It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: More AB Drama / Trade Request merged thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Again...why the fuck would the Steelers ever consider trading him to NE.
I can’t even come up with anything the Pats could return to them that would make it worth the consideration.

AB and our R1 pick for Belichick, straight up.

Only if Ernie Adams comes too...And their video staff.

Nah, I’d be good if we only got Belichick. I’d be over the moon and half way to Venus for that deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm 

Havoc wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Most players with a checkered history that go to the pats know the opportunity to win a SB is greater than most teams. They usually put their personalities in check. At least for season or two. Moss wasn't exactly an angel, and yet he lasted quite a while in NE. The atmosphere also has an effect.

If AB goes to the pats, I'm guessing he'd be the #1. Gordon is gone. And AB would probably do very well there. Maybe not as well as with BR the 3 seasons previous to the last, but he'd sure as hell fuck us if we had to play them. AND he'd get Miami, NYJ, and Buffalo to rape twice a season.

Belichick commands respect, runs a tight ship, an all business no bullshit ship.
I can't remember where I saw it, but players compared BB with tomlin, and how BB will fire your ass and loyalty has zero to do with football. Tomlin on the other hand. . . This particular player chose tomlin. It was part of his cost = benefit analysis.

We get reminded of this everyday by players. The NFL is a bidnez. Players are employees of that business. Making money is probably on the top of all players lists of requirements. (Unless you're AB, where stats and the limelight is equal to money). I personally have a list of three, copied from charlie christian, the guitar player. He didn't open his guitar case unless it fulfilled one of the following.

1. Make money
2. Learn something
3. Have fun.

I personally need at least two of three before I take a job, and making money better be one of the two. It doesn't have to be millions if the other is overwhelming. We all have our own cost = benefit analysis. Players in today's NFL are talking hundreds of thousands and tens of millions. $$$$ can distort life. We as fans want championships. Most who want to play/ play in the NFL simply want a job.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm 

Plenty of players...PLENTY of players...are motivated by getting a ring, COR-TEN.

And getting a ring feeds into the money and glory as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm 

I just drank so much beer at the Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter fest, I was right next to Channing Crowder.

I was sure I could take him in a fight!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Plenty of players...PLENTY of players...are motivated by getting a ring, COR-TEN.

Agreed.

Too bad Lev Bell isn’t one of those guys though...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:34 pm 

955876 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Agreed.

Too bad Lev Bell isn’t one of those guys though...

or AB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

Everybody in their respective business or industry wants accolades. It's affirmation that you are good at what you do. But at some point you need to manage your expectations. Sometimes getting awards and "winning championships" isn't in the cards. Employees eventually come to this conclusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Everybody in their respective business or industry wants accolades. It's affirmation that you are good at what you do. But at some point you need to manage your expectations. Sometimes getting awards and "winning championships" isn't in the cards. Employees eventually come to this conclusion.

Guarantee you most athletes do not share this outlook.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

that is some serious loser mentality

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm 

It’s not fair some teams are better than others. Doesn’t matter that some teams are better managed, better coached, have acquired players with better attitudes and/skills, and have had better luck with injuries & schedule etc.

It’s still not fair. We should find a way to redistribute wins and rings. A team like the Patriots should not hog all the wealth. At some point when they have too much it’s only appropriate to take some away and give it to those teams that are not as good or don’t work as hard.

The game would be better for all. At some point it’ll be your team’s turn no matter the effort they put into it.

I like it. Could help cover some of Tomlin’s warts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm 

955876 wrote:
It’s not fair some teams are better than others. Doesn’t matter that some teams are better managed, better coached, have acquired players with better attitudes and/skills, and have had better luck with injuries & schedule etc.

It’s still not fair. We should find a way to redistribute wins and rings. A team like the Patriots should not hog all the wealth. At some point when they have too much it’s only appropriate to take some away and give it to those teams that are not as good or don’t work as hard.

The game would be better for all. At some point it’ll be your team’s turn no matter the effort they put into it.

Haha

I see what you did here

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:40 pm 

Okay, so now....
*Antonio Brown doesn't give a shit about winning Super Bowls
*Antonio Brown brings a loser mentality
*Tom Brady would be "exasperated" with Antonio Brown

I sure as fuck hope that AB is still on our team next year. All this wishful fuckin' thinking about this treasure trove we've going to get in trade for AB.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Okay, so now....

I sure as fuck hope that AB is still on our team next year. All this wishful fuckin' thinking about this treasure trove we've going to get in trade for AB.

Re: the first point...I didn’t say it...anyone who says it doesn’t know shit. He may be a diva but I bet he wants a ring.

Re: the second point...the comments were about COR-TEN’s mentality, not AB’s.

Re: the third point...I stand by it. Ben and Brown are greater than the sum of their parts. I don’t see Brady and Brown meshing the same way.

Re: the last point- we’ll see in March. If the market is as huge as rumored...only the Steelers can fuck that up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:48 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

that is some serious loser mentality
I think you missed the point entirely. This acceptance isn't meant to stop one from being the best one can be. It just means you might not be acknowledged for achieving the same with what you have as those that have been recognized. And that shouldn't stop you from doing what you do. You can interpret it any way you want.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Re: the second point...the comments were about COR-TEN’s mentality, not AB’s
i'd suggest you understand my mentality before calling it a loser one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:29 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
955876 wrote:

Haha

I see what you did here

Not sure what you are referring to. We are a have not and I’d like us to be a have. Currently have too many players that aren’t willing to put the work in to achieve better results. Also have coaches & management despite seeing these less than optimal results not willing to change their approach in an attempt to achieve better results.

So if the league would just take steps to ensure equal results we can be a have and not have to worry about what changes the team is going to make or how hard the players & coaches work to improve their own current situation.

Last edited by 955876 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Okay, so now....

I hope they patch things up as well.

Don’t trust us to get the best deal and don’t trust they do a good job with the picks.

AB still a selfish dickhead for what he’s pulling. Really no excuse for it.

We need to win now however.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm 

Quote:
I don’t see Brady and Brown meshing the same way.

Why?

I mean, AB just tossed a football at Ben, took off like a whiney bitch, and hasn’t been heard from since.

Those two aren’t exactly meshing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
955876 wrote:

Haha

I see what you did here

Me too, and I disagree with the premise.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Re: the second point...the comments were about COR-TEN’s mentality, not AB’s
i'd suggest you understand my mentality before calling it a loser one.

I was relaying information, not commenting on your post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
955876 wrote:

Haha

I see what you did here

Me too, and I disagree with the premise.

That's funny, so you dont have a problem with the Patriots getting all the calls that they do. Kind of like corporate welfare.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Okay, so now....

Yeah, the Steelers are a better team with Brown and Bell on the team on paper. Can't argue with that. But what if those bridges are burned with their teammates? Would the Steelers still be a better team with that cancerous chemistry? By all accounts, their teammates are sick of them both.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

That's funny, so you dont have a problem with the Patriots getting all the calls that they do. Kind of like corporate welfare.

We don't seem to be interpreting these comments the same, but yours is an interesting take.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 pm 

Obviously wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Okay, so now....

Yeah, the Steelers are a better team with Brown and Bell on the team on paper. Can't argue with that. But what if those bridges are burned with their teammates? Would the Steelers still be a better team with that cancerous chemistry? By all accounts, their teammates are sick of them both.

I don't think you can stress enough how unforgivable what AB did truly was.

He stabbed his teammates in the back. I mean, HE WALKED OUT ON THIS TEAM WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM THE MOST. Until he begs for their forgiveness and promises to change his ways, I don't even want to consider his ass being on this team next year.

Anyone who has been in a locker room at a competitive level should be able to understand that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 am 

Quote:
Dave Dameshek

Verified account

@Dameshek
8h8 hours ago
More
In case there's any doubt about it...someone who's spoken with Antonio Brown in the last couple days tells me AB believes he's done with the Steelers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next