It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: More AB Drama / Trade Request merged thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
I wonder if Art is forcing tomlin to keep Butler at this point.

How many years did Butler hang around waiting to become DC that was promised to him? And how long does Deuce feel obligated to keep Butler as DC to square that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:39 pm 

Quote:
Jones did not name the people in the Steelers organization he’s spoken with,

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11664

we started this yesterday and today he's bleeding more disinfo.

You can book it that it's Morgan Burnett ex GB packer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=11664

we started this yesterday and today he's bleeding more disinfo.

You can book it that it's Morgan Burnett ex GB packer

I’m going to go ya one better...my guess is he has no sources, most of these guys don’t, and he’s just clutching on to rumors and running with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm 

If you want a different take from a former player and Packer, check out Greg Jennings on the Cowherd show. He pretty much lays all of this on AB. Says a lot of teammates, current and former, saw this coming.
I would link it, but I’m pretty much a tech dumbass...I’m sure with a quick search it will pop up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:24 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
If you want a different take from a former player and Packer, check out Greg Jennings on the Cowherd show. He pretty much lays all of this on AB. Says a lot of teammates, current and former, saw this coming.
I would link it, but I’m pretty much a tech dumbass...I’m sure with a quick search it will pop up.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-her ... 6936003823

Even In this interview Jennings isn't certain about specific games and numbers either.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:54 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
https://www.thescore.com/news/1692785?utm_source=chatbot&utm_medium=messenger&utm_campaign=news

Not sure if this was posted yet as I’m not in the mood to read back through all the pages, but “sources” saying Ben has been berating AB in team meetings this season.

Not sure what the takeaway is there. I mean, there’s 9,000 reasons I’d want to berate AB myself...but on the other hand, that’s not the best way to handle it either.

And maybe this is why Ben didn’t win MVP. Maybe everyone was tired of watching those two bicker and voted elsewhere. I dunno.

Ben might have been berating AB because his ego was running his mouth. AB might have been spouting off about how "he is the franchise" so Ben started to drop all of his mistakes this year on routes and such just to let him know he's great but not god. AB had another great year but he might have been spending too much time on his "brand" and not enough time on the little things so Ben would bring those little things up in meeting when AB pumped his chest! It's possible AB was listening too much to his own voice as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:29 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-her ... 6936003823

Even In this interview Jennings isn't certain about specific games and numbers either.

Thanks 77.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 pm 

My theory is that AB REALLY went off that final week around the Steelers facility when he had a great game at New Orleans and JuJu was voted MVP for the year.

Ben got fucking tired of it during practice and told the coaches that he wanted AB out of a play at practice.

Ben needs JuJu just as much as AB right now, he’s happy for the second year pro to become the Steelers MVP this year (even though Ben could have been voted as well but he probably is telling players to vote for others and not him).

AB starts acting up, Ben is trying to get to the playoffs and prepairing for the Bengals and no one wants to hear this shit from AB at this point in the season.

TOMLIN has NO FUCKING CONTROL OVER HIS PLAYER ignores him and gets pissed at AB for having his agent call in and telling TOMLIN that he will play.

TOMLIN tells AB he ain’t playing that day, AB shows up and leaves at halftime to go hang with James Harrison so they can vent together.

AB is wrong, TOMLIN is an idiot for letting it get to this point and Ben is happy he has dudes that have his back on the team.

Total shitshow in week 17!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 pm 

The fact that someone has intimated there might have been some kind of mutiny if AB had been allowed to play belongs in consideration.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm 

Ice wrote:
The fact that someone has intimated there might have been some kind of mutiny if AB had been allowed to play belongs in consideration.

Says a lot!

In reality it says all you need to know about how bad shit is. The answer is it’s bad enough to necessitate a lot of change.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:27 am 

So did the players have a concern or reason to believe that AB may be allowed to play ?
Was there precedent ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 am 

Gonzo wrote:
So did the players have a concern or reason to believe that AB may be allowed to play ?
Was there precedent ?

Lev Bell before last year’s playoff game. And if we are to believe “sources” this is the third time AB has pulled this stunt this season.
One has to wonder if some of the vets went to Tomlin and told him no AB or we walk...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:13 pm 

so i must have missed this, Per @AlbertBreer, Brown has explained to those close to him that he didn’t feel some of his teammates were as invested in 2018 as he was, and it was showing up in their work, and he was fed up with it. The standard, as he saw it, was slipping.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:25 pm 

Here we go with AB calling out being woa is me, victim to the NFL meat grinder.

Quote:
Antonio Brown
‏Verified account @AB84
Jan 5
More Antonio Brown Retweeted Sporting News
Sporting News Verified account
@sportingnews
More
Peter King removed Antonio Brown from his All-Pro ballot because of his situation with the Steelers and said, "[Brown] wouldn't be among my top 10 or 20 receivers for the season." https://readsn.com/2BWfQEI

System where you have no leverageAntonio Brown added,

But Evans got into bashing TFFPK too

Quote:
Antonio Brown
‏Verified account

@AB84
20h20 hours ago
More Antonio Brown Retweeted Mike Evans
they give all these people power without no substance or no clue about anything just so they can flex some power or feel empowered by their opinion! no title can define me no man own me; only God!! Funny how they missed your great season as well just went unmentioned right smh

Quote:
Mike Evans

Verified account

@MikeEvans13_
Follow Follow @MikeEvans13_
More Mike Evans Retweeted Sporting News
Don’t care how long somebody has been a writer or in media. Saying shit like this has to get you removed from being an All Pro voter. Man said AB wasn’t a top 20 WR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:31 pm 

Quote:
Albert Breer

Verified account

@AlbertBreer
Following Following @AlbertBreer
More
Really good insight from @Realrclark25 on ESPN on the Antonio Brown situation. He said what you hear a lot if you're around the NFL, and goes for most people -- Getting paid only makes a guy more of what he already is.

I tend to agree with Ryan Clark but how is Tomlin skating in all of this. He is the enabler to all of this drama, he needs to be sent packing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:19 pm 

Twitter Aditi Kinkhabwala

Mike Tomlin is often called “a players’ coach,” a man who lets his players be men. Well... when Le’Veon Bell doesn’t return your call at all during a contract struggle, when Antonio Brown doesn’t return your call before a must-win game, is that a sign he’s netting their respect?

https://twitter.com/akinkhabwala/status ... 17089?s=21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:26 pm 

FUCKING MIKE TOMLIN LETTING THIS SHIT GO ON....

Quote:
There have been other anonymous accounts of players—who don’t get all the attention—being tired of having to clean up after him with the coaches not stepping in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:32 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:

Mike Tomlin is often called “a players’ coach,” a man who lets his players be men. Well... when Le’Veon Bell doesn’t return your call at all during a contract struggle, when Antonio Brown doesn’t return your call before a must-win game, is that a sign he’s netting their respect?

Not a Tomlin fan, but these two are just assholes. They wouldn't call any coach back. Neither responded to Ben either, so does he not command respect, or Pouncey, Decasteo, etc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:41 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
Albert Breer

Verified account

@AlbertBreer
Following Following @AlbertBreer
More
Really good insight from @Realrclark25 on ESPN on the Antonio Brown situation. He said what you hear a lot if you're around the NFL, and goes for most people -- Getting paid only makes a guy more of what he already is.

I tend to agree with Ryan Clark but how is Tomlin skating in all of this. He is the enabler to all of this drama, he needs to be sent packing.

I watched the "round table" with Clark and others on the AB saga. Clark had some interesting things to say. One was that the team knows that Ben is not a leader and there had to be team meetings about this early in Ben's career. He held Tomlin at fault for not nipping this in the bud earlier. Mostly he thinks that this is what AB is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 pm 

Frickin kills me that if he gets traded, all the positive expectations for the unprecedented cap space goes *POOF*.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
so i must have missed this, Per @AlbertBreer, Brown has explained to those close to him that he didn’t feel some of his teammates were as invested in 2018 as he was, and it was showing up in their work, and he was fed up with it. The standard, as he saw it, was slipping.

Major damage control from ab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Is he wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Is he wrong?

maybe not if you re buying what he has to say. I personally find it laughable.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:

Aditi needs to get the other talking heads to listen to her, and Mark Madden needs to get Pittsburgh reporters listening to him and following suit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 48  Next