuck around with quotes, but we went to a Super Bowl with AB’s help.

We lost though.

We did nothing with Le’Veon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

In isolation...absent any other changes? You’re correct.

But regardless of all the other bullshit that’s going on, you can’t let a player get away with walking out on his team when the playoffs were still on the line.

You simply cannot. No amount of talent in the world overcomes the negativity behind that.

So, regardless of whether Tomlin is an enabler, or Ben is causing issues by going public with player shortcomings while he himself seems above accountability, if Brown isn’t completely contrite and willling to do MAJOR relationship repairs...and all indications are, he isn’t...he HAS to go.

You don’t keep him because you’re scared of being worse down the line.

As TB said...what he did is the worst thing a player can do to his team.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
The only way we get a haul for AB is if theres a bidding war. Teams are smart enough to know if theres a hint of desperation on our part, so the initial offers will probably be underhwhelming. Remember that we are the team that dumped Santonio for a 5th. Not saying its the same situation, but teams know theres a history of firesales.

Our best bet at a haul isnt to a team with a high pick, its probably to a semi-contender with a mid range pick. A rebuilding team may not see any benefit to bringing in a vet like AB unless they truly believe he alone will move the needle.

Best case scenario would be if two division rivals get caught in an obscene bidding war. Otherwise I bet we are looking at a late round first as best case.

Precisely.

Right now, every team pretty much knows we have to get rid of AB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

But regardless of all the other bullshit that’s going on, you can’t let a player get away with walking out on his team when the playoffs were still on the line.

You simply cannot. No amount of talent in the world overcomes the negativity behind that.

So, regardless of whether Tomlin is an enabler, or Ben is causing issues by going public with player shortcomings while he himself seems above accountability, if Brown isn’t completely contrite and willling to do MAJOR relationship repairs...and all indications are, he isn’t...he HAS to go.

OK, it's the worst thing he could do. It's an unpardonable, unforgivable, mortal, fuckin' cardinal sin. AB should be marched before a firing squad on the Smithfield Street Bridge

All that said, if you asshats think the Steelers will be better off, on the field, in the absence of Antonio Brown, you're fuckin' delusional...like trippin' on acid delusional.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:01 pm 

The Steelers will be a better team without the best NFL wr for the last how many years. The best wr in Steeler history. If the rest of the players had even 90% the work ethic of AB... Tomlin allowed Brown & Ben to be the divas they became. Treat some symptoms instead the illness. The Steelers are so fucked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:10 pm 

The HC and GM on most other teams don't have guaranteed jobs for life....getting AB for 3 years could be a big step toward those guys saving their job.

And with multiple bidders, PIT wanting/needing to move AB isn't going to end-up having mattering.

Trades are just really hard to predict. Never would have guessed Cooper would get that. I don't think many thought we'd get an R3 for Bryant. And I think, given the market for AB, we'll be positively surprised at what he gets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:11 pm 

blu wrote:
The Steelers will be a better team without the best NFL wr for the last how many years. The best wr in Steeler history. If the rest of the players had even 90% the work ethic of AB... Tomlin allowed Brown & Ben to be the divas they became. Treat some symptoms instead the illness. The Steelers are so fucked.

I’d love to treat the illness.

That’s not going to happen, however.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:52 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

OK, it's the worst thing he could do. It's an unpardonable, unforgivable, mortal, fuckin' cardinal sin. AB should be marched before a firing squad on the Smithfield Street Bridge

All that said, if you asshats think the Steelers will be better off, on the field, in the absence of Antonio Brown, you're fuckin' delusional...like trippin' on acid delusional.

So what would you do, Swiss?

AB quit on this team when they needed him the most. Walked away from his brothers when everything they worked for was on the line. Two weeks later, he has yet to apologize to his team and coaches, yet to show any contrition for his actions, and if anything has only proven how selfish and out of touch he really is by trying to flip the PR machine and deflect from his own actions.

What's your solution to that? Just sweep it under the rug? More of the same? Just wait it out and hope time heals the wound? Fuck that. That sounds exactly like the enabling you and others are wanting Tomlin fired for and got us in this situation to begin with.

AB betrayed his team. Whether we're better off with him and his baggage on this team or not doesn't matter. Unless he begs for forgiveness and is genuine in promising to change his ways (and even then, it's up to the veterans in the locker room if they want to take his bitchmade ass back) he has played his last game as a Steeler. End of story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 48  Next