It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 17833
TB wrote:
SP wrote:
Maybe if they are Darrell Green... I don’t think the average person realizes how fast a 4.6 really is.


The average male won't come close to a 5.0 40, let alone anything under that.

I ran a 5.42 in street clothes during the combine... at age 54. I feel pretty good about that lol

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7790
I can’t get off the couch in 4.6 seconds...

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 2273
Jobus Rum wrote:
I can’t get off the couch in 4.6 seconds...


The question is, why the hell would you want to?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1380
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14267808-74/former-nfl-rb-says-leveon-bells-agent-didnt-understand-franchise-tag-rules

Le'Veon Bell's agent didn't understand franchise-tag rules :lol:

_________________

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7790
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I can’t get off the couch in 4.6 seconds...


The question is, why the hell would you want to?

I’ve contemplated that many, many times... ;)

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3565
Location: Upstate NY
Jobus Rum wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I can’t get off the couch in 4.6 seconds...


The question is, why the hell would you want to?

I’ve contemplated that many, many times... ;)



Best laugh of the day! Excellent posts!

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2466
Not a fan of Cowherd but he has a very interesting take on Bell's agent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3388
Bell removed all references to the Steelers from his social media profiles today. Fucking drama queen, probably a sign he sits out the season. As it sits today I see 8 potential landing spots for him next year in respect to need and cap space.

Jets
Texans
Ravens
Raiders
Lions
Packers
Colts
Dolphins

Packers and Ravens being unlikely to get into a bidding war for him. Texans and Colts probably best fit for him offensively. He’s done here officially on Tuesday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 am
Posts: 334
Thank God we’re almost done with this fucking asshole...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 am
Posts: 334
Can u imagine what Arrowhead would have done to him in practice years ago??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1726
Tuesday @ 4 PM the Lev Bell saga will come to an end as well as his Steeler career.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3678
Cowherd nailed it with that Bell’s agent rant. But as a Steelers fan I put it on both Bell and his agent. They turned down 2 contract offers. They over-estimated Bell’s value. They were difficult, while other Steelers were on board and getting their contracts. Bell is the one who hired his agent.

Maybe Bell will get his money next year from another team. Maybe he has enough left in the tank for a few solid years with another team. I don’t hold any grudge against Bell and wish him the best. He was a great RB for the Steelers who could have made things easy by just signing the contract and going on to a potential HOF career. Instead he has lost a year in a short RB shelf life and yes his agent deserves some of the blame.

We should be thanking Bell and his agent. If not for them we might have never found out how good James Conner can be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 1125
Stallworth16 wrote:
Cowherd nailed it with that Bell’s agent rant. But as a Steelers fan I put it on both Bell and his agent. They turned down 2 contract offers. They over-estimated Bell’s value. They were difficult, while other Steelers were on board and getting their contracts. Bell is the one who hired his agent.

Maybe Bell will get his money next year from another team. Maybe he has enough left in the tank for a few solid years with another team. I don’t hold any grudge against Bell and wish him the best. He was a great RB for the Steelers who could have made things easy by just signing the contract and going on to a potential HOF career. Instead he has lost a year in a short RB shelf life and yes his agent deserves some of the blame.

We should be thanking Bell and his agent. If not for them we might have never found out how good James Conner can be.


My feelings exactly. I don't have any ill-will towards Bell or his agent. I'm just glad that they prevented the Steelers from breaking the bank on signing Bell to an overprice extension.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4356
I feel like a moron for wanting us to open up the checkbook for this guy this past offseason.

Good f'n riddance.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2466
Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3565
Location: Upstate NY
stillthere wrote:
Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:



Hahahahaha

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:36 pm
Posts: 338
SP wrote:
Bell removed all references to the Steelers from his social media profiles today. Fucking drama queen, probably a sign he sits out the season. As it sits today I see 8 potential landing spots for him next year in respect to need and cap space.

Jets
Texans
Ravens
Raiders
Lions
Packers
Colts
Dolphins

Packers and Ravens being unlikely to get into a bidding war for him. Texans and Colts probably best fit for him offensively. He’s done here officially on Tuesday.


Not sure Houston would be interested when they have Lamar Miller who they already invested in and is producing and only 27.

Baltimore I guess if they really are giving up on Alex Collins after half a season of down production.

Skeptical Detroit would be interested after drafting Kerryon Johnson in the 2nd round and him having decent production this year.

Raiders are in midst of a full on rebuild. Will they really spend major money to bring in a running back? Possibly I suppose if they are looking for a splash signing to win back fans.

Packers are in need of a RB and have been for some time but signing Bell would be a pretty uncharacteristic move for them.

IMO Colts and Jets are the likely front runners to sign Bell but I just don’t see a large market for him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 17833
Packers have Aaron Jones... who's only been the most productive per-snap RB in the NFL this year.

Marlon Mack and Bell would be a nice combo in Indy.

The Raiders have already said they have the RB of their future in Chris Warren-- realized he was playing with torn ACL at end of preseason and they shut him down for the season.

Indy and NYJ are where my money's at, although the Redskins are always in play.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 am
Posts: 780
They of course will not identify the source but there was a report on Sirius 88 that Bell looked a little heavy.
What does that even mean? We will know Tuesday but hopefully he doesnt get a hamstring pulled or a quad, etc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 798
Joey's Pitbull wrote:
They of course will not identify the source but there was a report on Sirius 88 that Bell looked a little heavy.
What does that even mean? We will know Tuesday but hopefully he doesnt get a hamstring pulled or a quad, etc

When you aren't in a full team training regimen those things happen ....... for real, not just faking by Bell the Rapper & Actor. Just look at Dez, he thought he was in good shape but after just 2 days of practice with the Saints it looks ike he is done for the year (reminds me of when we traded with AZ for an o-line guy that never played a snap).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2522 ... n-practice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A closer look at Bell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11105
stay away bell; go find leggaret blount and chill out!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreekSteel, jewelsongs, the-other-burg and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group