It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14256
Quote:
@steelers
Ben Roethlisberger earned his 75th home win as a starter in his 101st home start on Sunday, the 4th-fewest home starts in NFL history to reach win No. 75. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1049738905896046598


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16847
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@steelers
Ben Roethlisberger earned his 75th home win as a starter in his 101st home start on Sunday, the 4th-fewest home starts in NFL history to reach win No. 75. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1049738905896046598

5th best home winning percentage of anyone with at least 94 starts in the Super Bowl Era, behind only Favre, Elway, Brady, Peyton... probably will catch everybody but Brady & Elway.
With one more win on the road this season, he'll be the third fastest to 63 road wins.

At the moment, he's tied with Drew Brees for 3rd most road wins of all time, behind on Peyton, Brady, & Favre.
Brady (135G, 92W)
Peyton (139G, 87W)
Favre (160G, 76W)
Ben (111G, 67W)
Brees (132G, 67W)

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2021
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@steelers
Ben Roethlisberger earned his 75th home win as a starter in his 101st home start on Sunday, the 4th-fewest home starts in NFL history to reach win No. 75. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1049738905896046598

5th best home winning percentage of anyone with at least 94 starts in the Super Bowl Era, behind only Favre, Elway, Brady, Peyton... probably will catch everybody but Brady & Elway.
With one more win on the road this season, he'll be the third fastest to 63 road wins.

At the moment, he's tied with Drew Brees for 3rd most road wins of all time, behind on Peyton, Brady, & Favre.
Brady (135G, 92W)
Peyton (139G, 87W)
Favre (160G, 76W)
Ben (111G, 67W)
Brees (132G, 67W)


Is this just regular season or with playoffs? just wondering.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4929
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
One of the most irritating things about all of these statistics is that they are only based on regular season games.

Favre, Manning, Brees. Would you really want to make an argument that they were the greatest of all time at their position?

Four championships between them, and Peyton was a passenger for one of those. Honestly, and I saw most of all of their careers, the only one I'd actually have plunked down money to watch is Favre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16847
The ones I posted include postseason

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 879
Ice wrote:
One of the most irritating things about all of these statistics is that they are only based on regular season games.

Favre, Manning, Brees. Would you really want to make an argument that they were the greatest of all time at their position?

Four championships between them, and Peyton was a passenger for one of those. Honestly, and I saw most of all of their careers, the only one I'd actually have plunked down money to watch is Favre.


We'll get a firsthand view of Brees in the dome on 12/23. I'm not looking forward to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4929
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Thanks, B2B. The national media very rarely does.

My point isn't that you shouldn't be worried about playing Brees. He's very efficient. So are the photocopiers at work and my hot water heater. I don't find myself entertained by them, either.

Favre, with whatever warts you'd like to include, wasn't a hot water heater.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1601
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@steelers
Ben Roethlisberger earned his 75th home win as a starter in his 101st home start on Sunday, the 4th-fewest home starts in NFL history to reach win No. 75. https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1049738905896046598

5th best home winning percentage of anyone with at least 94 starts in the Super Bowl Era, behind only Favre, Elway, Brady, Peyton... probably will catch everybody but Brady & Elway.
With one more win on the road this season, he'll be the third fastest to 63 road wins.

At the moment, he's tied with Drew Brees for 3rd most road wins of all time, behind on Peyton, Brady, & Favre.
Brady (135G, 92W)
Peyton (139G, 87W)
Favre (160G, 76W)
Ben (111G, 67W)
Brees (132G, 67W)

B2B, if you really think Ben puts in just as much time - into being the best QB he can - as Brees, Brady and Manning, then there's obviously nothing I can add to convince you he doesn't. My eyes, ears and gut tell me he doesn't though.

Again stats really have nothing to do with my concerns with Ben. It's the level of dedication that he shows me as it compares to the others I mentioned.

Ben is a lot like Favre I think; both relied more on their physical talent than preparation. Favre has even admitted that about himself. My opinion is that if Ben and Favre used their amazing talent and coupled that with an elite level of commitment to being the best QB they could be - like Brees, Brady and Manning - think how much more dominate they could've been, because their actual physical talents may be unmatched by the other mentioned.

Obviously, we'll just have to agree to disagree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brew Drees
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16847
NO defense is not good... so far, we're 2-1 vs non-top 5 defenses.

CLE #2... T
TB #32... W
KC #28... L
BAL #4... L
ATL #31. W

Out of the 11 remaining games, we have 3 games left vs defenses currently ranked in the top half of the league. (CLE, BAL, JAX). I'm going to say 2-1 in those three games.

In the other 8 games, we play the 18th, 19th, 20th, 20th, 22nd, 25th, 26th, and 29th ranked defenses. I suspect we'll be no worse than 5-3.

That would make the Steelers 9-6-1, most likely that gets a playoff spot. If we sweep CLE BAL & JAX + split with CIN... that seems like 10-5-1 and possibly a division title.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SteelBull and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group