It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: More AB Drama / Trade Request merged thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:49 pm 

bottom line it was AB the quit on his team and has refused to call any teammates or bosses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 am 

The Milledgeville was a nail biter. I thought we lost Ben forever, either by arrest, and if not that a trade. Remember when he showed up all sheepish and shaggy at that press conference? Scary time for Steeler fans.,,,vor you B2B,,.couldnt quote your post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charlie Batch, voice of reason.

SteelDrama wrote:
Charlie Batch, buddy of Ben

These posts, back to back, got a good chuckle out of me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Amazing to me that Tomlin isn't being held accountable for this. It's HIS locker room. He's the head honcho. The CEO. His main job is making sure that the locker room is cohesive.

After Bell and Blount showed up stoned to a team flight he should have known that he can't count on these guys to police themselves.

Tomlin was a great hire for a veteran (HOF) laden team that already had cohesion and found ultimate success. He's a terrible choice for a young team that needs someone to actually lead them. Basically he was allowed to coast with the team Cowher built. Once the guard turned over, the locker room has basically become a very talented, but toxic wasteland. All the talent in the world can't cover up the fact that the team is dysfunctional.

Keeping him on board after he's seemingly lost the locker room will be a decision Rooney regrets. Sometimes you have to make the bold choice. Other teams have turned over coaches with success.

Look at your sig, CT. That just about says it all. Tomlin has been letting him do whatever he wants for years now with zero accountability. It truly is bizarre.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm 

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... zedFor=AMP
James Harrison...hmmmm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:11 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014985/article/james-harrison-pins-blame-for-drama-on-mike-tomlin?remove_shell&type=ios&aid=2DD214E18507DC3D-6000011A60000A12&mcid=60345454734765423832327199772117613771&reportSuite=nflmobilephoneapp&siteSubsection=featured&optimizedFor=AMP
James Harrison...hmmmm

Damn Deebo is still f'n huge. TD looks tiny next to him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm 

JaySteel72 wrote:
The Milledgeville was a nail biter. I thought we lost Ben forever, either by arrest, and if not that a trade. Remember when he showed up all sheepish and shaggy at that press conference? Scary time for Steeler fans.,,,vor you B2B,,.couldnt quote your post.

I remember sweating through the entire first round of the 2010 draft fearing they would break in with a blockbuster trade announcement with the Steelers sending Ben somewhere for picks. I did NOT appreciate Deuce making me worry like that.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
bottom line it was AB the quit on his team and has refused to call any teammates or bosses.

:!:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 pm 

AB needs to man up here at some point and get away from social media

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 pm 

JJSS suggests Steelers stop being Kardashians and play ball:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25893413/juju-smith-schuster-steelers-got-stop-being-divas-kardashians

I don’t disagree but just another reminder of how fucking annoying this dumb team is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 pm 

https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1091138142332162048

For the love of God trade him soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 pm 

TB wrote:

Lordy that man needs help. What the fuck was that?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm 

I blame Ben for AB’s bizarre behavior and appearance.

PS All kidding aside...I’m actually worried something is mentally wrong with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:04 pm 

TB wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:04 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

PS All kidding aside...I’m actually worried something is mentally wrong with him.

He's gone Kanye.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
TB wrote:

From the twitter thread:
Quote:
He looks like the result of Coolio & Hulk Hogan blasting in a chick at the same time.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:00 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
TB wrote:

From the twitter thread:
Quote:
He looks like the result of Coolio & Hulk Hogan blasting in a chick at the same time.

Looks like he's been smoking with Bell and Martavis in that video.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
TB wrote:

From the twitter thread:
Quote:

Good thing he has his goat ring on...What a fucking train wreck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am 

Its like hes trying to act, look, talk, tweet as idiotic and moronic as he can so we trade him. Or is he really this dumb? I do not remember him being this dumb earlier in his career. When he is a 50 year old man he will really look back at stuff like this and regret it, he has to. Has he surpassed Leveon in terms of being number one enemy in Pitt now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 am 

TB wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

He's gone Kanye.

This. And you never, ever go full Kanye.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
Its like hes trying to act, look, talk, tweet as idiotic and moronic as he can so we trade him. Or is he really this dumb? I do not remember him being this dumb earlier in his career. When he is a 50 year old man he will really look back at stuff like this and regret it, he has to. Has he surpassed Leveon in terms of being number one enemy in Pitt now?

I do wonder if it’s an act too, but for some reason I don’t think so.

He’s been flipping out all year...did he really start planning his exit all the way back with the helicopter entry, tossing his furniture off the balcony, and blasting up McKnight Road?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:58 am 

So bizzar

He is doing everything possible to force the Steelers to trade him.
Doing everything possible to diminish his value and further screw his team and fellow players.
Walking out on teammates
Not returning calls or communicating with the HC, brothers on the team, the owner / guy that writes the checks, the GM, etc.

The PS have been nothing but good for this jerk.
Paid him much earlier than just about an WR was ever paid before playing a third NFL season. They gave him the contract Wallace was supposed to get.
After 2 years in the NFL, he was given a 5 year $42.5 million contract.

As a comparison, OBJ, a 1st round pick, played 4 full years before he was given a big contract. AB played 2 and got paid.
After 2 years with a combined 85 career catches for 1,267 yards and 2 TD.......The PS paid him big.

A fan base that loved him.

Continued to give him more of his money sooner by re-structuring many pre-seasons by turning salary into a bonus check. ( cap space help )
2013 - Restructure bones of $3.85 m
2014 - Restructure bones of $5.27 m
2016 - Restructure bones of $8.975 m spread over 16' and 17'

Fed him the ball over the last 6 years with more targets than any other WR in NFL history ever saw.

Played for an enabler of a HC that allowed him to do what ever the hell he wanted, show up late, skip meetings and walk-thrus, live off campus during camp, show up late on game days, the list goes on.

Awarded him with another big payday, putting him back to the top of the WR payscale in 2017 w/ 4 year $68 m deal.
2018 - Gave him more money sooner and Converted $6.96M in 2018 salary & a $6M roster bonus.

Much of the restructuring over the years is why he has such a huge dead cap hit. Pushing money down the road.

Hence, this guy got alot of his money sooner than later and is now looking at his actual salary of $12.6, $11.3 and $12.5 over the last three years of his contract............
And sees this as why he is not appreciated by the organization.

He has most likely ripped and burned his way thru alot of his money the way he lives, homes, cars, wardrobe, etc,
I would imagine $12 million a year after taxes ( $7.6 m) , agent ( 5 - 10%) ? , expenses, hanger ons.

And after all this, he has put his team, organization, team mates, fan base, etc................in such a bad spot, of diminishing value, of locker room turmoil, team chemistry, team talent loss, etc, etc.

With all he has done over the last 2 months, done to a respected team and respected ownership............
Has he caught the eye of Goodell?
Would not be surprised if RG is looking at the potential black eye that AB is heading towards for the PS, the NFL its Brand, etc.

Can they still get a 1st rounder for him?

He want to go to the 49ers? He thinks he can do what he did to this team and still control what he would like?

Almost any team he would be traded to in the top 10-11 picks have young QB's or are looking for a QB. Not seeing 150-170 Ben type throws.

I would slip some trade rumors of sending him to Detroit for the 8th pick. will not win, but would have a good chance to continue piling stats w/ Stafford
Buffalo for the 9th pick. Nice young QB throwing into wind and snow. ( Can picture AB now after another 3 and out sitting with the full body parker, tucked into the heated bench)
Have fun in those cities for those teams. Business would be booming.

How about Washington for the 15th pick?

Done rambling.
Just disgusted at how this guy has turned out.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:07 am 

He has just totally fucked the Steelers! Anyone watching that vid see a guy who is both wacked out on drugs and mentally collapsing. His trade stock just went from a 1 or 2, down to a 4th or 5th round pick. how can he possibly look in the mirror and say, "Damn, I look good!" It doesn't help that the media tells him he always looks fly. She shoulda said, "WTF were you thinking - interview over!!! (drop mic and walk away shaking head).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 am 

alancac98 wrote:
He has just totally fucked the Steelers! Anyone watching that vid see a guy who is both wacked out on drugs and mentally collapsing. His trade stock just went from a 1 or 2, down to a 4th or 5th round pick. how can he possibly look in the mirror and say, "Damn, I look good!" It doesn't help that the media tells him he always looks fly. She shoulda said, "WTF were you thinking - interview over!!! (drop mic and walk away shaking head).

What NFL / Media interview will finally stand up, stick the mic in his face and ask the real questions?
Instead of complementing him and kissing his ass.

Why did you leave your teammates hanging?
If all you want to do is win...........Did you not care about making the playoff?
Why did you walk on them when they need you the most?
Why leave the stadium during the game? Give a shit to stick around and see if they won?
Do you want to play for the PS in 2019?
Why have you not spoken to your HC, GM or owner?
Do you have mental health or drug issues, Are you seeking help other than Terrel Owens, Shannon Sharp and Jerry Rice.......

Have they no shame of what this guy did to his team , his coach, his gm his owner, his teammates, his loyal fans, his city.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next