It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Troy Aikman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:51 am 

What in the hell does he look at when watching film, or does he?

He mentioned that not only is Lev Bell the better all around player, he is also "more explosive" than Conner.

In what way Troy, has Bell been more explosive? Did he see any of LB last season? Not sure what he's smoking but it's not even close.

Can't thing of some other crap he said, but I kept thinking that he does not watch games with the things he's saying.

Post subject: Re: Troy Aikman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am 

The idiots on the NFL network pregame basically said the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 am 

I yelled at the tv a few times last night. One was when Reid hit Ben during the slide. Another was immediately after when we were about to cross the line and turn his personal foul into offsetting penalties. And the last one was when Aikman said Bell was more explosive.

I'm so sick of the insanity.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 am 

Last edited by W&M_Steeler on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 am 

7forSteel wrote:
I yelled at the tv a few times last night. One was when Reid hit Ben during the slide. Another was immediately after when we were about to cross the line and turn his personal foul into offsetting penalties. And the last one was when Aikman said Bell was more explosive.

Another was when they both acted like the Vance 1st down call was way way off. They didnt even see that it was where he caught the ball not where he ended up. Its like they were talking and werent even watching the game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am 

Fuck him and his wristband hoarding.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am 

I was in the car listening to the Westwood One radio broadcast for the first quarter. Tony Boselli is so, so bad. Worse than Jason Witten. Worse than early Solomon Wilcots.

The state of commentating these days is atrocious.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am 

Yeah, I sure miss these guys -- CBS did the SB X and XIV broadcasts (but was not a fan of some other clowns of the 70s like NBC's Merlin Olsen) ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
7forSteel wrote:

Another was when they both acted like the Vance 1st down call was way way off. They didnt even see that it was where he caught the ball not where he ended up. Its like they were talking and werent even watching the game.

If you didn’t yell at the TV when they posted the Chuck “Knoll” graphic, turn in your Steelers fan card.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you didn’t yell at the TV when they posted the Chuck “Knoll” graphic, turn in your Steelers fan card.

Maybe the Blonde Bomber (Bradshaw for you kids nowadays) snuck into the booth and made that "edit"?? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am 

He also said Haley was a really good OC... so...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am 

I kind of like Aikman (commentating screw-ups withstanding). He reminds me of that half-drunk uncle that just says fuck it, lets party; I don't care. Maybe he's a little punch-drunk, who knows. :lol:

Another guy I like is Romo. I know both are ex-Cryboys (throw-up in my mouth a little), but they're both kind of funny (in their own ways) to me. As dudes, I'd have a beer with either of them, no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm 

I pissed next to Aikman in the press box bathrooms at Heinz. He washed his hands and then used sanitizer twice.

Then Bill DeFabio cut in front of him to get a hot dog t halftime.

Troy was super cool to everyone and we had pleasant 15 second conversation at the sink. I dont hate the guy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I kind of like Aikman (commentating screw-ups withstanding). He reminds me of that half-drunk uncle that just says fuck it, lets party; I don't care. Maybe he's a little punch-drunk, who knows. :lol:

Another guy I like is Romo. I know both are ex-Cryboys (throw-up in my mouth a little), but they're both kind of funny (in their own ways) to me. As dudes, I'd have a beer with either of them, no problem.

Romo is the current gold standard. Wish there were more guys like him

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:

No thanks, dude NEVER shuts up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm 

fortythree wrote:
I pissed next to Aikman in the press box bathrooms at Heinz. He washed his hands and then used sanitizer twice.

Then Bill DeFabio cut in front of him to get a hot dog t halftime.

Troy was super cool to everyone and we had pleasant 15 second conversation at the sink. I dont hate the guy.

Does he look like he's a made of wax in person too?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:

No thanks, dude NEVER shuts up.

But he does watch film and he learns offensive tendencies. He calls the exact play that is going to be run multiple times a game and usually knows where the ball is going pre snap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:19 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
He also said Haley was a really good OC... so...

Hell, i was on Scout today and alot of them are still saying Haley is a good OC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 pm 

There was a point late in the fourth quarter where Aikman was gushing about the historic continuity and culture of the Steelers franchise which, given his public comments about his Dallas Cowboys recently, made me actually feel a little sad for the guy, even after going the game without mentioning Gilbert was out, Conner's lack of burst, etc. He's legitimately envious of the Steelers franchise as a former player.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm 

A little sad
Please, don't ever pity the boys.