It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Will the Steelers make a trade?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 am 

I don't see how Mack is an option anymore. Didn't he sign a 9 figure contract with Da Bears? $140Mil

No way the rats allow Mosely to walk but if they do I hope the Steelers target him for starters. No one really that good corner wise. Would do just as well to keep the currnet corps and look to draft a player. Safety, I hope they don't target Thomas. Great player but his prime is over. I actually like the current safety corps as it stands. Wish Burnett wasn't injured all the time and would actually contribute. FA next season doesn't look very promising.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't see how Mack is an option anymore. Didn't he sign a 9 figure contract with Da Bears? $140Mil

No way the rats allow Mosely to walk but if they do I hope the Steelers target him for starters. No one really that good corner wise. Would do just as well to keep the currnet corps and look to draft a player. Safety, I hope they don't target Thomas. Great player but his prime is over. I actually like the current safety corps as it stands. Wish Burnett wasn't injured all the time and would actually contribute. FA next season doesn't look very promising.

That article is old. It has Mack as with OAK, and it has Mychel Kendricks with the Browns. He may be a free agent in the prison system in 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:30 pm 

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Cardinals continue to insist they’re not trading him - and Peterson continues to request a trade.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Cardinals’ All Pro CB Patrick Peterson has asked Arizona to deal him by the Oct. 30 trade deadline, per league sources. Peterson feels as if the situation is deteriorating and continues to reaffirm to others that he “desperately” wants out, per source.

2:37 PM - Oct 22, 2018
654 people are talking about this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:46 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Cardinals continue to insist they’re not trading him - and Peterson continues to request a trade.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Cardinals’ All Pro CB Patrick Peterson has asked Arizona to deal him by the Oct. 30 trade deadline, per league sources. Peterson feels as if the situation is deteriorating and continues to reaffirm to others that he “desperately” wants out, per source.

2:37 PM - Oct 22, 2018
654 people are talking about this

Colbert dangling Sensebaugh and The Outlaw plus a 5th

Should get it done

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm 

I would consider offering the Dolphins a 5th for DeVante Parker who was what, the 14th overall player drafted in 2015?

Would be a nice reclamation project.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm 

KC wrote:
I would consider offering the Dolphins a 5th for DeVante Parker who was what, the 14th overall player drafted in 2015?

Not sure how it works, but Miami picked up his 5th yr option so their on the hook for around $9.4M I think. If they trade him, I think that 5th year is voided for them. So, he would just be a half year player for us and then be a FA. A 5th seems steep for an 8 game rental guy that's never healthy or shown much when he is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:03 pm 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Not sure how it works, but Miami picked up his 5th yr option so their on the hook for around $9.4M I think. If they trade him, I think that 5th year is voided for them. So, he would just be a half year player for us and then be a FA. A 5th seems steep for an 8 game rental guy that's never healthy or shown much when he is.

Very good point.

He isn't worth it at all under those circumstances.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm 

Appearing on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, Adam Schefter reports Patrick Peterson has requested a trade and "wants out" of Arizona.

The Cardinals have been adamant that Peterson won't be traded, but Peterson is very clearly trying to force their hand. Arizona has zero use for Peterson as the worst team in the league in a complete rebuild. Peterson offers this organization more value by bringing in draft picks/young players to aid in the process while he's still in his prime and can fetch a nice haul. Still 28, Peterson is signed through 2020. Peterson's cousin, former NFL corner and current analyst for CBS Sports Bryant McFadden, reports Peterson would prefer a deal to the Saints. McFadden adds the Patriots and Eagles have checked in on Peterson. He's still very much an elite corner.

Oct 22 - 6:20 PM

Bolded: Ex-Steeler....Man, I would love for him to help facilitate the deal between our FO, the Cards and his cousin, PP. It would be a "Farrior" moment for Colbert, imo.