It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Connor is Better than Bell!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 am 

I'm sure it's been discussed plenty, but Tomlin screwed the pooch on not challenging JC's TD. He was in. Even so, first and goal from the half yard line, how do you not QB sneak it 3 times straight. 100% Ben gets it in from there.

We won in spite of Tomlin.

His continual dumbass moves are going to cost a game some day....oh, wait.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
The more I watch the td that wasn't, I don't understand how the official ruled it short

When it's that close the should just call it a score. Since all TDs get reviewed they should be able to get it right more often than not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 am 

SP wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
The more I watch the td that wasn't, I don't understand how the official ruled it short

Zapruder film #3. No way you can overturn.

Watch again. The ball goes back and to the left.

Awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 am 

My only question: Why did the ball get spotted at the 1 yard line as opposed to the 1 foot line where Ben could sneak it in?

Or at least hope that would have been the easy play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am 

Because, in the NFL every rule implementation is subjective and those that feel the NFL is scripted/fixed would feel substantiated, in their own minds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 am 

Havoc wrote:
LMAO at Bell in the slot. Pedestrian

Leveon Bell is the most overrated player in the NFL

you right!!!!and we see his best. hes in decline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 am 

DP39 wrote:
I'm sure it's been discussed plenty, but Tomlin screwed the pooch on not challenging JC's TD. He was in. Even so, first and goal from the half yard line, how do you not QB sneak it 3 times straight. 100% Ben gets it in from there.

His continual dumbass moves are going to cost a game some day....oh, wait.... :roll:

yes.. or 3 Conner dives! and why wasn't the ball spot on the 2 inch line??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:16 am 

On the QB sneaks, I think you have evidence on the first timeout QB sneak why not do 3 QB sneaks. Fucking Burfict is a cheap shot artist and Ben would have been concussed on at least 1 out of the three with that corksucker on the field.

Do the refs always round to the 1 yard line? Is there some acceptable tradition of rounding to the 1 yardline that goes on with most spots in that area, when they initially get into that territory? I could be full of it, but it always seems that way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 am 

bam morris wrote:
DP39 wrote:

yes.. or 3 Conner dives! and why wasn't the ball spot on the 2 inch line??

Well, they used two Conner dives and went backwards, so I don’t think that was the answer either. JC had scored on two short runs already, and Cincy wasn’t going to allow it again. They probably should’ve tried a different wrinkle, but they’re married to the goal line blubber package.

Speaking of blubber...did anyone else fear that Foster was going to smash Conner when he tried to jump on him in the end zone? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 am 

Regardless of anything else, I would always take JC over Bell in a short yardage situation. It's kind of funny how the game is as last year, JC was called a wasted, charity or homer pick & so far this season, it's like Leveon who?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am 

merlin86 wrote:
If Bell comes back, he becomes a 3rd WR...I know I am over simplifying this.

Thing is, Bell sucks out wide as a receiver. I have no idea why they were infatuated with this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am 

YInzers are now reporting seeing Bell in Pittsburgh.. at the airport, Sheetz, Giant eagle..either he’s in town or yinzers are nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 am 

SP wrote:
YInzers are now reporting seeing Bell in Pittsburgh.. at the airport, Sheetz, Giant eagle..either he’s in town or yinzers are nuts.

At the scrip club?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:33 am 

DP39 wrote:
SP wrote:

At the scrip club?

Is the Cricket Lounge still open? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 am 

SP wrote:

Ehhh, I'm thinking a little of column A....and a little of column B....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am 

I think Conner's first run after we failed to convert that TD - when he was visibly pissed and absolutely trucking Bengals defenders - was when he surpassed Juju as my favorite player on this team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Seriously - how does the NFL still not have cameras on the goal line? They do for the SB, anyway. Can't be that hard to put a GoPro in the pylons, can it?

For 10 years (TEN YEARS!!!) they've had the gps + RFID technology to know the precise location of the ball on the field. Developed with the same people who do next gen stats and player tracking. 6 chips per ball. They refuse to use it. Make your own speculation as to why.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:48 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Seriously - how does the NFL still not have cameras on the goal line? They do for the SB, anyway. Can't be that hard to put a GoPro in the pylons, can it?

I think what you are really asking is how in the hell each stadium doesn’t just have permanent standardized package of cameras. Permanent mounts on the pylon, goal post, the 360 degree thing and then have a standard booth with all the monitors to loan to the broadcasters.

Good cameras are cheap as shit at this point for a major corporation.

They also have 5K cameras all over the stadium (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/sports/nfl/overview.html)
that can provide an exacting view of anything that happens, from almost any perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

DP39 wrote:
SP wrote:

At the scrip club?

Ha!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
My only question: Why did the ball get spotted at the 1 yard line as opposed to the 1 foot line where Ben could sneak it in?

Or at least hope that would have been the easy play.

THIS is the biggest question... and I have an answer for you.

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO.

Some former NFL player who is on one of the talking heads show pointed this out a few months ago: whenever the ball is spotted inside the 1 for the beginning of a series, the officials ALWAYS spot it at exactly the 1 yard line. Next time you see a punt downed inside the one or a defense makes a goal line stand where the last play made it inside the 1 but not into the EZ... watch where they spot the ball for the beginning of the next series.

I didn't think Conner was in-- and I certainly didn't think they'd have won the challenge (because the challenge has to prove that the ball was in the end zone for it to win... not just a bad spot... it has to be changed to/from a TD or first down in order to win the challenge)... but that spot fucked them out of 4 points.