It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:45 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
There’s a pattern for the last 4 years that the Steelers and Ben start the regular season slowly and get stronger as the season progresses. Every year after 4-5 games fans on this very website say Ben has lost it. Ben is old. But by weeks 10 to 16 wondering if he is an all-pro.

It’s also notable that at age 36, Ben is taking his conditioning and diet more seriously than ever before. And it shows. Overall Ben has played the last 4 years including this season, on par or arguably better than any 4 year stretch during his career. Ben is far from done.

Ben's training camp takes place in September.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The other thing that was back?

The “fuck yinz all...this is MY game” look in his eye.

The “zone” that Mean Joe Greene talked about.

Ben was in it last night.

He didn’t even have his usual boneheaded play...everything he did was correct.

Well...there was one risky throw I remember, but even that he threw so well I wasn’t worried about it.

Sorry to change the subject in light of the best performance I have ever seen out of Ben, but that Mean Joe Greene clip about "The Zone" gives me the shivers every single time I hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:44 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
There’s a pattern for the last 4 years that the Steelers and Ben start the regular season slowly and get stronger as the season progresses. Every year after 4-5 games fans on this very website say Ben has lost it. Ben is old. But by weeks 10 to 16 wondering if he is an all-pro.

It’s also notable that at age 36, Ben is taking his conditioning and diet more seriously than ever before. And it shows. Overall Ben has played the last 4 years including this season, on par or arguably better than any 4 year stretch during his career. Ben is far from done.

you know if true id like to thank Brady! his play at elderly age and wish to play longer may have inspired ben to do same and take care of his health more now. he does look more nimble and healthy.