It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1705
https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/report-buccaneers-sign-former-steelers-wr-damoun-patterson/

Quote:

Damoun Patterson was a training camp darling around St. Vincent College and among Steelers Nation. His rookie year ended on a sour note, going down with injury in the preseason finale, landing on IR, and released with an injury settlement.

Now, he’s playing for someone else.

According to The Athletic’s Greg Auman, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed Patterson to their practice squad.

Patterson has been making the tryout rounds for the last two weeks, visiting with the New England Patriots and Minnesota Vikings among others.

He led all Steelers with nine receptions in the preseason, gaining 112 yards, and finding the end zone once, a pretty touchdown grab against the Philadelphia Eagles. Patterson suffered a hamstring injury in the finale versus the Carolina Panthers.

Former teammate Marcus Tucker also appears to be healthy. He visited with the Houston Texans today. On social media, he’s posted near daily videos of his workouts and even attended a recent Steelers’ game, vowing to come back soon. He too was released with an injury settlement.

One reason why players in those situations don’t circle back are due to NFL rules. The team who releases the player with an injury settlement must wait an additional three weeks to bring him back, while other teams are free to ink him as soon as the player is healthy. That’s to avoid teams from exploiting the injury settlement system.

At receiver currently on the Steelers’ practice squad sits Trey Griffey and Tevin Jones. Both players were in training camp with the team and signed there after clearing waivers during final cutdowns. Eli Rogers remains on Reserve/PUP but is close to being eligible to return to the team. It’s unclear how he fits into the team’s plans moving forward.



Just an FYI. I know some people (myself included) enjoyed watching the kid play some ball this preseason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5414
Thought I saw a post earlier in the week,
someone said they should sign Damoun Patterson.

Thought the kid looked good in pre-season.

Wasn't he getting first team reps, playing first half football with starters and against starters in the pre-season games.
Playing with QB's he did not have any actual game snaps and reps with.
Looked good. Thought he had a pretty good route tree. slants, outs, curls.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5414
Quote:
the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed Patterson to their practice squad


TBS,
It is the TB practice squad.
If they liked him enough....they can always keep an eye on him.
If they want him back, it will have to be as a part of the 53 man roster ( rules for signing someone off another teams practice squad )
consider that Hunter and DHB constitute 1/3 of their WR core and continue to provide zero offense to that group. ( combined for 1 catch and 6 yards )

Have always said, you need 4-5 quality WR's to get thru a season in this pass happy day and age of NFL football.
A #3 becomes a #2 in the blink of an eye.
A #4 becomes a #3 just as quickly and in unison with the statement above.

Hunter and or DHB should not be in a position to potentially being on the field for more than half the offensive snaps in a game.

Hoping Washington can take a step forward on Sunday.
If not , maybe going into the bye, this team needs to take a look at that #3 WR and bring in some help, cut ties with Hunter.

AB or JuJu gets dinged...............Washington and Hunter become your #2 and #3. Yikes.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Posts: 153
Expletive not deleted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11322
Hunter and DHB are both major turds.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16321
Pittsburgh can't sign him yet... I think they very well might sign him to the 53 in two weeks.

Also, if what you want is a speed guy to take the top off opposite AB, and to be used for the occasional end around or screen, they can also sign Jonah Trinnaman, who made a little noise in Jets camp, before he had a minor leg injury that resulted in him being the odd man out for roster moves. I think the Jets are in the same situation with him, meaning Trinnaman can be signed by other teams for a couple of weeks before Jets can re-sign him. Freak athlete, runs in the mid 4.2s. Broad jump was 2 inches short of the world record.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
Tomlin’s inability to manage a roster evident once again.

Like we couldn’t be 2-2-1 without Hunter & Bey.

Both useless so far this year.

At least one of the younger, hungrier, more upside WRs should have been retained over those two turds.

Hopefully Nix or a RB doesn’t go down. Othterwise we might just see Crappy Davis or Dre Archer again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Crappy Davis? Worst office nickname ever?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16321
955876 wrote:
Tomlin’s inability to manage a roster evident once again.

Like we couldn’t be 2-2-1 without Hunter & Bey.

Both useless so far this year.

At least one of the younger, hungrier, more upside WRs should have been retained over those two turds.

Hopefully Nix or a RB doesn’t go down. Othterwise we might just see Crappy Davis or Dre Archer again.

Again, he's only on TB's practice squad, and Pittsburgh couldn't sign him yet. It's a technicality related to the IR rules for players who aren't vested veterans.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
Carey Davis. Crappy Davis. All the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
bradshaw2ben wrote:
955876 wrote:
Tomlin’s inability to manage a roster evident once again.

Like we couldn’t be 2-2-1 without Hunter & Bey.

Both useless so far this year.

At least one of the younger, hungrier, more upside WRs should have been retained over those two turds.

Hopefully Nix or a RB doesn’t go down. Othterwise we might just see Crappy Davis or Dre Archer again.

Again, he's only on TB's practice squad, and Pittsburgh couldn't sign him yet. It's a technicality related to the IR rules for players who aren't vested veterans.


I’m not talking now. I’m talking roster composition coming out of camp.

We continue to keep very mediocre to not so good players with zero upside. Players that could and should have been replaced.

We needed another young body at the position to groom.

Instead we go with the safe & simple status quo.

And it’s not just this year. This happens over and over and is partly to blame for what has become a stale, complacent, and underachieving group of players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
955876 wrote:
Carey Davis. Crappy Davis. All the same.


Wow. Wonder what that guy's doing right now. Had completely blotted his existence from my mind. Don't even think I did it intentionally. But hey, Super Bowl champion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5414
Dri Archer has actually been missing since 2016.

Some unverified reports are that Ramon Foster ate him on one of his vet days off.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6886
Stosh-67 wrote:
Dri Archer has actually been missing since 2016.

Some unverified reports are that Ramon Foster ate him on one of his vet days off.

Nice :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13525
KC wrote:
Hunter and DHB are both major turds.

You can add Burnett to this list. Dude is this season's LaDarius Green. Wasted FA signing. Week 6 injury report. https://www.steelers.com/news/week-6-in ... rt-bengals
Watt on Practice....
Quote:
“I think it sets the tone for the whole week.”

Watt said the ratcheting up of the intensity in practice last Wednesday was easy to detect. https://www.steelers.com/news/setting-the-tone


Last edited by Steelafan77 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16321
95, the thing is: Patterson was hurt. They would have had to use a roster spot on the 53 for a UDFA rookie who can't play nor practice. I would argue that what they did prevented some enterprising and WR-poor team from snapping him up before the season started.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
Patterson hasn’t been the only young receiver to show well in camp (this one and previous) only to lose out to DHB.

At the end of the day, the results “we put on tape” are reflective of the roster that was put together.

And that roster has three playoff wins over the past 7 years and isn’t looking like a serious contender again this year.

It just seems here is a status quo with certain guys. And the shame is these are bottom of the roster guys with no upside.

You are going to be any worse without them and wont get better with them.

Standard and all I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16321
Dude. Let's get real. In the last three seasons, only NE/Brady have more wins or more playoff games than PIT/Roethlisberger

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2015&year_max=2018&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=P&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&c1stat=pass_att&c1comp=gt&c1val=5&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 am
Posts: 338
Stosh-67 wrote:
Dri Archer has actually been missing since 2016.

Some unverified reports are that Ramon Foster ate him on one of his vet days off.


HA!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
955876 wrote:
Patterson hasn’t been the only young receiver to show well in camp (this one and previous) only to lose out to DHB.

At the end of the day, the results “we put on tape” are reflective of the roster that was put together.

And that roster has three playoff wins over the past 7 years and isn’t looking like a serious contender again this year.

It just seems here is a status quo with certain guys. And the shame is these are bottom of the roster guys with no upside.

You are going to be any worse without them and wont get better with them.

Standard and all I suppose.


You can't use DHB as a comparison here: he is a gunner (and a fairly decent one) on ST's. Knows the offense, can contribute at WR in a pinch

Now if you want to bitch about Hunter, then have at it. Dude is fucking worthless. The anti-Allen Iverson who shines in practice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2420
Location: Houston, TX
Stosh-67 wrote:
Dri Archer has actually been missing since 2016.

Some unverified reports are that Ramon Foster ate him on one of his vet days off.


That is totally false.

It was McCullers.

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
Donnie Brasco wrote:
955876 wrote:
Patterson hasn’t been the only young receiver to show well in camp (this one and previous) only to lose out to DHB.

At the end of the day, the results “we put on tape” are reflective of the roster that was put together.

And that roster has three playoff wins over the past 7 years and isn’t looking like a serious contender again this year.

It just seems here is a status quo with certain guys. And the shame is these are bottom of the roster guys with no upside.

You are going to be any worse without them and wont get better with them.

Standard and all I suppose.


You can't use DHB as a comparison here: he is a gunner (and a fairly decent one) on ST's. Knows the offense, can contribute at WR in a pinch

Now if you want to bitch about Hunter, then have at it. Dude is fucking worthless. The anti-Allen Iverson who shines in practice


I agree DHB > Hunter

I also feel both spots could be upgraded. I think Bey gets a bit too much cred for STs...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Sign Former Steelers WR Damoun Patterson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
bradshaw2ben wrote:


I don’t do participation awards.

13 wins doesn’t mean much when you can’t win your home playoff game.

And get smacked down in embarrassing fashion in the process.

The “standard” is one of underachievement.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group