All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am 

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/tm ... owing-rage

SMH...Drama, Drama, Drama

Post subject: Re: TMZ----Antonio Brown sued for endangering toddler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 am 

Quote:
PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan)- Here's your dose of Steelers drama for the week.

According to a TMZ Sports report, Steelers star receiver Antonio Brown is being sued by a man named Ophir Sternberg after Brown threw furniture, including vases and an ottoman, out of his 14th story apartment window in April.

The furniture landed feet away from Sternberg's 22-month old son and his grandfather. The grandfather and the toddler were walking around the pool area of the high-end apartment complex when they saw the items fall from many floors above them.

Police were called and said Brown caused extensive damage to his unit in a "fit of rage."

The incident was also captured on surveillance video.

Sternberg is suing for assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, claiming Brown acted "without regard for human life."

We really did go way too many days with out an incident or drama..........

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alright, I'll admit it, I thought this one was fake. Jeez. Must have been angry over spotty wifi.

Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:

According to a TMZ Sports report, Steelers star receiver Antonio Brown is being sued by a man named Ophir Sternberg after Brown threw furniture, including vases and an ottoman, out of his 14th story apartment window in April.

The furniture landed feet away from Sternberg's 22-month old son and his grandfather. The grandfather and the toddler were walking around the pool area of the high-end apartment complex when they saw the items fall from many floors above them.

Police were called and said Brown caused extensive damage to his unit in a "fit of rage."

Sternberg is suing for assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, claiming Brown acted "without regard for human life."

April

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 am 

I'm guessing this was in Miami. Don't count out a suspension if this is a legit suit.......stay tuned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am 

Maybe he was playing Madden and nobody was throwing to him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:10 am 

If it turns out that AB was really throwing shit out of a 14th story window when there were kids below -fuck him and throw his ass in jail. Thats really fucked up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:21 am 

They'll settle i'd assume.

Not condoning the behavior at all, but there's likely a money grab element to this. What are this guy's damages that were inflicted? "Mental distress"?

Doubt AB said "oh look there's children, let me go donkey Kong on his ass".

Count your blessings no one, especially your kid, was hurt. And settle it man to man face to face and file a police report for personal protection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:21 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
Maybe he was playing Madden and nobody was throwing to him.

Fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am 

stillthere wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:

April

= October 9th Distraction

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Not condoning the behavior at all, but there's likely a money grab element to this. What are this guy's damages that were inflicted? "Mental distress"?

Right. Sadly, I bet the legal consequences are minimal....I just don't expect the legal system has caught up to such an odd and unusual reckless and endangerment. Probably a misdemeanor with a decent fine, unfortunately...until someone ends up seriously injured.

But it looks like that article about what a jerk AB actually is and how he works hard to project a different image might be true...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Count your blessings no one, especially your kid, was hurt. And settle it man to man face to face and file a police report for personal protection.

Definitely a money grab element. Once this dude found out it was AB it was time to get litigious. But even though, anyone who has lived in a high rise knows that this is really fucked up, especially if it was an area where people could be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:27 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

Definitely a money grab element. Once this dude found out it was AB it was time to get litigious. But even though, anyone who has lived in a high rise knows that this is really fucked up, especially if it was an area where people could be.

Yeah, that's pretty nuts. Can't imagine just indiscriminately throwing furniture out of a 14th story window.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
If it turns out that AB was really throwing shit out of a 14th story window when there were kids below -fuck him and throw his ass in jail. Thats really fucked up.

Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty nuts. Can't imagine just indiscriminately throwing furniture out of a 14th story window.

If cops were really called, how does he not get arrested? Or I guess it wouldn't be an actual crime to trash your own place, and not even littering because it was private property?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am 

Regarding the money grab angle, it looks like this guy is big into real estate. He may have more money than AB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 am 

Couple things...

1) Money grab or not, could you see yourself in this guy's shoes? He's probably furious that it happened and he wants Brown to feel the consequences of his actions in his pocket book. And he has an excellent case for Assault and IIED.

2) I would very much like to see any of you settle it "man to man, face to face". See:

3) There is a hell of a lot more he could have been charged with than littering. The police were probably not called or did not respond because he is very, very wealthy.

4) What the fuck kind of grown man thinks it's ok to act like this? He's special because he's very good at football? I hope he goes broke 5 years after retirement, which seems likely. I will have no sympathy for him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am 

Its also possible its true but it wasnt Brown who was throwing stuff from his apartment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

If cops were really called, how does he not get arrested? Or I guess it wouldn't be an actual crime to trash your own place, and not even littering because it was private property?

I have no idea, and good question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am 

This probably explains some of the issues as of late!

A little bit of perceived extortion (by Brown) would get anyone riled up....perceived extortion probably caused the vases and ottoman to go flying, and then the perceived extortion for the cover-up of said vases and ottoman probably caused some performance anxiety on the field.

I am guessing the video is not that damning in terms of the toddler or else we would have seen it already? Or they are waiting for the denial and then they can drop the hammer.

He should be counting his lucky stars, although there are always two sides to every story.

But from 14 floors, even if you looked at the landing area, still some time for shit to happen as it is falling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am 

the-other-burg wrote:

Shouldn't this be something for the police to sort out. Why is this coming out now?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:19 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Its also possible its true but it wasnt Brown who was throwing stuff from his apartment.

That's a good point. He apparently does not get along well with baby mama #1, and may have some heated arguments with baby mama #2 from time to time (this is from an article a few weeks back which, admittedly, was kind of a smear piece).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:

Shouldn't this be something for the police to sort out. Why is this coming out now?

I would like to think this whole thing is overblown. But there is really no middle ground when it comes to throwing furniture out of high rise window onto a populated area.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 pm 

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14 ... s-he-threw

Quote:
The incident was investigated by security personnel, who determined Brown was responsible for throwing the objects. Surveillance video also shows the objects falling from the 14th floor balcony and landing close to Amnon Sternberg and his grandfather, the suit said.

Quote:
Amnon Sternberg was “immediately terror stricken and ran away crying hysterically,” and “severely traumatized by the incident, crying for hours on end the day it occurred and was unable to sleep that night,” the suit said.

“Since that day, (Amnon Sternberg) has exhibited symptoms of fear and anxiety, having night terrors every night and waking up numerous times in a panic and crying, when this never occurred prior to the incident,” the lawsuit said.

This is a great look for AB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:38 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Couple things...

1) Money grab or not, could you see yourself in this guy's shoes? He's probably furious that it happened and he wants Brown to feel the consequences of his actions in his pocket book. And he has an excellent case for Assault and IIED.

2) I would very much like to see any of you settle it "man to man, face to face". See:

3) There is a hell of a lot more he could have been charged with than littering. The police were probably not called or did not respond because he is very, very wealthy.

4) What the fuck kind of grown man thinks it's ok to act like this? He's special because he's very good at football? I hope he goes broke 5 years after retirement, which seems likely. I will have no sympathy for him.

Who said anything about physical altercation? You afraid to talk to someone about something fd up they did because they're a muscular athlete?

Being rich doesn't mean you won't take advantage of a situation to make more money, actually i'd argue that makes it more likely. Rich people aren't rich because they pass up opportunities.

Obviously there's a serious problem with what he did but if there's no personal damages, what are you suing for? Oh yah for the nightmares you've had since. But not a money grab.

Guy goes into a fit of rage and you want him "broke after 5 years". Wtf. And he's the asshole? You one of them Internet shamers? Readily out to ruin people's lives for a mistake?

Glad no one got hurt. Hopefully it can all be resolved civilly....i'm sure a few bucks settlement will do the trick.