It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Did Washington Get Benched or 2 Minute Package?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Certainly has the Potential. My point in my more recent post was supporting what TB and your post suggested. Ben is not comfortable with Washington yet. In the meantime he does block and he does draw coverage. Those right there contribute to the offense. Once Ben and Washington are on the same page I'm hopeful they'll blow up the outside world like Ben and Smith-Schuster have.

Yeah...and I posted this on the first place because the All-22 has made me change my mind a little on Washington.

Still pissed at him missing the block though... 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 am 

Put me down on record that Washington will contribute later in the year but he'll contribute. By contribute I'll say he ends the season with 4-6Td's. Yes, I said 4-6.

I think it'll be enough that he stops taking a beating on these boards and next year he really takes a step forward and is more like a JuJu part 2 clone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 pm 

As I said before, James Washington is about #20 in the lists of my concerns about this offense.
As long as he's getting better each game, what he puts up in stats is irrelevant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm 

With his frame and body type, he could be a weapon as a blocker if he gets consistent and keeps technique. Isn't as sexy as deep catches, but it's the catalyst for splash plays. He's flashed (maybe more than, really) the ability.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm 

I wish the steelers had somebody on defense that is a hidden gem the organization and coaching staff is hiding from the rest of the league. Washington will be a solid contributor in the future, imo. From what I've seen, he beats the shit out of Rogers et al.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:49 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I think Washington ain't get'n the reps. I believe Hunter gets 1st team reps in practice all week, well 2-3 days anyway due to coach's decision... you all know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I think Washington could benefit from more 1st team reps. Not sure how they determine who and why. Just think Washington is still very young and raw for the NFL and he will get better. I think Hunter will not be on the team this time next season. Likely Heyward-Bey is gone as well, I hope!

He's been defying the odds, and our hopes, for years now. I mean, he's making a living as a special teams player and he's not even good at that. How or why he's still on the team defies logic.