It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brown is fast both on and off the field :-)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm 

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny/14 ... oad-police

He's in a hurry to beat the Panthers!

Post subject: Re: Brown is fast both on and off the field :-)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:41 pm 

How the hell can you get a car up to 100mph on McKinghtmare road? Unless it was middle of the night and nobody was on it. This guy’s story won’t end well

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:41 pm 

I'd consider myself a sports car aficionado who has spent more than his fair share of time over 100 mph and understands the fun in driving fast, especially in what I'm assuming is a top-tier Porsche 911 that can do so effortlessly....but I definitely wouldn't be doing 100 mph on McKnight, even knowing that the section on which he got pulled over is a little more open.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:47 pm 

SP wrote:
How the hell can you get a car up to 100mph on McKinghtmare road? Unless it was middle of the night and nobody was on it. This guy’s story won’t end well

There's a stretch before McCandless Crossing that opens up a bit when it's not rush hour (which is where he got pulled over). And it doesn't take an upper-tier Porsche any effort at all to get to 100. I had a Corvette that I hit 100 mph with multiple times, completely on accident (and have even done it in my current WRX STI on accident). You seriously don't notice that speed anywhere near as much in a car like that.

It's definitely dumb and I'd never do it on McKnight, but it could very well be a lot more innocent than people think.

Or he was being a douche.

I don't claim to know which, just saying both are plausible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:58 pm 

speeding ticket. who cares. i'll take that over a dumb tweet or sideline hissy fit any day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

I have a Hellcat that can hit a 100 really quick, especially if you're already rolling at 50-60MPH, it's seconds.

I don't know the road so I cannot comment. I've certainly driven over the speed limit and in excess, but remote and known areas.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

The officer did write the ticket upside down, so I'm not sure it counts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:09 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
It's definitely dumb and I'd never do it on McKnight, but it could very well be a lot more innocent than people think.

I drive a Honda Fit and so I have no clue how one "accidentally starts going 100 mph," but it seems to me that in order to do 100 on a busy thoroughfare (McKNight is HEAVILY trafficked IIRC), you have to be a moron of the highest intensity. Surprised he wasn't thrown in jail for reckless endangerment. He should have been.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I drive a Honda Fit and so I have no clue how one "accidentally starts going 100 mph," but it seems to me that in order to do 100 on a busy thoroughfare (McKNight is HEAVILY trafficked IIRC), you have to be a moron of the highest intensity. Surprised he wasn't thrown in jail for reckless endangerment. He should have been.

McKnight is heavily trafficed during rush hour. He got pulled over on a stretch north of the mall. If it wasn't during rush hour, I'd be willing to bet there weren't many cars around him at all. I drive up that road pretty frequently. The stretch before the mall is heavy traffic. But after you get by it, it opens up significantly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

Just glad it was wreckless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm 

SP wrote:

McKnight Road at Babcock Boulevard is a straight, wide stretch of road.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

McKnight is heavily trafficed during rush hour. He got pulled over on a stretch north of the mall. If it wasn't during rush hour, I'd be willing to bet there weren't many cars around him at all. I drive up that road pretty frequently. The stretch before the mall is heavy traffic. But after you get by it, it opens up significantly.

I did get the Fit up to 85 on the highway once, but I thought I saw wormhole in the space-time fabric begin to open so I slowed down.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I did get the Fit up to 85 on the highway once, but I thought I saw wormhole in the space-time fabric begin to open so I slowed down.

Haha. What, did you drive it off a cliff?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm 

Quote:
I have no clue how one "accidentally starts going 100 mph,

I think a more appropriate term would be “easily” rather than accidentally.

It’s no accident to find yourself at that speed.

In the car he was driving it is suuuuper easy to bump up to a 100. Especially if already rolling along at a decent clip.

The acceleration in those things is instant & fierce.

Thankfully nobody was hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

In the car he was driving it is suuuuper easy to bump up to a 100. Especially if already rolling along at a decent clip.

Yes, in his 911 (top of the line I'm assuming) to go from 55 to 100 it would only take about 4 seconds and about 1/3+ mile stretch of road. Still kinda stupid for that road. Ballers gonna Ball though. :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

I no joke did it accidentally. Granted, it was on the interstate and not McKnight where the speed limit was 70 and not 45 (or whatever Mcknight is), so it was a smaller gap to accidentally go over, but still.

My wife was in the car with me and we were driving to DC. Like I said in a previous post, I like to drive fast and have fun, but never with another person in the car with me, and never on road that's prone to traffic. So it was never, ever, ever something I'd purposely do with my wife with me.

But anyways, we were just kind of cruising along. There were some other cars on the highway as well, so I didn't have the cruise control set. And I looked down at my speedo at one point and went "Holy shit, we're doing 100". My wife had absolutely no idea, either. She was staring out the window, admiring the landscape or whatever and never said a word about it until I pointed it out.

In my dumber days, I hit 155 mph in my Corvette while driving down an 8-lane highway in Kentucky that was surrounded by cliffs on either side, with no cars in site. That was dumb under any context. But, while it was a bit more extreme, the car was still crazy compliant. If that car didn't have the heads up display, and things weren't passing by so quickly, I'd have had no idea I was going that fast. There was no shaking, no extra noise in the car...nothing.

Cars that are made to go fast make going fast completely effortless. And honestly, it actually removes some of the adrenaline out of going fast because it feels so safe (even if it isn't).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:10 pm 

I’m assuming it’s top end as well given the kind of discretionary funds he has for such toys.

I’d also be willing to bet that 4 second number you mentioned is on the high side. I just did some looking. The least expensive 911 is currently the base model Carrera at $91,000.

Spits out 370 HP and will do 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Can achieve a 4 second 0-60 if you opt for the perfoemvae tune which boost Hp and torque.

The top of the line model is 911 GT2 RS. 700 HP engine that will do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. That car runs $293,000.

Lots of option in between the $91k Porsche and the $293k Porsche that will do sub 4 second 0-60.

And here is the thing, as fast as they are at gettin from 0 to 60 they are even faster getting from 60 to 100.

Reckless sure but extremely easy to reach that speed in that car.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:16 pm 

Quote:
Cars that are made to go fast make going fast completely effortless. And honestly, it actually removes some of the adrenaline out of going fast because it feels so safe (even if it isn't).

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:18 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

I no joke did it accidentally. Granted, it was on the interstate and not McKnight where the speed limit was 70 and not 45 (or whatever Mcknight is), so it was a smaller gap to accidentally go over, but still.

My wife was in the car with me and we were driving to DC. Like I said in a previous post, I like to drive fast and have fun, but never with another person in the car with me, and never on road that's prone to traffic. So it was never, ever, ever something I'd purposely do with my wife with me.

But anyways, we were just kind of cruising along. There were some other cars on the highway as well, so I didn't have the cruise control set. And I looked down at my speedo at one point and went "Holy shit, we're doing 100". My wife had absolutely no idea, either. She was staring out the window, admiring the landscape or whatever and never said a word about it until I pointed it out.

In my dumber days, I hit 155 mph in my Corvette while driving down an 8-lane highway in Kentucky that was surrounded by cliffs on either side, with no cars in site. That was dumb under any context. But, while it was a bit more extreme, the car was still crazy compliant. If that car didn't have the heads up display, and things weren't passing by so quickly, I'd have had no idea I was going that fast. There was no shaking, no extra noise in the car...nothing.

I topped out a BMW 540i at about 158mph on the Autobahn (driving alone). It felt like I was going 90 on a highway in the states. Porsches and other sports cars were occasionally blowing by me at over 200, I'm sure. It was actually a slightly overcast/rainy/misty day too. Crazy...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:26 pm 

There is now a performance tune and free flow exhaust that can be added to the 540i. Not aftermarket stuff that’s been around forever but a dealer or port installed accessory (compatible with original car warranty) that turns a pretty good performing car into a completely different vehicle.

It’s very impressive. The additional HP and particularly the additional torque gives the car soooo much more ooomph

Don’t think it changes too end speed as that is electronically limited but it does boost acceleration and shorten 0-60 and 60-100 considerably.