It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11043
swissvale72 wrote:
Why's everyone so surprised that up 7 points, 2nd & 20 at our own 5, 4Q...we're throwing the ball? Regardless of who's under center?

agree! lol. . I thought dobbs would hand off to Conner and punt coming. noway in hell did I think dobbs was going for it!!! huge huge play on that win. great pass by dobbs coming into game ice cold and in hostile place when crowd was bloodthirsty! awesome. can u imagine the tomlin rage if hobbs threw a pic 6? gutsy pass!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4807
bam morris wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Why's everyone so surprised that up 7 points, 2nd & 20 at our own 5, 4Q...we're throwing the ball? Regardless of who's under center?

agree! lol. . I thought dobbs would hand off to Conner and punt coming. noway in hell did I think dobbs was going for it!!! huge huge play on that win. great pass by dobbs coming into game ice cold and in hostile place when crowd was bloodthirsty! awesome. can u imagine the tomlin rage if hobbs threw a pic 6? gutsy pass!


wait a second Bam -- you said you "agree!" with Swiss, but then you go on and explain how totally shocked you were that Dobbs actually THREW the ball and didn't just hand it off, as EVERYONE expected him to do.

But Swiss did NOT say that --- he is saying that NO ONE should be surprised that we executed a pass play in these circumstances. He believes that it was NOT a shocking, unexpected play call.

So, you should have started by saying DISAGREE!, not "agree!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 467
steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Why's everyone so surprised that up 7 points, 2nd & 20 at our own 5, 4Q...we're throwing the ball? Regardless of who's under center?

agree! lol. . I thought dobbs would hand off to Conner and punt coming. noway in hell did I think dobbs was going for it!!! huge huge play on that win. great pass by dobbs coming into game ice cold and in hostile place when crowd was bloodthirsty! awesome. can u imagine the tomlin rage if hobbs threw a pic 6? gutsy pass!


wait a second Bam -- you said you "agree!" with Swiss, but then you go on and explain how totally shocked you were that Dobbs actually THREW the ball and didn't just hand it off, as EVERYONE expected him to do.

But Swiss did NOT say that --- he is saying that NO ONE should be surprised that we executed a pass play in these circumstances. He believes that it was NOT a shocking, unexpected play call.

So, you should have started by saying DISAGREE!, not "agree!"

STOP!
He who would cross the Bridge of Death
Must answer me
These questions three
Ere the other side he see.

Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper...I am not afraid...

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

bam morris

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION?

agree! lol. .

...wait...what?...

NO!

DISAGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 pm
Posts: 49
Whether you somehow knew they were going to throw, or thought they were going to run....Dobbs made a great throw, on time, with all the pressure of being a backup in that situation.
That is a simple fact.
Add to that it was the biggest throw of his life...and it changed the flow of the game. I doubt Landry would have made that throw, but thankfully, we'll never know!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11043
I sorta thought Swiss was being sarcastic! :? either way one clutch throw. mo was switching and dobbs put a dagger in that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:42 pm
Posts: 242
Let's pump the brakes a little on this "great" play. Yes he came in cold and completed a pass. But it was nothing more than what a competent NFL QB is expected to do. A simple pitch and catch with an open receiver.

I have heard this throw referred to as a laser or a frozen rope. I do not agree. Based on the views of it that I have seen, it looks like it flutters a bit as it approaches JuJu.

All that said, I am certainly happy that he was able to come in and get it done. Being successful in that situation (a critical in-division game in a hostile environment, deep in your end and behind the sticks) shows that the NFL game is not too big for him. It eased my fears of having him as the back-up QB instead of ole Laundry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2309
stealin wrote:
Let's pump the brakes a little on this "great" play. Yes he came in cold and completed a pass. But it was nothing more than what a competent NFL QB is expected to do. A simple pitch and catch with an open receiver.

I have heard this throw referred to as a laser or a frozen rope. I do not agree. Based on the views of it that I have seen, it looks like it flutters a bit as it approaches JuJu.

All that said, I am certainly happy that he was able to come in and get it done. Being successful in that situation (a critical in-division game in a hostile environment, deep in your end and behind the sticks) shows that the NFL game is not too big for him. It eased my fears of having him as the back-up QB instead of ole Laundry.


Oh come on now. He chucked that pigskin over them there mountains.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Play of the Game: Dobbs --> Juju
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8683
7forSteel wrote:
STOP!
He who would cross the Bridge of Death
Must answer me
These questions three
Ere the other side he see.

Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper...I am not afraid...

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

bam morris

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION?

agree! lol. .

...wait...what?...

NO!

DISAGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Gotta love a Monty Python reference.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CzechSteeler, Google [Bot], Stillerz Bar and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group