It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:14 pm 

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14 ... st-antonio

Its on NFL headquarters radar. Suspension could be brought into the mix down the line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:29 pm 

RooneyTunes wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14163759-85/nfl-aware-of-and-will-continue-to-monitor-lawsuit-filed-against-antonio

Its on NFL headquarters radar. Suspension could be brought into the mix down the line.

For $15k, it makes much more sense for him to just pay the guy that money and have it all go away. And if it's out of the public eye quickly enough, the NFL will stop caring about it faster than a kid with ADD who lost his ball in a toy store.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14163759-85/nfl-aware-of-and-will-continue-to-monitor-lawsuit-filed-against-antonio

For $15k, it makes much more sense for him to just pay the guy that money and have it all go away. And if it's out of the public eye quickly enough, the NFL will stop caring about it faster than a kid with ADD who lost his ball in a toy store.

I am listening to Washington DC sports radio. They are talking about he should get some type of suspension if it is all true. So it is becoming a pretty big story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:43 pm 

#1) If this keeps in the news and gets ugly (along with who knows what else might surface), this could cost Brown BIG TIME in potential endorsement deals.

#2) I still say the NFL has no business disciplining players who were not arrested. And, yeah, I think what he did should be a misdemeanor. But he wasn't arrested, so no suspension.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:46 pm 

7forSteel wrote:
If you can't see that I said, "unless stated in municipal code", then there's no point in engaging you in conversation/debate.

Safe bet reckless endangerment is in almost every municipal code. So, yeah, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make because no one was talking about laws against throwing something off your balcony.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm 

Someone posted last week that many on this team aren't likeable. Whoever posted that was dead on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 pm 

Well if he had $80,000 stolen then a little leeway is expected I would imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Someone posted last week that many on this team aren't likeable. Whoever posted that was dead on.

It's getting past the point of ridiculous, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Leeway after almost killing a kid? Ummm no. You don’t get to toss shit off a balcony in a public place because someone stole from you.

Better idea is to simply not roll into hotels or leave shit around your condo that can get stolen. Duh.

Wanna show off your shit to the world like that then expect someone to try to take advantage of you and take your shit. Duh.

I guess there is just no street cred in simply laying down an AMEX.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 am 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
settle it "man to man“

This is tough guy talk most likely by someone who is young in life and likely doesn’t have much to lose.

You simply cannot handle shit “man to man” in this day and age.

You either (a) catch an ass beating yourself or worse (b) deliver the ass beating and then find yourself arrested, charged with assault in addition to a plethora of other charges, sued for damages, risk repercussions from employer, etc etc etc.

That satisfaction you feel for “handling it” is short lived as the legal system starts to rear its ugly head in your direction.

How and why AB wasn’t arrested on the spot is beyond me. AB should be thankful as hell he didn’t kill that kid.

What a douche. One of many on this team.

I mean, I wouldn’t be challenging the dude to fisticuffs, but as a parent? Yeah, I’d confront the dude. Parent rage is a special kind of rage. :lol:

Also, who in the fuck rolls around with 80 large in a duffle bag?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 am 

955876 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Leeway after almost killing a kid? Ummm no. You don’t get to toss shit off a balcony in a public place because someone stole from you.

Better idea is to simply not roll into hotels or leave shit around your condo that can get stolen. Duh.

Wanna show off your shit to the world like that then expect someone to try to take advantage of you and take your shit. Duh.

"ALMOST" nobody was hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Also, who in the fuck rolls around with 80 large in a duffle bag?!

Lev Bell on strip club night?

Or, ummm, maybe that's the quarterly payment to your PED's supplier?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am 

Nick79 wrote:
955876 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I drink 3 double scotches regularly before heading home from the office. Nobody has been hurt yet.

These cops along with the members of MADD should just leave me alone already. Just back off until I actually hurt someone. Geeesh.

Besides, I have a really stressful job so I deserve some “leeway” when I decide to throw a tantrum or do something dangerous in a public setting that could potentially change someone else’s life forever.

It’s all about me...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:52 am 

955876 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I drink 3 double scotches regularly before heading home from the office. Nobody has been hurt yet.

These cops along with the members of MADD should just leave me alone already. Just back off until I actually hurt someone. Geeesh.

Besides, I have a really stressful job so I deserve some “leeway” when I decide to throw a tantrum or do something dangerous in a public setting that could potentially change someone else’s life forever.

It’s all about me...

Nick is just mad because he didn't get to watch and be ENTERTAINED by some kid getting squashed by some furniture

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am 

955876 wrote:

It’s all about me...

OK, give him the first time DUI offender punishment, fine him and send him to some sort of class, easy enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
955876 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

It’s all about me...

Nick is just mad because he didn't get to watch and be ENTERTAINED by some kid getting squashed by some furniture

It never happened. DO you assholes really want him suspended over this? Yeah, fine him send him to a class or community service. MY GOD I HATE THIS COUNTRY! PLEASE KNEEL MORE!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 am 

Quote:
Parent rage is a special kind of rage. :lol:

Got that right. You don’t mess with a mama bear.

When I was about 30 took daughter to Six Flags. She was like 7 at the time. We were driving those go cart racers. She was too small so we were in a tandem. While running the track I kept ending up racing next to this kid. He looked like he was like 16/17 range.

Nothing hostile. Just fun racing trying to beat each other. When the ride was over I pull into the pits and wait to be released. This kid comes screaming into the pits and rams right into the back of us.

Hard.

Daughters head snapped back and hits a metal bar. She starts crying. I look back and at that moment assumed it was an accident. Was expecting an “I’m sorry” or “my bad”. Something. Anything.

Punk ass looks at me, winks, and points his finger like “gotcha”.

Oh instant rage. When they let us out of our carts I took my daughter by the hand and followed him and his friends out. They were laughing and high fiving.

Caught up to kid and grabbed him by the throat with the hardest Darth Vader grip I could. Choked that fucker out till he had beads of sweat rolling down his red ass face and his eyes were buggin out.

His friends literally just kept walking.

Would land me in jail today I’m sure.

Not a pro athlete and just a kid but still a bit of a funny story about messing with someone kids.

Last edited by 955876 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am 

Quote:
It never happened. DO you assholes really want him suspended over this? Yeah, fine him send him to a class or community service. MY GOD I HATE THIS COUNTRY! PLEASE KNEEL MORE!

No Nick, I don’t think the league should play judge & jury. Hated what they did to Ben. But that’s the league these dumbfucks play in so it’s on them to not land in these situations.

I DO think his dumb ass should have been arrested.

I would have been. You as well.

And so should have AB.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Couple things...

1) ... And he has an excellent case for Assault and IIED.

No he doesn't.

Source: I am a lawyer.

Last edited by SteelKnife on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

No Nick, I don’t think the league should play judge & jury. Hated what they did to Ben. But that’s the league these dumbfucks play in so it’s on them to not land in these situations.

I DO think his dumb ass should have been arrested.

I would have been. You as well.

And so should have AB.

I don't think we would of been arrested either. Just IMO. Yeah, it was stupid, but nobody was hurt, so the punishment should fit the crime, it's about equal to a first time DUI where there was no accident or injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 am 

Go rent a room Nick. Then start tossing furniture and shit off the 14th floor into a public area below.

Tell the cops and security people you are just “entertaining” yourself.

Let us know how it goes.

And if it’s the same in your mind as a first time DUI then we’ll, that’s an arrestable offense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

There apparently are surveillance tapes that indicate he DID do this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:04 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Couple things...

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

Source: Also am a lawyer.

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress:

(1) the defendant must act intentionally or recklessly;
(2) the defendant's conduct must be extreme and outrageous; and
(3) the conduct must be the cause
(4) of severe emotional distress.

The first two elements are air tight. He threw furniture from the 14th story of a building. Reckless at best, and extreme and outrageous by any definition. In IIED cases, you look at the state of mind of the plaintiff and give weight to toddlers, small children, and those with diminished capacity. Maybe this wouldn't have caused severe emotional distress in an adult, but it's completely feasible that it would in a toddler. They've alleged that the kid is having nightmares and mental breakdowns. I know it's difficult to prove the elements of IIED, but I think this is pretty spot on.

Assault:

(1) The act was intended to cause apprehension of harmful or offensive contact; and
(2) The act indeed caused apprehension in the victim that harmful or offensive contact would occur.

The intent element is the only question here. And I would argue that intent can be inferred by his conduct.

Last edited by Laying the Wood on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:11 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Couple things...

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

Source: Also am a lawyer.

Then do yourself a favor and read the elements of assault and IIED in Florida.

Where was the intent for assault? If this is assault, so is cutting someone off on the road.

IIED is marginally stronger, but it'll still get tossed because it doesn't come anywhere close to the level needed for that, nor is there any knowledge that his actions would result in emotional distress to these people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm 

I practice insurance defense litigation. I would tell my client to get out his checkbook.

I'll paste this again for ease of reference:

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress:

(1) the defendant must act intentionally or recklessly;
(2) the defendant's conduct must be extreme and outrageous; and
(3) the conduct must be the cause
(4) of severe emotional distress.

The first two elements are air tight. He threw furniture from the 14th story of a building. Reckless at best, and extreme and outrageous by any definition. In IIED cases, you look at the state of mind of the plaintiff and give weight to toddlers, small children, and those with diminished capacity. Maybe this wouldn't have caused severe emotional distress in an adult, but it's completely feasible that it would in a toddler. They've alleged that the kid is having nightmares and mental breakdowns. I know it's difficult to prove the elements of IIED, but I think this is pretty spot on.

Assault:

(1) The act was intended to cause apprehension of harmful or offensive contact; and
(2) The act indeed caused apprehension in the victim that harmful or offensive contact would occur.

The intent element is the only question here. And I would argue that intent can be inferred by his conduct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next