It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 6: Steelers at Bengals I Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 am 

AirRescueFF wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I'm just realizing that this may come down to Boswell. Gulp.

Boz said the same.

Happiest guy on the Steelers at that point was Boz. I know pro football players want to "be the man" but with the season he's been having getting the win without the pressure of making the kick was the perfect finish.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 am 

TB wrote:
I think Burns' issues started when they started asking him to think and react. He was better as a rookie when they just asked him to man up a receiver, but you can't dumb down the playbook forever. He's still probably our best pure cover corner IMO, at least he was before his confidence was destroyed.

Yep.

We need Artie to use his head as little as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm 

I remember watching the future HoF Mel Blount get burned year after year by Cliff Branch and others as a teenager and wondered why he was still out there playing....Burns is still very young as BtB pointed out earlier...Burns needs to be coached up, and to get his emotions under control...It took Blount years to achieve his dominance...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm 

SteelWill wrote:
I remember watching the future HoF Mel Blount get burned year after year by Cliff Branch and others as a teenager and wondered why he was still out there playing....Burns is still very young as BtB pointed out earlier...Burns needs to be coached up, and to get his emotions under control...It took Blount years to achieve his dominance...

Cliff Branch and Raymond Chester and Fred Taylor....I always thought they were Steeler Killers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 pm 

SteelWill wrote:

Yes, Branch was his Achilles heel, but Branch was every DB's Achilles heel. It's mind boggling why he isn't in the HOF.

It did not take Blount long to master his craft. When he became a starter in '72, he didn't allow a single TD his way. By '75 he was at the top of his game being the defensive player of the year and leading the league in INT's.

Comparing Artie Burned to Mel Blount is laughable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:02 pm 

my point is: it took Blount a few to several years to rise to the pinnacle that he rose to. Burns is in his early 20's and has played 2 seasons plus...The similarities b/w he and Blount at this stage of their respective careers is not something that is laughable. They are quite comp[arable...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 pm 

RemoAZ wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
MUAHAHAHHAAH
If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, they need a new word for what Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have accomplished here with Cincy. Six straight losses at home to Pitt going back to 2013.

How has Marvin Lewis kept his job for as long as he has? This guy has stolen more money than all the other bad HC's combined.

I don't think he stole more than Jeff Fisher has.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:57 pm 

Obviously wrote:
SteelWill wrote:

Yes, Branch was his Achilles heel, but Branch was every DB's Achilles heel. It's mind boggling why he isn't in the HOF.

It did not take Blount long to master his craft. When he became a starter in '72, he didn't allow a single TD his way. By '75 he was at the top of his game being the defensive player of the year and leading the league in INT's.

Comparing Artie Burned to Mel Blount is laughable.
Not disputing what you are saying (I don't have an opinion), but Blount was allowed to maul receivers half way down the field. Until he couldn't in '77. Blount also has 3 inches on Burns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm 

One day Artie Burns hopes to be worthy of carrying the jock of the guy worthy of carrying Mel Blount's jock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44