It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23709
They are desperate and may just pay for a rental now.

Do it.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23709
As a matter of fact, that very trade was just suggested on 6 ABC.

Now...how to convince Bell to do it...

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 906
Jeemie wrote:
As a matter of fact, that very trade was just suggested on 6 ABC.

Now...how to convince Bell to do it...


I can see Bell refusing to cooperate out of spite. And I don't think Philly is glamorous enough for him. If it were Miami, then maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 am
Posts: 717
Great point. Just heard this on Sirius on the way home.

It makes sense. I dont get all the fine print.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:08 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12228
Not that anyone knows what's in his head, but at this point why would Bell show-up before the trade deadline? If you're trying to avoid injury, then why not sit out the maximum 10 weeks?

Plus if he does that, there's a good chance they just rescind the tag. Then he has his own little FA period, and could possibly gouge a desperate playoff contender with some money to throw around.

If there was a team he liked and thought was a good fit, maybe he'd come in for a trade. But I just don't see where the incentive is at this point for him to come in before Wk10.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1282
Kodiak wrote:
Not that anyone knows what's in his head, but at this point why would Bell show-up before the trade deadline? If you're trying to avoid injury, then why not sit out the maximum 10 weeks?

Plus if he does that, there's a good chance they just rescind the tag. Then he has his own little FA period, and could possibly gouge a desperate playoff contender with some money to throw around.

If there was a team he liked and thought was a good fit, maybe he'd come in for a trade. But I just don't see where the incentive is at this point for him to come in before Wk10.


With a new team he’d probably have somewhat lighter workload initially because it would take a few weeks to get acclimated with a new offensive system. So for him the incentive would be to start collecting checks again while having an initial light workload while he gets up to speed with his new team.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14342
Quote:
Eagles restructure Fletcher Cox deal, but no plans for Le'Veon Bell trade http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2493 ... bell-trade
So if and when Bell does return this can be re-visited. Until then, not a damn thing can happen. If (A Very Big IF) Bell agrees to trade then the Steelers have to get at least a 3rd round draft pick for the trade to be fair value. JMO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1969
I made a post a week ago or so pointing out 6 teams that had space under the salary cap to trade for Bell once he signs his tender.

Philly was not on that list. They are just $4,326,000 under the cap.

If Bell signed his tender today, and was traded to Philly, how do they fit him under their salary cap??

Remember a team can't give him a new contract, they have to inherit that franchise tag number, the games left on it and that would be what, $9.4 million?

So, the Eagles are only $4.3 million under the cap and would have to immediately cut some players, restructure some players to free up $5 million at least, and honestly it would have to be more like $7-8 million because most teams like to have a cushion.

Are the Eagles going to do that and give up a high draft pick???

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 823
Ajayi placed on IR. They need a RB now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4500
Not happening according to numerous sources


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2025
Scunge wrote:
I made a post a week ago or so pointing out 6 teams that had space under the salary cap to trade for Bell once he signs his tender.

Philly was not on that list. They are just $4,326,000 under the cap.

If Bell signed his tender today, and was traded to Philly, how do they fit him under their salary cap??

Remember a team can't give him a new contract, they have to inherit that franchise tag number, the games left on it and that would be what, $9.4 million?

So, the Eagles are only $4.3 million under the cap and would have to immediately cut some players, restructure some players to free up $5 million at least, and honestly it would have to be more like $7-8 million because most teams like to have a cushion.

Are the Eagles going to do that and give up a high draft pick???


didn't they free up like 6 million in the Cox restructure? So does that put them at 10-11 million under?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4721
steelmann58 wrote:
Not happening according to numerous sources


probably the same "sources" that said Bell would report to the team to start the season

ie, "sources" are usually full of shit

Eagles re-structured Cox and Ajayi is on IR. Now they have the cap space.

They are DEFINITELY in play for L. Bell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Eagles restructure Fletcher Cox deal, but no plans for Le'Veon Bell trade http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2493 ... bell-trade

Something “Shady” about this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12228
I could be wrong, but you actually CAN sign Bell to a 1-yr deal in place of the tag. Not sure if you can change the total number, but for the right trade offer PIT could basically restructure that deal to pay him a SB to lower his remaining salary number for another team to fit under the cap.

Or a team can just restructure an existing contract.

I don't think the money will be a sticking point. It's a game of high stakes poker up until the trade deadline. In some respects, I can see renting Bell for part of the year on a championship run is more preferable [i.e. trade] to a long-term deal. In other words, if I'm a GM I maybe don't want to give Bell his $80M deal, but I might be interested in $7-$8M for the rest of the year.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4500
Not sure we see a trade at this point just MO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:15 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12228
steelmann58 wrote:
Not sure we see a trade at this point just MO


Has to be a rare and tough thing to deal with as a GM.

You're trying to negotiate conditional trade offers, with no idea if you can get Bell to agree to come in and sign (he can wait to sign until after the trade deadline).

Then you have your contingency plan. If you can't trade him, or he waits out the deadline, then what? I suppose you just cross that bridge when you come to it, but you'll have to weigh paying him $855k with respect to team chemistry and playoff chances.

I suppose they'll just play it safe and let him sign his deal if there's any hope of making the playoffs. That way if you do make the playoffs and Conner gets hurt, you have depth. Colbert kicks the can to Tomlin and lets him figure out what to do with Bell.

A lot really depends on their record, but at 8 even 10 wks PIT probably will neither be a lock nor eliminated from the playoffs.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2447
steel wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Not happening according to numerous sources


probably the same "sources" that said Bell would report to the team to start the season

ie, "sources" are usually full of shit

Eagles re-structured Cox and Ajayi is on IR. Now they have the cap space.

They are DEFINITELY in play for L. Bell.


:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5682
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Eagles restructure Fletcher Cox deal, but no plans for Le'Veon Bell trade http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2493 ... bell-trade
So if and when Bell does return this can be re-visited. Until then, not a damn thing can happen. If (A Very Big IF) Bell agrees to trade then the Steelers have to get at least a 3rd round draft pick for the trade to be fair value. JMO

That would be the Eagles correct response to the question of interest in Bell.
No team is gonna hurt their chances in a trade value for Bell.

But Bell should be an option, as should Shady, as Drama mentions above.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1150
Everyone so willing to give up a premier running back and premier wide receiver lately. Like this kind of talent just falls of trees. And in return they want "draft picks" so they can pick their favorite kid in shorts come spring in the chance he becomes a good player, eventually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12228
Miter Saw wrote:
Everyone so willing to give up a premier running back and premier wide receiver lately. Like this kind of talent just falls of trees. And in return they want "draft picks" so they can pick their favorite kid in shorts come spring in the chance he becomes a good player, eventually.


I don't know. Always felt like WR and RB are kind of a commodity - it's the OL and QB that make the offense go.

And we have a lot of talent and depth at both positions. But we need a ton of help on defense.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9290
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/10/8/17951934/jacksonville-jaguars-trade-leveon-bell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16854
$3,828,423 is the current cap room for the Eagles.

Brandon Graham for LBell makes some sense.

Trading Graham's salary would offset the Bell trade and leave Philly with something like $1.5M salary cap. Graham is a FA at the end of the year, and they have Josh Sweat, Chris Long, and Michael Bennett behind him.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 436
GreekSteel wrote:

Jamaal Charles - not Lev Bell

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14342
Quote:
@4JoshReed
The #Eagles have reached out to the #Bills about a possible trade for LeSean McCoy, per source. Philly just lost RB Jay Ajayi for the season due to a torn ACL. McCoy spent the first 6 seasons of his career with the Eagles and is the franchise all-time leading rusher. https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/10 ... 8985907200


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OK...trade Bell to the Eagles now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4932
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
GreekSteel wrote:


For what it's worth, I voted for "give the Steelers whatever they want" in the associated poll.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bradshaw2ben, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, Havoc, Kodiak, Majestic-12 [Bot], merlin86, Nick79, RooneyTunes, steel, Steel Mike, SteelersPR, VanWilder and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group