It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4315
Quote:
settle it "man to man“


This is tough guy talk most likely by someone who is young in life and likely doesn’t have much to lose.

You simply cannot handle shit “man to man” in this day and age.

You either (a) catch an ass beating yourself or worse (b) deliver the ass beating and then find yourself arrested, charged with assault in addition to a plethora of other charges, sued for damages, risk repercussions from employer, etc etc etc.

That satisfaction you feel for “handling it” is short lived as the legal system starts to rear its ugly head in your direction.

How and why AB wasn’t arrested on the spot is beyond me. AB should be thankful as hell he didn’t kill that kid.

What a douche. One of many on this team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 814
955876 wrote:
Quote:
settle it "man to man“


This is tough guy talk most likely by someone who is young in life and likely doesn’t have much to lose.

You simply cannot handle shit “man to man” in this day and age.

You either (a) catch an ass beating yourself or worse (b) deliver the ass beating and then find yourself arrested, charged with assault in addition to a plethora of other charges, sued for damages, risk repercussions from employer, etc etc etc.

That satisfaction you feel for “handling it” is short lived as the legal system starts to rear its ugly head in your direction.

How and why AB wasn’t arrested on the spot is beyond me. AB should be thankful as hell he didn’t kill that kid.

What a douche. One of many on this team.


We agree on this one, 95.

Quote:
You afraid to talk to someone about something fd up they did because they're a muscular athlete?


I don't think I would want to confront a spoiled, volatile, entitled athlete to talk things out. That's someone I would stay the fuck away from.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4646
stillthere wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan)- Here's your dose of Steelers drama for the week.

According to a TMZ Sports report, Steelers star receiver Antonio Brown is being sued by a man named Ophir Sternberg after Brown threw furniture, including vases and an ottoman, out of his 14th story apartment window in April.

The furniture landed feet away from Sternberg's 22-month old son and his grandfather. The grandfather and the toddler were walking around the pool area of the high-end apartment complex when they saw the items fall from many floors above them.

Police were called and said Brown caused extensive damage to his unit in a "fit of rage."

The incident was also captured on surveillance video.

Sternberg is suing for assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, claiming Brown acted "without regard for human life."


We really did go way too many days with out an incident or drama..........

April


April? Obviously he was watching the Draft like all of us.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4646
Laying the Wood wrote:
Couple things...

1) Money grab or not, could you see yourself in this guy's shoes? He's probably furious that it happened and he wants Brown to feel the consequences of his actions in his pocket book. And he has an excellent case for Assault and IIED.

2) I would very much like to see any of you settle it "man to man, face to face". See:

Image

3) There is a hell of a lot more he could have been charged with than littering. The police were probably not called or did not respond because he is very, very wealthy.

4) What the fuck kind of grown man thinks it's ok to act like this? He's special because he's very good at football? I hope he goes broke 5 years after retirement, which seems likely. I will have no sympathy for him.


Excellent post.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12102
Miter Saw wrote:
Obviously there's a serious problem with what he did but if there's no personal damages, what are you suing for? Oh yah for the nightmares you've had since. But not a money grab.


Won't be much money to come out of this. My guess is he's pissed the police didn't do anything, and so he wants to cause some trouble for AB becauses he deserves some sort of penalty.

Although if AB wasn't a celebrity, you might not waste your time. In this case, the "pain" inflicted on AB is because of his celebrity. Some unknown rich dude is put out all of 30 seconds to forward the complaint to his lawyer to deal with.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7098
955876 wrote:
Quote:
settle it "man to man“


This is tough guy talk most likely by someone who is young in life and likely doesn’t have much to lose.

You simply cannot handle shit “man to man” in this day and age.

You either (a) catch an ass beating yourself or worse (b) deliver the ass beating and then find yourself arrested, charged with assault in addition to a plethora of other charges, sued for damages, risk repercussions from employer, etc etc etc.

That satisfaction you feel for “handling it” is short lived as the legal system starts to rear its ugly head in your direction.

How and why AB wasn’t arrested on the spot is beyond me. AB should be thankful as hell he didn’t kill that kid.

What a douche. One of many on this team.

It’s the “or worse” part that worries me. You never know what’s in another persons head. Fucked up world we live in...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23693
the-other-burg wrote:
Maybe he was playing Madden and nobody was throwing to him.


:lol: :lol:

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 429
I'm reserving judgement until more of this comes to light. AB is a diva and has blown up on the sidelines. He has had trouble with his baby mamas. But I just have to believe there is more to this than we know at the moment, or may ever know.

Throwing furniture out a 14th story condo? C'mon man. There is a piece of this puzzle we don't have yet.

Maybe Ben was with him and they were working on the deep ball? Batters use donuts on deck to speed up their swing in the batters' box. Maybe qb's use vases and ottomons?

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12102
7forSteel wrote:
Maybe Ben was with him and they were working on the deep ball? Batters use donuts on deck to speed up their swing in the batters' box. Maybe qb's use vases and ottomons?


Based on what I've seen this year, Ben doesn't have the accuracy to thread an ottoman through a window that small...

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1685
more details..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2494 ... ms-balcony


Quote:
Brown called Sunny Isles Beach Police on 10:08 a.m. on April 24 and was "very agitated" upon the arrival of two officers, yelling at security that he thought set him up to be blamed for theft from the day before, according to the police's incident report. The alleged items stolen include $80,000 and a gun, according to TMZ.

"Apparently when Mr. Brown got upset he started throwing things in the apartment and the coffee table glass was broken along with a few other minor objects," the Sunny Isles incident report states. "He also threw some objects from the balcony into the pool area causing minor damage there as well."

The officer eventually calmed Brown, who promised there would be no other issue, the report states.



Quote:
"The apartment was in shambles," Minski said. "Mirrors were smashed, tables were destroyed, there were holes and damages to the walls. Countertops were lifted off the deck. The unit is furnished with leather couches and love seats, and there were burn holes and black magic markers. It looked like they had rumbled. We tried to resolve it amicably and it got nowhere so we filed a lawsuit."



Sounds like he was throwing a tantrum. We've seen that before.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3012
Kodiak wrote:
7forSteel wrote:
Maybe Ben was with him and they were working on the deep ball? Batters use donuts on deck to speed up their swing in the batters' box. Maybe qb's use vases and ottomons?


Based on what I've seen this year, Ben doesn't have the accuracy to thread an ottoman through a window that small...

That is funny.
After I read this the first thing that came to mind was that this was the norm for Led Zeppelin when they were on tour back in the day. They destroyed whole floors in hotels not to mention doing other things that would land them in jail today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 429
Well, there goes the sideline benches. When players start complaining that there are no places to sit and only foam cups to drink out of, they have only to point at AB.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 429
I knew it was a bad idea for AB and that little girl from the pizza hut commercial to play Madden in the same room.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3819
Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
They'll settle i'd assume.

Not condoning the behavior at all, but there's likely a money grab element to this. What are this guy's damages that were inflicted? "Mental distress"?


Right. Sadly, I bet the legal consequences are minimal....I just don't expect the legal system has caught up to such an odd and unusual reckless and endangerment. Probably a misdemeanor with a decent fine, unfortunately...until someone ends up seriously injured.

But it looks like that article about what a jerk AB actually is and how he works hard to project a different image might be true...

That's how it should be, if nobody was hurt, no more than a fine, and should be no punishment of any kind by the NFL, the lawsuit is in play, that's enough.

Hasn't caught up? Do you think things like this are new? People have been whacking out since the dawn of time? People on this board talk about having broken TVs over a Steelers loss, nothing new or unusual here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
Nick79 wrote:
Hasn't caught up? Do you think things like this are new? People have been whacking out since the dawn of time? People on this board talk about having broken TVs over a Steelers loss, nothing new or unusual here.


Breaking a TV in your home is a quite a bit different than launching something down 14 floors into a potentially crowded pool area.

One only has the potential to affect yourself. I couldn't care less what you do to yourself.

The other has a rather large chance of injuring or even killing others. That's a big deal.

And I'm not saying that I think the NFL should suspend him, I'm saying your comparison is asinine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3819
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Hasn't caught up? Do you think things like this are new? People have been whacking out since the dawn of time? People on this board talk about having broken TVs over a Steelers loss, nothing new or unusual here.


Breaking a TV in your home is a quite a bit different than launching something down 14 floors into a potentially crowded pool area.

One only has the potential to affect yourself. I couldn't care less what you do to yourself.

The other has a rather large chance of injuring or even killing others. That's a big deal.

And I'm not saying that I think the NFL should suspend him, I'm saying your comparison is asinine.


You shouldn't be penalized for what "might of happened" only what actually happened. If he killed someone, OK, 20 years in prison, since nobody was hurt $500 fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
Nick79 wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Hasn't caught up? Do you think things like this are new? People have been whacking out since the dawn of time? People on this board talk about having broken TVs over a Steelers loss, nothing new or unusual here.


Breaking a TV in your home is a quite a bit different than launching something down 14 floors into a potentially crowded pool area.

One only has the potential to affect yourself. I couldn't care less what you do to yourself.

The other has a rather large chance of injuring or even killing others. That's a big deal.

And I'm not saying that I think the NFL should suspend him, I'm saying your comparison is asinine.


You shouldn't be penalized for what "might of happened" only what actually happened. If he killed someone, OK, 20 years in prison, since nobody was hurt $500 fine.


That's terrible logic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12102
Nick79 wrote:
You shouldn't be penalized for what "might of happened" only what actually happened. If he killed someone, OK, 20 years in prison, since nobody was hurt $500 fine.


People are fined, sometimes heavily, even arrested and hit with misdemeanor charges depending on the risk. For example, it's still a crime to drive drunk or fire a gun into the air even if no one is hurt.

In this case, he should have been charged with reckless endangerment, among other things.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1685
Maybe the only way to teach AB a lesson is to damage his brand. This suit has the potential to do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3819
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
That's terrible logic.


MAKES TOTAL SENSE. From a practical standpoint, you don't want to pay to house and feed someone in a prison for years just because of what might of happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3819
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
You shouldn't be penalized for what "might of happened" only what actually happened. If he killed someone, OK, 20 years in prison, since nobody was hurt $500 fine.


People are fined, sometimes heavily, even arrested and hit with misdemeanor charges depending on the risk. For example, it's still a crime to drive drunk or fire a gun into the air even if no one is hurt.

In this case, he should have been charged with reckless endangerment, among other things.

Ok, so then maybe he should get the punishment of a first time DUI. That makes sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3197
These are civil suits. Not criminal. I do not see any suspensions for this. Best if AB settles this out of court and quietly. And both are for only 15K + fees.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 429
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
You shouldn't be penalized for what "might of happened" only what actually happened. If he killed someone, OK, 20 years in prison, since nobody was hurt $500 fine.


People are fined, sometimes heavily, even arrested and hit with misdemeanor charges depending on the risk. For example, it's still a crime to drive drunk or fire a gun into the air even if no one is hurt.

In this case, he should have been charged with reckless endangerment, among other things.

It's a crime when there is a law or statue stating it as so. There are laws against drunk driving. There are laws against discharging a firearm inside city limits. Break those laws, face the penalty. They have nothing to do with hurting someone. If you hurt someone, you will have committed ANOTHER crime.

Throwing something off a balcony, unless stated in municipal code, isn't a crime. It can violate the HOA if in place. But without injury or damage to someone else's property, or INTENT, there is very little that can be done criminally in a court of law. Now if AB had a beef with this guy and it could be proven that he was targeting him, then that's a completely different story.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12102
7forSteel wrote:
Throwing something off a balcony, unless stated in municipal code, isn't a crime.


It's reckless endangerment, which most states/municipalities have fairly broad statutes/laws regarding. Intent wouldn't matter if he failed to exercise due caution. You can't remodel your kitchen and just chuck the debris off the balcony without any forethought.

For example, holding a child on your balcony = not a crime. Holding your child out over the edge of the balcony = reckless endangerment.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 429
Kodiak wrote:
7forSteel wrote:
Throwing something off a balcony, unless stated in municipal code, isn't a crime.


It's reckless endangerment, which most states/municipalities have fairly broad statutes/laws regarding. Intent wouldn't matter if he failed to exercise due caution. You can't remodel your kitchen and just chuck the debris off the balcony without any forethought.

For example, holding a child on your balcony = not a crime. Holding your child out over the edge of the balcony = reckless endangerment.

If you can't see that I said, "unless stated in municipal code", then there's no point in engaging you in conversation/debate.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SteelBull and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group