It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4341
Possibly, but it's not only the opposing defense that would have to adjust. Our OL would have to adjust. I'm thinking if our OL can adjust, so can a defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3396
I really don’t want Bell back at all. And I was a fan until this off-season. Please just stay in Florida. Bell and his agent had their chances to sign a contract. They passed.

It took Bell 4 games last season to get up to speed and fit. Do we actually expect him to come in and play well? Is he even in shape. Fuck all the drama. I’m so done with Le’Veon Bell.

Conner continues to be great. But the Steelers have barely given Ridley and Samuels a chance and Both those guys can play. My point is Conner is a very good starter. Use Ridley and Samuels to lighten the load. Let Bell go to a different team.


Last edited by Stallworth16 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 488
Whatever is wrong with this offense, it isn’t the #1 running back position. Conner is getting it done, probably better than Bell ever has, almost certainly better than Bell could now. Bell is a fix for something that ain’t broke.

A lot is wrong with this team that could be addressed with the money we are planning to throw at Bell.

Move Bell. One way or the other. And use the savings on a top corner and/or an inside linebacker. Do that and we may be back in the Superbowl race.

Spend the week off working with Samuels and Washington. One or both of them may be part of the future. If not, let’s find out now rather than later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1533
Quixotic wrote:
Whatever is wrong with this offense, it isn’t the #1 running back position. Conner is getting it done, probably better than Bell ever has, almost certainly better than Bell could now. Bell is a fix for something that ain’t broke.

A lot is wrong with this team that could be addressed with the money we are planning to throw at Bell.

Move Bell. One way or the other. And use the savings on a top corner and/or an inside linebacker. Do that and we may be back in the Superbowl race.

Spend the week off working with Samuels and Washington. One or both of them may be part of the future. If not, let’s find out now rather than later.

Not directed at you personally, Quixotic, but I keep seeing this plan mentioned by other posters. Don't the players actually have most of the week off. Many of them may not even be in town, no? Of course, my hope would be that the whole team is practicing ever minute they can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 488
DP39 wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
Whatever is wrong with this offense, it isn’t the #1 running back position. Conner is getting it done, probably better than Bell ever has, almost certainly better than Bell could now. Bell is a fix for something that ain’t broke.

A lot is wrong with this team that could be addressed with the money we are planning to throw at Bell.

Move Bell. One way or the other. And use the savings on a top corner and/or an inside linebacker. Do that and we may be back in the Superbowl race.

Spend the week off working with Samuels and Washington. One or both of them may be part of the future. If not, let’s find out now rather than later.

Not directed at you personally, Quixotic, but I keep seeing this plan mentioned by other posters. Don't the players actually have most of the week off. Many of them may not even be in town, no? Of course, my hope would be that the whole team is practicing ever minute they can.


Dunno. You could be right. Either way, the main point is that Bell does not help us, either in the short term or the long term. And his salary could be used in MUCH more helpful ways.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1533
Quixotic wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
Whatever is wrong with this offense, it isn’t the #1 running back position. Conner is getting it done, probably better than Bell ever has, almost certainly better than Bell could now. Bell is a fix for something that ain’t broke.

A lot is wrong with this team that could be addressed with the money we are planning to throw at Bell.

Move Bell. One way or the other. And use the savings on a top corner and/or an inside linebacker. Do that and we may be back in the Superbowl race.

Spend the week off working with Samuels and Washington. One or both of them may be part of the future. If not, let’s find out now rather than later.

Not directed at you personally, Quixotic, but I keep seeing this plan mentioned by other posters. Don't the players actually have most of the week off. Many of them may not even be in town, no? Of course, my hope would be that the whole team is practicing ever minute they can.


Dunno. You could be right. Either way, the main point is that Bell does not help us, either in the short term or the long term. And his salary could be used in MUCH more helpful ways.

Yep, 100% agree with everything you said.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7815
Stallworth16 wrote:
I really don’t want Bell back at all. And I was a fan until this off-season. Please just stay in Florida. Bell and his agent had their chances to sign a contract. They passed.

It took Bell 4 games last season to get up to speed and fit. Do we actually expect him to come in and play well? Is he even in shape. Fuck all the drama. I’m so done with Le’Veon Bell.

Conner continues to be great. But the Steelers have barely given Ridley and Samuels a chance and Both those guys can play. My point is Conner is a very good starter. Use Ridley and Samuels to lighten the load. Let Bell go to a different team.

Ridley's been getting carries. He's not exactly setting the world on fire.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 789
For what its worth, Ben says he doesn't want Bell back as a WR.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 391
Steelergenie wrote:
For what its worth, Ben says he doesn't want Bell back as a WR.

Ben says a lot of things. ;)

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13758
Can the Steelers seriously trust Bell to play 100%? Can they really trust Bell to have their best interests in mind? Winning a Championship?! Let me spell it out, Bell isn't trustworthy. His word means jackshit and the dude is just a complete distraction. I would feel better about this Bell situation if he was just cut or traded. Addition by subtraction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6536
Steelergenie wrote:
For what its worth, Ben says he doesn't want Bell back as a WR.
Makes sense. He doesn't want another narcissist whining and complaining after every snap that they wanted the ball and "chose a play to give me the ball!"

Oh wait. Bell doesn't want the ball. Or he does, when he doesn't after 6, no, 8, no, 10 games per season. Or if he gets paid enough because he's got dollar signs for pupils.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 391
Steelafan77 wrote:
Can the Steelers seriously trust Bell to play 100%? Can they really trust Bell to have their best interests in mind? Winning a Championship?! Let me spell it out, Bell isn't trustworthy. His word means jackshit and the dude is just a complete distraction. I would feel better about this Bell situation if he was just cut or traded. Addition by subtraction.

PREACH!

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Upstate NY
Steelafan77 wrote:
Can the Steelers seriously trust Bell to play 100%? Can they really trust Bell to have their best interests in mind? Winning a Championship?! Let me spell it out, Bell isn't trustworthy. His word means jackshit and the dude is just a complete distraction. I would feel better about this Bell situation if he was just cut or traded. Addition by subtraction.



This is where I'm at as well. Although I completely by in to the addition by subtraction mantra, I keep holding out hope that I'll wake up one of these days to him being traded for a defensive stud or a high draft choice. The push is, that's not going to happen. Bell isn't showing up until after the trade deadline because he knows at this point, they'd likely trade him for whatever the fuck they could get. Bell has soured for me. I'm in the fuck him camp. I'll still root for him if he does return to help us win a championship but at this point I hope even more that they win the whole fucking thing in spite of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3396
Poltargyst wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
I really don’t want Bell back at all. And I was a fan until this off-season. Please just stay in Florida. Bell and his agent had their chances to sign a contract. They passed.

It took Bell 4 games last season to get up to speed and fit. Do we actually expect him to come in and play well? Is he even in shape. Fuck all the drama. I’m so done with Le’Veon Bell.

Conner continues to be great. But the Steelers have barely given Ridley and Samuels a chance and Both those guys can play. My point is Conner is a very good starter. Use Ridley and Samuels to lighten the load. Let Bell go to a different team.

Ridley's been getting carries. He's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Ridley has 10 carries for 30 yards over 5 games. That’s not enough to judge him by. Ridley is a vet and he’s the quickest RB we have. He can play. I also think Samuels can perform if given the chance. Conner has been very good obviously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 789
Art ll just said he wants Bell back, no trades. Deuce is a Dunce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6979
Steelergenie wrote:
Art ll just said he wants Bell back, no trades. Deuce is a Dunce.

Don’t be surprised if they put on the full court press to re-sign him after the season. Don’t go spending that $14.5 mil just yet...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 391
Steelergenie wrote:
Art ll just said he wants Bell back, no trades. Deuce is a Dunce.

He absolutely did NOT say that.

"I expect him to be a member of the team going forward," Rooney said, in response to a question about trade talks ahead of the Oct. 30 trade deadline. "That's my expectation."

And you can read a lot into that. My take is that he is considering the current climate and making an assumption based on Bell's own perceived value, the interest from the league, the league's determined value, and Pittsburgh's determined value. Basically, he doesn't expect anyone to bring a viable offer to the table.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 789
Bell will hold out past the 10/30 no trade date and finish the season with the Steelers. Deuce may then push to try to resign him for 2019. Ouch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:36 pm
Posts: 328
The following items seem clear to me:

1. James Conner is the Steelers starting running back in 2019 and going forward.
2. LeVeon Bell will not be game ready whenever he does sign his franchise tag tender which I am expecting to happen after the 10th game of the season.
3. The Steelers are going to use the two week roster exemption on him whenever he does sign so he can work himself into game shape.

That means you have Levon Bell as a useful NFL player for this team for 4 games this season which are games against Oakland, New England, New Orleans and Cincinnati plus playoffs potentially. I can’t understand any reason why you would pull a productive James Conner out of the starting lineup and interrupt his tenure as the Steelers starting running back to get 4 games out of a player that has no investment in this team past those 4 games.

IMO the smart play here is to let Bell come back to the team for those 4 games as the backup running back to Conner. Let him get a handful of carries to keep him fresh and work him up to game speed in case there is an injury to Conner and you need him and play him in garbage time in the event of a blowout to protect Conner from getting injured. Seems like a win for both the Steelers and Bell. Steelers get a decent backup running back for their new pro bowler at the position and fresh legs down the stretch and Bell doesn’t have to worry about getting injured going into free agency since he’ll be on the bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers excited about a Conner/Bell RB duo
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 391
USS Steelerworks wrote:
The following items seem clear to me:

1. James Conner is the Steelers starting running back in 2019 and going forward.
2. LeVeon Bell will not be game ready whenever he does sign his franchise tag tender which I am expecting to happen after the 10th game of the season.
3. The Steelers are going to use the two week roster exemption on him whenever he does sign so he can work himself into game shape.

That means you have Levon Bell as a useful NFL player for this team for 4 games this season which are games against Oakland, New England, New Orleans and Cincinnati plus playoffs potentially. I can’t understand any reason why you would pull a productive James Conner out of the starting lineup and interrupt his tenure as the Steelers starting running back to get 4 games out of a player that has no investment in this team past those 4 games.

IMO the smart play here is to let Bell come back to the team for those 4 games as the backup running back to Conner. Let him get a handful of carries to keep him fresh and work him up to game speed in case there is an injury to Conner and you need him and play him in garbage time in the event of a blowout to protect Conner from getting injured. Seems like a win for both the Steelers and Bell. Steelers get a decent backup running back for their new pro bowler at the position and fresh legs down the stretch and Bell doesn’t have to worry about getting injured going into free agency since he’ll be on the bench.

You can't have it both ways. And I've heard this so many times and it never makes sense. "He'll keep from getting injured if he comes back week 11"

If he gets ONE touch, he's at risk. It wasn't playing the entire season that injured Shazier. It was one play. One time he lowered his head. It wasn't wear and tear. It wasn't playing every defensive snap. It was an isolated incident that could have and should have been avoided.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrMalba, Google [Bot], SteelThrillsseeker, Stillcajun, TB and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group