It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connor is Better than Bell!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm 

Present.
Stats.
Doesn’t fuck around!

That is it! He is better.

Connor is to Bell as Brown is to Holmes! Give Connor Bell’s money.

Post subject: Re: Connor is Better than Bell!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:06 pm 

Not trying to debate with anyone or steal any thunder from anyone but I think they should wait. Be patient and allow Conner to play out his rookie contract while looking at the possibility of good C2. JMO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Not trying to debate with anyone or steal any thunder from anyone but I think they should wait. Be patient and allow Conner to play out his rookie contract while looking at the possibility of good C2. JMO

Yup.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm 

James Conner runs Hard. Everytime.

I hope Bell keeps partying in Florida.

Conner vs Bengals. NFL films, so click, “watch on YouTube”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm 

Yeah, I love Conner and the physical nature that he brings but I let him play out his rookie contract. And in next year's draft I still draft a RB high. I have always preached about having a 2 RB attack. It would be great to have a thunder and lightning backfield, to have a faster RB to pair with Conner.

Conner doesn't become a free agent until the 2021 season.

Many wanted the Steelers to sign Bell at whatever the cost, $15 million per season, $17 million, whatever the cost.

Me? I always thought that was nuts. He is worth maybe $8 million per season, that is it.

But it has all worked out for the best.

In 2018 Conner has a cap hit of $755,000
In 2019 Conner has a cap hit of $845,000
In 2020 Conner has a cap hit of $935,000

The money that would have been wasted on Bell can be used to really improve this team, especially when Conner can do the job and is so damn friendly to the salary cap.

I don't understand how there can be a single fan that thinks keeping Bell is even remotely a good idea at this point.

Conner as the RB and that $70 million contract that Bell declined, hell what could $70 million buy in free agency?? You could get two damn good starters at $35 million a piece on defense for example. The possibilities are intriguing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm 

If Bell comes back, he becomes a 3rd WR...I know I am over simplifying this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:40 pm 

merlin86 wrote:
If Bell comes back, he becomes a 3rd WR...I know I am over simplifying this.

Interesting thought.....hadn't really considered that.

But I think we're overrating Bell as a receiver. He can be a mismatch on LBers. But if you throw him out there in the slot or as a 3rd receiver, I think most DB's cover him easily. We need Washington to emerge, and in the meantime Switzer is maybe a better slot guy than Bell.

Personally, the look I'd feature is 2 TE's with JJ and MacDonald, AB, JuJu and Conner. JJ and Conner as your 4th/5th options? Yes, please.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm 

LMAO at Bell in the slot. Pedestrian

Leveon Bell is the most overrated player in the NFL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 pm 

Havoc wrote:

It's getting harder to argue with that.

Do you think Bell is throwing shit at the tv every time Conner breaks out? Or do you think Bell isn't even watching the Steelers? [my money on the latter]

Last edited by Kodiak on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yeah, I love Conner and the physical nature that he brings but I let him play out his rookie contract. And in next year's draft I still draft a RB high. I have always preached about having a 2 RB attack. It would be great to have a thunder and lightning backfield, to have a faster RB to pair with Conner.

Conner doesn't become a free agent until the 2021 season.

Many wanted the Steelers to sign Bell at whatever the cost, $15 million per season, $17 million, whatever the cost.

Me? I always thought that was nuts. He is worth maybe $8 million per season, that is it.

But it has all worked out for the best.

In 2018 Conner has a cap hit of $755,000
In 2019 Conner has a cap hit of $845,000
In 2020 Conner has a cap hit of $935,000

The money that would have been wasted on Bell can be used to really improve this team, especially when Conner can do the job and is so damn friendly to the salary cap.

I don't understand how there can be a single fan that thinks keeping Bell is even remotely a good idea at this point.

Conner as the RB and that $70 million contract that Bell declined, hell what could $70 million buy in free agency?? You could get two damn good starters at $35 million a piece on defense for example. The possibilities are intriguing.

The money Bell has forfeited the first three games he missed paid for JC salary this year and the next two years.
Think about that for a minute. The last three he missed paid for Ridley and Samuels 2018 salary.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:58 pm 

Yeah, those that think Bell is this elite pass catcher, sorry but I just don't see it.

Conner had a game today catching the ball that was like Leveon Bell, 4 catches for 18 yards. It was mostly just last minute dump offs and check downs but still, that is what Bell was doing last season routinely. It was rare to see him shake a tackler and rumble for good yardage as Conner has done this season. Even with todays game, Conner is still averaging 9.9 yards per catch.

It is funny but I think Bell signing and coming back is spin control on his part. I think that he was going to wait until the last 6 games but seeing the production that Conner was having forced his hand. If he had given Conner 10 whole games to play, well then James may have 1,000 yard rushing and 12 TDs by that point and that would make teams question if Bell is a product of the system. Then that might lower the money being thrown at him in free agency.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:04 pm 

Scunge wrote:
If he had given Conner 10 whole games to play, well then James may have 1,000 yard rushing and 12 TDs by that point and that would make teams question if Bell is a product of the system. Then that might lower the money being thrown at him in free agency.

Bell gambled that Conner was going to make him look more valuable. But instead Conner has probably cost Bell at least $10M+. If I'm Colbert, I offer 5/$30M just to twist the knife a bit.

As they say, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:04 pm 

Bell's an idiot! He's lost so much 'potential' money already. I bet the next contract he will sign will be chock full of escalators and benchmark language. Bell will be lucky to see top 3-5 money next season. Idiot!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

It's getting harder to argue with that.

Do you think Bell is throwing shit at the tv every time Conner breaks out? Or do you think Bell isn't even watching the Steelers? [my money on the latter]

Probably watching with his agent and Tonya Harding’s peeps trying to figure when to take the bar to Connor’s legs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Bell's an idiot! He's lost so much 'potential' money already. I bet the next contract he will sign will be chock full of escalators and benchmark language. Bell will be lucky to see top 3-5 money next season. Idiot!

He had a deal from PIT that likely pays him $24M over 2 years, plus a $10M SB. More than that, as if we never see Conner they probably have no reason to cut Bell if he kept doing what he did last year.

I think he's lost significant strip club money. But if the guy just wants a huge SB so he can jerk off for 2 years before being cut, then maybe this move makes sense. In either case, PIT probably got lucky whiffing trying to catch a bullet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:16 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yeah, those that think Bell is this elite pass catcher, sorry but I just don't see it.

Conner had a game today catching the ball that was like Leveon Bell, 4 catches for 18 yards. It was mostly just last minute dump offs and check downs but still, that is what Bell was doing last season routinely. It was rare to see him shake a tackler and rumble for good yardage as Conner has done this season. Even with todays game, Conner is still averaging 9.9 yards per catch.

It is funny but I think Bell signing and coming back is spin control on his part. I think that he was going to wait until the last 6 games but seeing the production that Conner was having forced his hand. If he had given Conner 10 whole games to play, well then James may have 1,000 yard rushing and 12 TDs by that point and that would make teams question if Bell is a product of the system. Then that might lower the money being thrown at him in free agency.

Every time he runs all I see are your posts on his stats in my head, whether it be from rushing or receiving. He is just boom in the secondary in both instances. He also seems to have Brown’s nose for the goal line too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:22 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Every time he runs all I see are your posts on his stats in my head, whether it be from rushing or receiving. He is just boom in the secondary in both instances. He also seems to have Brown’s nose for the goal line too.

7 TD's in 6 games....we haven't seen that from a Steeler RB in a long time.

The Le'Veon Bell from the last two seasons may be better overall than Conner, but maybe not by much.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm 

Connor should have had 1 more TD today too.

The play that McDonald fumbled is the play they should have run after Connor’s near TD. Instead of passing to the TE, they should have used the quick pitch which would have set the stage slightly better for the play McDonald ultimately fumbled. I think the quick pitch would have been TD with JC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 pm 

Quote:
Conner has seven rushing touchdowns in six games, joining Franco Harris (1976) and Jerome Bettis (2004) as the only Steelers with that accomplishment.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401030743

Conner had runs of 26 and 25 yds today.

19 CAR 111 YDS 5.8 AVG 2 TD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Bell should have signed the extension last year. He has cost himself probably tens of millions of dollars due to his misguided strategy. What a massive backfire!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm 

The more I watch the td that wasn't, I don't understand how the official ruled it short

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
The more I watch the td that wasn't, I don't understand how the official ruled it short

Zapruder film #3. No way you can overturn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

Zapruder film #3. No way you can overturn.

Watch again. The ball goes back and to the left.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 am 

Seriously - how does the NFL still not have cameras on the goal line? They do for the SB, anyway. Can't be that hard to put a GoPro in the pylons, can it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Seriously - how does the NFL still not have cameras on the goal line? They do for the SB, anyway. Can't be that hard to put a GoPro in the pylons, can it?

I think what you are really asking is how in the hell each stadium doesn’t just have permanent standardized package of cameras. Permanent mounts on the pylon, goal post, the 360 degree thing and then have a standard booth with all the monitors to loan to the broadcasters.

Good cameras are cheap as shit at this point for a major corporation.