It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Love this chess match between Bell and Colbert/Rooney...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
trade deadline is a week from this Tuesday.....why would Bell sign before then?

Deadline is irrelevant in a sense. Bell could demand a no trade clause be added to his contract prior to signing if he wanted to. Steelers could refuse to add it, but then Bell could just say cool see you after the deadline.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:47 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
trade deadline is a week from this Tuesday.....why would Bell sign before then?

Deadline is irrelevant in a sense. Bell could demand a no trade clause be added to his contract prior to signing if he wanted to. Steelers could refuse to add it, but then Bell could just say cool see you after the deadline.

Never thought of that. I suppose you're right.

I won't root for Bell to wreck his knee while he's still a Steeler....but I might think about it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 pm 

Will the real Lev Bell please stand up.

So who are we going to get if he ends up on the field?

The back who balls out to prove himself and justify a phat contract?

Or the back who turtles and minimizes contact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am 

You will get someone out of football shape and not ready to play for at least 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 am 

So he can get paid money for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:

...and chicks for free...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Nice one Lit..............

For those who think Lit gets his chicks for free.........and maybe he does...........lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 am 

what was the latest out of the Bell camp?

He is going to have his best season ever.
He was returning the last week of pre-season
He was returning during the bye.
He was sitting out the first 10 games.

That he was returning during the bye week?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 am 

I don't think Bell's camp has said anything. Someone reported he would sign during the bye week, and Bell "liked" the post. So that's where that came from.

I think it's been a fluid target for Bell. When PIT actively floated trade talks, then Bell probably decided to sit out until after the deadline. No idea how Conner's play would factor in, or the Steelers record. Maybe he's hoping Conner would get hurt, because backing up Conner isn't going to help Bell's ridiculous demands.

I imagine in Bell's warped psyche PIT was going to struggle, and then offer him millions more out of desperation to come save the day.

Not that Bell is going to back-up Conner. Maybe they find a way to split time between them effectively. But if I'm PIT, Conner is the future so as long as he continues to be productive, Bell is a relief pitcher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Nice one Lit..............

For those who think Lit gets his chicks for free.........and maybe he does...........lol.

I always thought it was checks for free- meaning paychecks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_for_Nothing_(song)#Lyrics

Quote:
Mark Knopfler described the writing of the song in a 1984 interview with critic Bill Flanagan:

The lead character in "Money for Nothing" is a guy who works in the hardware department in a television/​custom kitchen/​refrigerator/​microwave appliance store. He's singing the song. I wrote the song when I was actually in the store. I borrowed a bit of paper and started to write the song down in the store. I wanted to use a lot of the language that the real guy actually used when I heard him, because it was more real....[5]

In 2000, Knopfler appeared on Parkinson on BBC One and explained again where the lyrics originated. According to Knopfler, he was in New York and stopped by an appliance store. At the back of the store, they had a wall of TVs which were all tuned to MTV. Knopfler said there was a man working there dressed in a baseball cap, work boots, and a checkered shirt delivering boxes who was standing next to him watching. As they were standing there watching MTV, Knopfler remembers the man coming up with lines such as "what are those, Hawaiian noises?...that ain't workin'," etc. Knopfler asked for a pen to write some of these lines down and then eventually put those words to music.[citation needed] The first-person narrating character in the lyrics refers to a musician "banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee" and a woman "stickin' in the camera, man we could have some fun". He describes a singer as "that little faggot with the earring and the make-up", and bemoans that these artists get "money for nothing and chicks for free".[6]

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx claimed that the song was about his band’s outrageous lifestyle. In an interview, he related an apocryphal story that the members of Dire Straits were in a store that sold televisions, and a row of TVs were all playing Mötley Crüe videos.[7][8]

The songwriting credits are shared between Mark Knopfler and Sting.[9] Sting has stated[citation needed] that his only compositional contribution was the "I want my MTV" line, which followed the melody from his song "Don't Stand So Close to Me". "Sting used to come to Montserrat to go windsurfing," recalled John Illsley, "and he came up for supper at the studio. We played him 'Money for Nothing' and he turned round and said, 'You've done it this time, you bastards.' Mark said if he thought it was so good, why didn't he go and add something to it. He did his bit there and then."[10]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:21 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Quote:
Mark Knopfler described the writing of the song in a 1984 interview with critic Bill Flanagan:

The lead character in "Money for Nothing" is a guy who works in the hardware department in a television/​custom kitchen/​refrigerator/​microwave appliance store. He's singing the song. I wrote the song when I was actually in the store. I borrowed a bit of paper and started to write the song down in the store. I wanted to use a lot of the language that the real guy actually used when I heard him, because it was more real....[5]

In 2000, Knopfler appeared on Parkinson on BBC One and explained again where the lyrics originated. According to Knopfler, he was in New York and stopped by an appliance store. At the back of the store, they had a wall of TVs which were all tuned to MTV. Knopfler said there was a man working there dressed in a baseball cap, work boots, and a checkered shirt delivering boxes who was standing next to him watching. As they were standing there watching MTV, Knopfler remembers the man coming up with lines such as "what are those, Hawaiian noises?...that ain't workin'," etc. Knopfler asked for a pen to write some of these lines down and then eventually put those words to music.[citation needed] The first-person narrating character in the lyrics refers to a musician "banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee" and a woman "stickin' in the camera, man we could have some fun". He describes a singer as "that little faggot with the earring and the make-up", and bemoans that these artists get "money for nothing and chicks for free".[6]

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx claimed that the song was about his band’s outrageous lifestyle. In an interview, he related an apocryphal story that the members of Dire Straits were in a store that sold televisions, and a row of TVs were all playing Mötley Crüe videos.[7][8]

The songwriting credits are shared between Mark Knopfler and Sting.[9] Sting has stated[citation needed] that his only compositional contribution was the "I want my MTV" line, which followed the melody from his song "Don't Stand So Close to Me". "Sting used to come to Montserrat to go windsurfing," recalled John Illsley, "and he came up for supper at the studio. We played him 'Money for Nothing' and he turned round and said, 'You've done it this time, you bastards.' Mark said if he thought it was so good, why didn't he go and add something to it. He did his bit there and then."[10]
I remember when people used to spell it "cheques." And they were free. . . Wait. . . :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I imagine in Bell's warped psyche PIT was going to struggle, and then offer him millions more out of desperation to come save the day.

Yup.

Kodiak wrote:
Not that Bell is going to back-up Conner. Maybe they find a way to split time between them effectively. But if I'm PIT, Conner is the future so as long as he continues to be productive, Bell is a relief bitcher.

Corrected

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:

Definitely chicks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am 

Finally, a former player said something intelligent on this issue...

Ryan Clark today said at this point, the Steelers as a team have moved on from Bell, have built team chemistry, mentioned Conner's production. He also said at this point Bell is more of an issue for the media, not the Steelers.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 am 

Havoc wrote:

Ryan Clark today said at this point, the Steelers as a team have moved on from Bell, have built team chemistry, mentioned Conner's production. He also said at this point Bell is more of an issue for the media, not the Steelers.

I agree.

...has Ryan been keeping in shape? Just sayin' :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:40 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Quote:

Appreciate the background. I always feel a bit smarter when I visit this board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:49 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:

Definitely chicks.

Definitely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am 

Havoc wrote:

I agree.

It's what I've been saying for about a month now. You can see it their faces and hear it in their voices when asked about Bell. From top to bottom, the team message is that we have moved on from Bell. It's precisely why I've been saying they will trade him, if given a viable chance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:53 pm 

Quote:
Le’Veon Bell has now forfeited $6.84M from his 8 weeks away from the 1st place #Steelers.

Not including signing bonuses, no active RB will earn that much in 2018.

L. McCoy: $6.3M
L. Miller: $5.75M
L. Murray: $4.6M
— Spotrac (@spotrac) October 24, 2018

I love it when a plan comes together

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 pm 

Just saw a tweet that said Lev Bell won the $1.6 billion Mega Million lottery, but will not collect anything, unless its at least $1.8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:49 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Just saw a tweet that said Lev Bell won the $1.6 billion Mega Million lottery, but will not collect anything, unless its at least $1.8

We're not supposed to make jokes regarding the LBell situation around here. If you do, a bunch of jagoffs will call you names and cuss you out and call for you to be banned. And then the board nazi's will delete the thread. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:08 pm 

In thread jokes.
Funny.
Fake Thread = Fake News.
Not Funny.

Everbody funny now, now you funny too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 pm 

players and fans don't care about Bell is correct only the media is still making a big thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:02 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Everbody funny now, now you funny too.
John Lee Hooker? Yes. Mr. Hooker it is. . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next