It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Announcers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 am 

Anyone else feel like they were listening to the Bengals home announcers yesterday? Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts may as well have been wearing Bengals jerseys. Almost would have rather listened to Phil Simms. :(

Post subject: Re: Announcers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:26 am 

I always feel stupider after listening to Fouts for any game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:54 am 

I did not find them biased, I just find them so awful and can’t believe there are not better teams out there. And iggle might just suffer from Fouts’ halo. Fouts is just bad! He makes comments that are completely contradictory to video evidence all the time. I found myself in a high pitched voice, yelling at the TV “WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?”. He is infuriatingly awful. I just don’t know enough about broadcasting to be able to say how much of it is him or is it all just a byproduct of the scaled down camera angles and production team. Probably 50% each.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I did not find them biased, I just find them so awful and can’t believe there are not better teams out there. And iggle might just suffer from Fouts’ halo. Fouts is just bad! He makes comments that are completely contradictory to video evidence all the time. I found myself in a high pitched voice, yelling at the TV “WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?”. He is infuriatingly awful. I just don’t know enough about broadcasting to be able to say how much of it is him or is it all just a byproduct of the scaled down camera angles and production team. Probably 50% each.

I try to be as respectful as possible, even in a forum such as this one. But let's be clear, Fouts is a fucking moron.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

LoL, I said twice during the game Fouts must drink during the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 am 

Fouts is a slightly less tongue-tied Phil Simms. An ex-player with absolutely no other qualifications for being in the broadcast booth.

Eagle is perfectly competent. I take pity on him for being saddled with Fouts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:35 pm 

What gets me is that they have people in their ear all game feeding them info, etc and they still sound like ass.

Best is Jim Nantz....he sounds like he buttering his rolls, playing video solitaire, getting a lap dance...think about it...these are the best play by play people in the world.

Then add Tracy Wolfsmen and Michelle Tofoya to the mix.

We hear all week about AB drama or whatever and she has to give you the same regurgitated garbage once more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

Fouts is generally bad, but I didn't mind him on our game.

The only time I ever prepare my pitchfork and torches is when Jim Nantz gets the Steelers games. While he's good, I always get the feeling he is a guy who loves to see the Steelers lose. Or he carries bad juju and causes them to lose. I don't know, but as far as my announcer-related hackles being raised he's the guy that always gets under my skin.

Go back a little over a decade and you can find the absolute nadir though: the ESPN Sunday Night crew of Mike Patrick, Paul MacGuire and Joe Theismann. There is no noise on earth more hideous than those three dolts trying to wax poetic on a game. You guys should be thanking the baby Jesus for the Dan Fouts and Ian Eagles of the world over those utter assclowns.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

LoL, I said twice during the game Fouts must drink during the game.

That would explain a lot...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 pm 

Eagle is excitable for any good play. I don't think he's biased.

Fouts needs to get on with his life's work which KC and I ascertained in yesterday's game thread as assisting IC with jizz mopping duties on aisle 3 at the Adult Superstore in Shaker Heights, OH.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:45 pm 

I've read in the past that Fouts is a drunk.

He seems drunk at times during his games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
I've read in the past that Fouts is a drunk.

He seems drunk at times during his games.

I'd actually feel better knowing he was drunk during the games. I refuse to believe anyone is this dumb sober

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm 

DrMalba wrote:

The only time I ever prepare my pitchfork and torches is when Jim Nantz gets the Steelers games. While he's good, I always get the feeling he is a guy who loves to see the Steelers lose. Or he carries bad juju and causes them to lose. I don't know, but as far as my announcer-related hackles being raised he's the guy that always gets under my skin.

Go back a little over a decade and you can find the absolute nadir though: the ESPN Sunday Night crew of Mike Patrick, Paul MacGuire and Joe Theismann. There is no noise on earth more hideous than those three dolts trying to wax poetic on a game. You guys should be thanking the baby Jesus for the Dan Fouts and Ian Eagles of the world over those utter assclowns.

That’s the same read I have on Nantz: dude absolutely hates the Steelers and you can sense it throughout any telecast he does of one of our games. But Fouts’s imbecility drives me just as nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 pm 

DrMalba wrote:

Theismann was hated by many. I never minded Theismann. But I could not STAND Paul MacGuire. Oh, his stupid jokes and comments. UGH. I think before he joined them it was just Patrick and Theismann, and I really didn't mind them.

I didn't get the feeling Eagle and Fouts were biased against the Steelers. I didn't even particularly mind listening to them, but that may be because I was busy reading and posting to the game thread between plays.