It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: gotta give Tomlin credit
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
They could be entering the bye week first in the division.

Bengals are 4-1. If Steelers manage to win in Cincinnati they would still be a half game back.

Exiting the bye week 1st in the division with a loss to the Steelers next week, than a loss @ KC the following week. 8-)

BTW, CLE and BAL have tough games the next few weeks too. :twisted:

That works. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
They could be entering the bye week first in the division.

Bengals are 4-1. If Steelers manage to win in Cincinnati they would still be a half game back.

Exiting the bye week 1st in the division with a loss to the Steelers next week, than a loss @ KC the following week. 8-)

BTW, CLE and BAL have tough games the next few weeks too. :twisted:

Yeah yeah that’s what I meant. Ha

Any rate this week is a playoff game for the Steelers. If they prepare and play any other way I’m going to find it hard to watch rest of this season

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:46 pm 

Massive game Sunday.

Lers’ cannot turn the ball over or they lose and maybe lose big.

I hope Tomlin is preaching this leading up to the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:13 pm 

They need to go into the Queen City and punch those pussies in the mouth like they normally do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:59 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
I give him credit for calling out the awful penalities. Everyone around the league should give him credit for that. The cover of the recent sports illustrated issue sums up the NFL season to this point. First they screw up the whole idea of what a catch should look like, follow that with screwing up what a sack should look like. Downward spiral. The league has messed with the rhythm, the beauty, and the physicality of the game, and routinely negate big plays by rewarding the wrong team.

Except for the jammed signals up in Foxboro that one year how much does he use that forum to criticize the product?
I can only guess that what was defined as a case where the flag is warranted is like the catch...inconsistent from game to game and week to week.

I was watching the Philly game and Bennett did all he could do not to get flagged in realtime and he gets the laundry.
I think the very next play he drops Carson with weight and no flag.

I never sit and yell at the TV but I am doing it.

How would a Zach Thomas or even James Harrison with their frame not look like they are leading with the head or using their weight to the ground?

I do get the head to head on a defenseless receiver but at this point put flags on the QB so the intent is never in question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@JFowlerESPN
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on his team's first home win: "Hopefully it's a catalyst for us as we move forward, but we acknowledge it's gonna be quite some time, I'm sure, before we get that September stench off of us. So we'll put our heads down and keep working." https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1049039763037212683
Quote:
@JFowlerESPN
Tomlin no longer holding back on penalty criticism: “Some of the other stuff, man, is a joke. We gotta get better as a National Football League. Man, these penalties are costing people games and jobs. We gotta get ‘em correct. So I’m pissed about it, to be quite honest with you." https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/ ... -called%2F

Will-the-Shake wrote:
I give him credit for calling out the awful penalities. Everyone around the league should give him credit for that. The cover of the recent sports illustrated issue sums up the NFL season to this point. First they screw up the whole idea of what a catch should look like, follow that with screwing up what a sack should look like. Downward spiral. The league has messed with the rhythm, the beauty, and the physicality of the game, and routinely negate big plays by rewarding the wrong team.

And he gets rewarded for pointing out the obvious, obviously.

Quote:
NFL exec. VP of Football Operations Troy Vincent has been in touch with #Steelers coach Mike Tomlin for his comments on the officiating, I’m told. It is being reviewed for a possible fine, though often post-game comments are given more latitude because of the emotion involved.https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1049306840738287616?s=21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:02 pm 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
The roughing call on Bostic was the worst I have seen all year. Looked like he lost his balance while trying to get up

Quote:
Jon Bostic, on why he was given a personal foul flag after his sack of Matt Ryan: "To be honest, I don’t know. I tried to ask the ref, he said he didn’t know. So..."

https://imgur.com/H5T6n7R <--Link to play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:27 am 

i have a feeling we fuckin' steamroll Cinci this week
that 4-1 record...they're paper tigers (pun) as always
a win versus a Ravens team they practically own, a shootout win against the Falcons, a comeback against the deeply flawed Colts, Miami gift wrapping them the win on Sunday
color me unimpressed