It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Penalties
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am 

Only one penalty (defensive). I think the mental preparation and execution on both sides of the ball needs to be given as much credit for the win as anything. No drive stallers for our offense. No drive extenders* for Carolina. No lapses in composure to distract from the task at hand.

If you think about it, we scored on 8 possessions. One penalty on each of 5 of those drives could have taken 35 points off the board and given Carolina considerably more time with the ball in Cam's hands. That's just 5 penalties!

*Artie Burns. Don't know if he had been on the field in the first half, but it looked like his first play resulted in pass interference in the end zone. He was actually in good coverage until the ball got close. It looked like he was even tracking it. Then he forgot how to run. He looked downright spastic. Sad.

Post subject: Re: Penalties
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 am 

Short weeks always make for anomalies which typically go AGAINST the visiting team.

Not whining about the win, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Short weeks always make for anomalies which typically go AGAINST the visiting team.

Not whining about the win, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet

Thursday Night football has been good to home teams.
Short week, no travel for home team.
Short week, travel and less prep time for visiting team.

Home team is 7-3.
Average score in the 10 Thursday games this year is 36-18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm 

Panthers board at SB nation are crying over the officiating.

AB held DB on his long TD
McDonald pushed off and bobbled the ball
Multiple bad spots
H2H hit on cam by Watt, Reid ejected for his hit on BR sliding.

Whatever. . .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Multiple bad spots

Whatever. . .

- That was handfighting and it happens on most deep pass plays. That never gets called
- No on the pushoff. I'll buy the gripe on the bobble, but everyone seems to be forgetting that Carolina was whistled for a 15 yard penalty on that play. Even if it was ruled incomplete, it's 1st and goal from the 6.
- I can think of two. I was laughing when Rivera challenged the 2nd and inches spot. The McDonald first down is a legit complaint, but the game was already out of hand by that point.
- Are they on glue? Watt never made contact with Cam's head. Cam was rattled because Watt smoked his bad shoulder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

We have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, if not the most. Week in and week out we discuss/argue/lament the penalties. Some attribute them to Tomlin. Some to the drama surrounding us. But they have been a major factor, regardless of our opinions as to why they happen.

I'm making a thread about a penalty free* performance that was our absolute best effort of the season to date (and that's an understatement).

Why you have to show up talking about sucking dicks is beyond me. Why not just agree/disagree/discuss? If you can't do that, why not, respectfully, fuck off?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:15 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Multiple bad spots

Whatever. . .

- That was handfighting and it happens on most deep pass plays. That never gets called
- No on the pushoff. I'll buy the gripe on the bobble, but everyone seems to be forgetting that Carolina was whistled for a 15 yard penalty on that play. Even if it was ruled incomplete, it's 1st and goal from the 6.
- I can think of two. I was laughing when Rivera challenged the 2nd and inches spot. The McDonald first down is a legit complaint, but the game was already out of hand by that point.
- Are they on glue? Watt never made contact with Cam's head. Cam was rattled because Watt smoked his bad shoulder.
Yeah. On glue. The only questionable call for me was the mcdonald bobble. The way the game was unfolding, they would have scored regardless.

They say Watt was leading with the helmet. But in replay, his shoulders and arms arrived at the same time. It was a textbook, hard hit imo. I didn't initially think Reid should have been ejected, but he did spear a player surrendering. I would have just thrown the flag and been done with it. Intentional? Only reid knows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:29 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Multiple bad spots

Whatever. . .

Yeah. The only questionable call for me was the mcdonald bobble. The way the game was unfolding, they would have scored regardless.

They say Watt was leading with the helmet. But in replay, his shoulders and arms arrived at the same time. It was a textbook, hard hit imo. I didn't initially think Reid should have been ejected, but he did spear a player surrendering. I would have just thrown the flag and been done with it. Intentional? Only reid knows.

My only issue with Watt's tackle was that he dipped his helmet. Not only does that give more evidence of leading with the helmet, but it's not safe for Watt. We all know what dipping the helmet can do.

I immediately called for Reid to be ejected. Ben had started the slide. And Reid could see that. But not only did he not try to pull up, it looked like he was angling down with his helmet to inflict more punishment. It wasn't a bang bang play. There was time to adjust. He didn't.

And Vance's first down was a terrible spot. Legit complaint if I was Carolina.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:02 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Multiple bad spots

Whatever. . .

I can honestly say last night was one of the first times in a long time that I felt we were getting more of the calls, if you will - not that we really needed it. It was nice a for change. I guess this is what NE feels like all the time! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:05 pm 

DP39 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Multiple bad spots

Whatever. . .

I can honestly say last night was one of the first times in a long time that I felt we were getting more of the calls, if you will - not that we really needed it. It was nice a for change. I guess this is what NE feels like all the time! :roll:

Lmao. Right on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

I noticed the no penalties too. in a blow out. oh we will receive pay back u can bet your ass. everything went our way. they will swap up vs pats or in critical close game.